Author Topic: Monroe anyone?  (Read 12229 times)

Re: Monroe anyone?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 10:18:39 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
I don't want Monroe , we'd have too small a front line.

If green is to go to Detroit, I'd take a three team deal. In which that other team gets Monroe , we get expirings and a couple picks along with maybe one young player.

Pretty sure Monroe is 7" with shoes, which puts him right up there with most center length. I would do a trade for him in a heart beat; JG and a pick seems more than fair enough, but the numbers won't work. May JG and AB for Monroe and Stuckey. Both teams get guys that need to be resigned, and both get guys that fill a need. AB for Stuckey is about even, and it makes the money work. Add in LAC first to sweeten the deal. Sign Hayward in the off season and BOOM!! rebuild almost done. Maybe we get a Parker/Wiggins or a Exum in the draft.

Monroe is 6'10 with shoes , and isn't the defensive center we need.

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2014, 10:26:23 PM »

Offline cometboy

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 14
If we lose Green, we will be in dire need of offense as well, no matter how inconsistent he is.

The possibility of Bosh opting out also intrigues me, but it would require a similar approach that Danny took with KG in 2007.

CB

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2014, 10:26:29 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

He's 6'9.75'' without shoes, so I really doubt this is true.

He may not be the defensive presence we'd ideally want next to Sullinger at center, but I love his skill level at the center position and I think he and Sullinger would be a really potent offensive pairing.

I think you could potentially coach those guys, with the right supporting cast, to anchor a solid defensive unit.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2014, 10:32:44 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
If he can play Center well, why not?

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2014, 10:37:19 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green

He may not be the defensive presence we'd ideally want next to Sullinger at center, but I love his skill level at the center position and I think he and Sullinger would be a really potent offensive pairing.

I think you could potentially coach those guys, with the right supporting cast, to anchor a solid defensive unit.

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2014, 10:51:53 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Yup, they're the exact same height.

Andre Drummond is listed at 6'9.75'' without shoes.

Both Drummond and Monroe are "NBA" 6'11''.

FYI -- the height and weight listings on ESPN are unreliable.  Use the predraft measurements, if you can find them.  Although those won't mean anything if the player has grown a lot since the draft -- e.g. Anthony Randolph, Paul George, Kevin Durant.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 12:40:33 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I'd do Green for Monroe but I wouldn't want to include anything else. Green is valuable and getting Monroe's RFA status is valuable. If they want Bogan's expiring over Bass that is fine with me. I'd prefer to move Bass though.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kww29ky

No picks either way. Without some guarantee that we can retain Monroe I wouldn't want to give up any picks. Green is already a very equitable compensation for a guy who might walk for nothing.

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2014, 05:33:29 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Other than getting Melo for an unreasonably cheap price. Monroe is the guy I want most this trade deadline. He's going to be a restricted free-agent(so we can match any offer) and will likely make around 11/12 million annually, but at 23 that's fair for his type of talent. He's mobile has great, touch around the rim, a respectable elbow jumper, is a solid passer and he rebounds. He's not a great defender, but he has the tools and he seems to be a smart player who you can learn. Sullinger and him together could grow be a devastating front line, they both have 20/10 potential.

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2014, 06:06:47 AM »

Offline cometboy

• Joe Mazzulla
I understand Monroe is a high character guy. he's young, talented, and will benefit from good coaching. I would love to see him paired with Sully and Rajon. I don't want to see Jeff go, but ths may be the best we can do with trading him. I just don't see a core of Rondo, AB, Jeff, and Sully getting us where we need to be with the addition of just 1 player. Bill Russell's not walking through that door!

Monroe could be one of the 2 mssing pieces. a great draft and we are a very competetive team.

CB

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2014, 08:19:48 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Jeff Green will not land Monroe.  Need to include at least one more piece.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2014, 08:22:57 AM »

Offline cometboy

• Joe Mazzulla

I'm ok with that, as long as it isn't Rondo, AB or Sully. They can have Bass or Hump, depending on how the money lines up. I was actually thinking the Pistons would have to send someone else back to get the money lined up.

CB

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2014, 08:25:34 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I'm ok with that, as long as it isn't Rondo, AB or Sully. They can have Bass or Hump, depending on how the money lines up. I was actually thinking the Pistons would have to send someone else back to get the money lined up.

CB
I said piece not crap.

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2014, 08:32:49 AM »

Offline cometboy

• Joe Mazzulla

CB
I said piece not crap.

Detroit is in a bit of a bind. They suck as currently constituted. They don't want to trade Drummond (at least I wouldn't), they (probably) can't trade Smith. I think it's doubtful Monroe wants to resign (JMHO). They need to get something before he walks for nothing. Almost a little like the situation Houston is in with Asik (minus the money issue with Asik). I don't think Detroit is in the driver's seat here. I just don't know if they realize that.

CB

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2014, 08:34:42 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Like what, a future draft pick?

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2014, 09:01:48 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Like what, a future draft pick?
Yeah or something similar and probably more than the Clippers pick.  Bradley might also count, but he is a bit repetitive for them and is expiring so I don't think they would value him as much as other teams. 

Monroe is younger, better, and plays at a more difficult position to fill than Green.  Sure he is expiring, but he is a restricted free agent which gives matching rights, so there is no chance of him walking for nothing unless you just don't want to pay him.  He has way more value than Jeff Green.

I think something like this might work for both teams (assuming Boston will match any contract for Monroe)

Green, Bass, Olynyk, Clippers pick

for

Monroe, Jerekbo, Villanueva