Author Topic: Rumor: Hawks looking to get Jeff Green  (Read 41780 times)

Re: Rumor: Hawks looking to get Jeff Green
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2014, 06:30:16 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
I forgot that about this:
2015 first round draft pick from Brooklyn
Atlanta has the right to swap its 2015 1st round pick for Brooklyn's 2015 1st round pick [Atlanta-Brooklyn, 7/11/2012]

That and some expirings would do it for me. KG and Pierce may be done after this year and they will likely lost Blatche and Kirelenko to FA.

« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2014, 07:02:17 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Atlanta has the right to swap its 2015 1st round pick for Brooklyn's 2015 1st round pick [Atlanta-Brooklyn, 7/11/2012]

That and some expirings would do it for me. KG and Pierce may be done after this year and they will likely lost Blatche and Kirelenko to FA.

It's actually this year that Atlanta gets to swap with Brooklyn. So they really need to stink it up this year...

« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2014, 07:07:58 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25617
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

It's actually this year that Atlanta gets to swap with Brooklyn. So they really need to stink it up this year...

They have the right to swap both years, I believe.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2014, 07:11:37 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

They have the right to swap both years, I believe.

Yeah, Billy King gives away those pick swaps like candy.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2014, 07:15:47 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
Full rights to the nets pick this year and next year.
Atlanta first this year. And an expiring. For Green and bass.

Chalk it up, we in full tank mode, have three picks fr this year. And salary relief

« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2014, 07:27:47 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee

Chalk it up, we in full tank mode, have three picks fr this year. And salary relief

Wait do you really think Jeff Green and Brandon Bass are worth 3 first round picks?

« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2014, 07:29:15 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
To do a 3 for 1 trade the Celtics will need to cut Chris Johnson or Keith Bogans first, I believe.

The trade would be:
Brand, Carrol, Schroeder, 1st for

Green, Pressey, maybe Celtics kick in a 2nd.

I could definitely live with that.  Carrol would fill a depth need at SF.  Schroeder is an upgrade on Pressey.
Brand expires, plus now we get the Atlanta 1st that would have trumped our other 1st round pick.  We'll have 3 1st round picks in the loaded 2014 draft!!

Works in the trade machine.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n8gqzhw

« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2014, 07:30:16 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210

Wait do you really think Jeff Green and Brandon Bass are worth 3 first round picks?
That is only two picks, we already own the Brooklyn/Atlanta second pick this year.

« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2014, 07:33:33 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Green for Carroll, Brand, the Hawks' 2014 1st, and the rights to Lucas Noguiera sounds like a good deal to me.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2014, 07:46:46 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
You'd be amazed at the value Jeff Green has outside of Boston.

People offering Ben Gordon and a 2nd rounder.

Some ATL fans saying they wouldn't give up Carroll and Brand, let alone a pick or DS.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2014, 07:54:54 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

Some ATL fans saying they wouldn't give up Carroll and Brand, let alone a pick or DS.

Brand and Carroll aren't assets, they are just cap numbers. Hawks fans probably don't understand that the same way that Celtics fans don't understand it about Jeff Green.

Jeff Green has some value... a little. He's not a bargain.

I think that if we shed Green's contract and Lucas Noguiera, Dennis Schroeder, or a 1st rounder comes back, that's a hell of a deal.

« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2014, 08:12:19 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102

Brand and Carroll aren't assets, they are just cap numbers. Hawks fans probably don't understand that the same way that Celtics fans don't understand it about Jeff Green.

I think that if we shed Green's contract and Lucas Noguiera, Dennis Schroeder, or a 1st rounder comes back, that's a hell of a deal.

Sad. And probably true.

« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2014, 08:22:13 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I gotta think Green is worth more than a first round pick in the 15-25 range. He is probably the 15th best small forward in the nba, in other words he is an average starter, a very good role player.

I need either 2 lottery protected firsts, or one lottery protected first and a raw prospect, or a single unprotected draft pick in return for jeff green.

If i cant get that, i would just keep him. I dont like the idea of dumping a good player for nothing.

« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2014, 08:25:12 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Sad. And probably true.

I don't see how that's sad.

Wasn't that somewhat similar to the deals that people come up with for Rondo?

I'd say that's a very solid deal for Green.

And that's not a knock against Green. This thread seems to have become kind of a JG bash party of sorts. He is what he is and it's fine.

And the opinions of Hawks fans who basically "scout" through box scores don't really matter...

« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2014, 08:26:14 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

You do realize that Carroll has averaged more assists and rebounds per game and has a higher PER than Green this season?

Based on production this season, Carroll shouldn't be considered salary filler to get a deal done. Perhaps that's why Hawks fans feel they shouldn't have to also give up a 1st round pick for Green.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague