Author Topic: Celtics Detroit Trade idea  (Read 4249 times)

Celtics Detroit Trade idea
« on: February 09, 2014, 04:12:31 PM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
Slow, boring Sunday. Would you do:
Celtics - Jeff Green, Bass, Sully,
for
Detroit - Josh Smith, Monroe, Datome + 2014 2nd Round

Why for Boston: we get a good, young Center to build on and Josh Smith who slides in his natural PF spot. I watched Datome in Europe and he is way better than what he had shown so far. Could be a good SF back-up.

Celtics line-up:
PG Rondo, Bayless, Pressey
SG Bradley, CJ
SF Wallace, Datome
PF Josh Smith, Hump
C Monroe, KO, Fav, JA

2 first rounders and 1 2nd r coming in. I hope for a solution at SF.

Why for Detroit: Cleaning up the mess. Getting a real SF. Very good prospect in Sully. Starting 5 would be:
PG Jennings
SG Singler
SF Green
PF Sully
C Drummond

Downside for Boston - no guarantee Monroe resigns and to what price. Josh might be really that bad and not just in a bad situation. We lose Sully  :-[. No pain, no gain.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

Re: Celtics Detroit Trade idea
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 04:42:41 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
not bad but I don't see Detroit making that deal.

I'd be hesitant from the C's side as well.  Smith is overpaid for what he produces and he's got a low BBIQ. 
Monroe, IMHO, should be better than he is.  Strikes me as someone with a questionable motor this year.   could be just what I've seen and this may not be the case with him.
Don't know enough about Datome to judge if he's an asset.  not getting time for that Detroit team does lead to questions for me.
That 2nd rounder will get progressing lower because I do think this deal improves Detroit by giving them parts that fit together better and Sully is the PF they really need with Drummond.

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 04:43:39 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
While Jeff Green and parts might be enough to get Detroit to move on from the Josh Smith experiment, I think you would be hard pressed to get Monroe for Bass and Sully (though, I guess it depends on his upcoming contract demands). That's not a horrible package, but picks would have to be coming from our side and I am not sure that Rondo, Monroe, and Smith is a winner - it's better than we have now, however.

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 04:54:17 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
No way do I want to tie up 75% of our salary cap in that trio.  Don't see that being enough to truly compete for a title.

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 04:57:17 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
I'd do Our first and green for Drummond and their first...

But Im not trading for jsmoove

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 05:08:07 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
I'd do Our first and green for Drummond and their first...

We could just ask the Pacers for Paul George and their first while we're at it.

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 05:10:19 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Any deal for Drummond that let's us keep Sully as our starting PF

Trade KO, or, Bass , Green , and picks combinations to them

Don't need Monroe , rather have Sully

Smith I want , but not yet .....too soon ...2-3 years from now as the team wants a push for playoffs and Smith is cheaper and more  motivated for a title.   

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 05:14:25 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Any deal for Drummond that let's us keep Sully as our starting PF

So, Rondo and our first round picks for the next decade?

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2014, 05:26:16 PM »

Offline jacigar

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 9
Keep it simple. Trade #1 Asik for Green Trade #2 Smith and Pope for Wallace and Bass.Draft Vonleh #7 and Stauskas#19
2014/15 Lineup and ages at start of season
Pg Rondo 28-Bayless 26-Pressey 23  SG Bradley 24-Pope 21-Stauskas 20  SF Smith 28- Johnson 24- Pierce 37 PF Sullinger 22- Olynk 23-Vonleh 19 C Asik 28-Faverani 26-Humphries 29 Start replacing older parts with Dp in 2015

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 09:38:12 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Keep it simple. Trade #1 Asik for Green Trade #2 Smith and Pope for Wallace and Bass.Draft Vonleh #7 and Stauskas#19
2014/15 Lineup and ages at start of season
Pg Rondo 28-Bayless 26-Pressey 23  SG Bradley 24-Pope 21-Stauskas 20  SF Smith 28- Johnson 24- Pierce 37 PF Sullinger 22- Olynk 23-Vonleh 19 C Asik 28-Faverani 26-Humphries 29 Start replacing older parts with Dp in 2015

Trade#2 has absolutely 100% no chance to happen.  Wallace has negative value so you aren't getting Smith or Pope separately for that package let alone both for Wallace and Bass...

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 09:50:56 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Yup, I make that deal.

A team consisting of Rondo, Smith and Monroe:

That's a playoff contender in my eyes.

Also, keep this mind too.

Are we really ever going to get or see a better package of players with all the oodles of cap space we are creating?

Remember, star players don't want to come to Boston.

However, I think a deal like this might make more sense on draft night or later during the summer.

Imagine if the Celts can land a Wiggins or Parker on draft night and then land Smith and Monroe in a deal with a healthy Rondo for next season:

I say in 2015, we are back in the Eastern Conference Finals.

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 11:12:28 AM »

Offline smiggity

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 3
I know everyone says that Drummond can't be had. But everyone can be had at the right price, right? The same exact thing could be said of Rondo.

I propose a trade of Rondo, Green, and a pick or two (not including the Cs' own 2014 first) in exchange for Drummond and the Stuckey/Villanueva expirings.

Detroit gets a strong foundation with pieces that fit in Rondo/Green/Smith/Monroe.

The Celtics get their frontcourt of the future in Sully/Drummond, tons of cap space, and better 2014 lotto chances (by making this year's team worse).

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 11:37:32 AM »

Offline smiggity

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 3
I propose a trade of Rondo, Green, and a pick or two (not including the Cs' own 2014 first) in exchange for Drummond and the Stuckey/Villanueva expirings.

Alternatively, if the Pistons are committed to a Drummond/Monroe frontcourt and are desperate to get rid of Smith, I would trade G. Wallace and Bogans (expiring) for him. Detroit would save some money as Smith's deal is one year longer than Wallace's. If I'm the Celtics, I'd pay the difference to see if Sully/Smith can co-exist.

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2014, 05:14:44 PM »

Offline cometboy

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 14
I know everyone says that Drummond can't be had. But everyone can be had at the right price, right? The same exact thing could be said of Rondo.

Detroit gets a strong foundation with pieces that fit in Rondo/Green/Smith/Monroe.

The Celtics get their frontcourt of the future in Sully/Drummond, tons of cap space, and better 2014 lotto chances (by making this year's team worse).

I would do that trade. A good point guard is easier to find than a great, promising young center. Depending on the draft, we could have a wiggins, sully and drummond frontcourt or maybe exum manning the point with drummond and sully up front.

CB

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2014, 05:51:12 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Alternatively, if the Pistons are committed to a Drummond/Monroe frontcourt and are desperate to get rid of Smith, I would trade G. Wallace and Bogans (expiring) for him. Detroit would save some money as Smith's deal is one year longer than Wallace's. If I'm the Celtics, I'd pay the difference to see if Sully/Smith can co-exist.
  Are you really serious?  Wallace has ZERO Value.  That trade wouldn't even be laughed at.  You would be drug tested as a GM for even offfering it.