Author Topic: Trade Idea: Bos/GSW  (Read 5787 times)

Re: Trade Idea: Bos/GSW
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2014, 05:27:32 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Thompson has by far more value around the league than anyone on our roster save for Rondo (and that's probably close given their respective ages and contracts).  The idea that we could get Thompson without giving up either Rondo or multiple first rounders is laughable.

I like Thompson quite a bit, but I think that's overvaluing him. I'm not sure I'd give up multiple 1st's with the current CBA for any player unless we're talking about a superstar.

I think Bradley + the 2014 BKN/ATL 1st + a 2nd rounder could be reasonable. Maybe I'd consider allowing them the additional option of swapping another 1st in a draft down the line, but I'd be extremely hesitant to give up two 1st's outright.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2014, 05:31:19 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
Man Bass to GS makes a ton of sense..He would be perfect on that team...I don't know what we get back but bass seems to be a real nice fit for them..
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2014, 05:37:18 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Thompson has by far more value around the league than anyone on our roster save for Rondo (and that's probably close given their respective ages and contracts).  The idea that we could get Thompson without giving up either Rondo or multiple first rounders is laughable.

I like Thompson quite a bit, but I think that's overvaluing him. I'm not sure I'd give up multiple 1st's with the current CBA for any player unless we're talking about a superstar.

I think Bradley + the 2014 BKN/ATL 1st + a 2nd rounder could be reasonable. Maybe I'd consider allowing them the additional option of swapping another 1st in a draft down the line, but I'd be extremely hesitant to give up two 1st's outright.

GS was talking to okc about Thompson for harden. We're not getting klay without moving something substantial.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2014, 05:48:10 PM »

Offline Dog_Lover106

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
Thank you for your sane perspective. I realize that this is just a discussion board meant to kick things around a bit, but some of these trade ideas are just ridiculous.

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2014, 06:03:09 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

GS was talking to okc about Thompson for harden. We're not getting klay without moving something substantial.

Fair enough. But the extent of those talks will never be really known so I'm not sure that's a good basis for what his value really is (reportedly GSW wanted to dump Biedrins or Jefferson's contract in a deal).

Given they're supposed interest in Bass would anyone consider:

GSW gets: Bass, Bradley, the BKN/ATL 2014 1st, the LAC 2015 first, and the Nets 2016 1st (Top 5 protected)

Bos gets: Thompson, Speights, Nedovic (salary filler)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 06:12:29 PM by RJ87 »
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2014, 06:11:52 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Thank you for your sane perspective. I realize that this is just a discussion board meant to kick things around a bit, but some of these trade ideas are just ridiculous.

Thank you for the condescending reply, obviously I'm just kicking the tires and was looking for a little debate. I've seen far more outlandish trade ideas (MKG for Bass or anything involving Gerald Wallace). Even with Bradley's less than impressive offense, his reputation as a defender hold some form of value. I don't think it's that ridiculous that a team in need of defense might be interested in acquiring him as part of trade package.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 06:38:59 PM »

Offline Dog_Lover106

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12

Thank you for the condescending reply, obviously I'm just kicking the tires and was looking for a little debate. I've seen far more outlandish trade ideas (MKG for Bass or anything involving Gerald Wallace). Even with Bradley's less than impressive offense, his reputation as a defender hold some form of value. I don't think it's that ridiculous that a team in need of defense might be interested in acquiring him as part of trade package.
Are you saying that "just kicking the tires" means you were not being serious? If you are just looking for debate, here is mine.

GS might be interesting in acquiring Bradley, I would have no way of knowing that. But they are not sending Klay Thompson to the Celtics unless you give them Rondo and or Sullinger and multiple picks. 

You are correct however in suggesting that there have been far more outlandish trade ideas posted here.