Author Topic: Rumor: Hawks looking to get Jeff Green  (Read 41552 times)

Re: Rumor: Hawks looking to get Jeff Green
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2014, 05:25:11 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Trade Green + Bradley for Horford and Atlanta's 2014 pick

Edit:  Realized after posting that it was a very lopsided deal for Boston.

No incentive for ATL to make that deal. They get an overpaid player that doesn't do much for them without Horford because in the short term they get worse, and there's no guarantee Bradley re-signs. Bad deal.

Green for Carroll, Brand and a first is enough for me. We get out of a bad deal, get an expiring in Brand (and the only other contract in the deal is a cheap 2.5 mil that expires after next year) and get another first rounder this year. Sign me up. Jeff Green is not that good -- his PER is lesser than that of Carroll's.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2014, 05:27:22 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236

I have no interest in Shroeder, so if he was included that's fine, but he doesn't move the needle for me.  Future picks hold more value than past picks which don't look so great.

I don't see how that's the case. Schroder was drafted with the understanding that he was a giant project. The early returns are largely irrelevant. Whether or not that sways you is another question, but I don't think it's fair to classify Schroder as a disappointment.

Also, could we pick up the draft rights to Nogueira along with whatever we got back for Green?

« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2014, 05:29:32 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Horford's not on the table; the Hawks aren't looking to blow things up.  The notion that Jeff Green is the piece that could make Atlanta a true contender and thus would be worth trading away Horford is pretty silly.

it's one thing if the Hawks were playing better without Horford, making him expendable, but they're not - they've been managing, but they've clearly missed his presence.

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2014, 05:35:00 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I have no interest in Shroeder, so if he was included that's fine, but he doesn't move the needle for me.  Future picks hold more value than past picks which don't look so great.

I don't see how that's the case. Schroder was drafted with the understanding that he was a giant project. The early returns are largely irrelevant. Whether or not that sways you is another question, but I don't think it's fair to classify Schroder as a disappointment.

Also, could we pick up the draft rights to Nogueira along with whatever we got back for Green?

I'd say it' plenty fair to call him a disappointment.  He's looked bad.

Maybe he improves over time, but there really isn't a ton of raw talent there to say his ceiling is all that high.

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2014, 05:43:39 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

I'd say it' plenty fair to call him a disappointment.  He's looked bad.

Maybe he improves
 over time, but there really isn't a ton of raw talent there to say his ceiling is all that high.

Schoeder is also only 20 years old.  We can afford to be patient with him.

« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2014, 05:47:20 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
anybody know where approximately that first would be?

If its nets pick, likely 15-20

Meh ...... :-\

Some deal for Horford ......or forget it ................trade Bass for that pick .......not Green

If we do end up with those firsts it would be to package and move up, assuming we don't get a top 3-4 pick. No way DA dumps Green for expirings and another first rounder outside the top 10-12.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2014, 05:51:07 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Shroeder's a 20 year old German kid adapting to the American game on the fly. He's shown a couple glimpses as well. I like him and his potential a lot. Probably better than Pressey, as well.

« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2014, 05:51:32 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
I'm not sure what people think we are getting for Green in a 'buyers' market. Move him for a pick and a Carrol.
We ain't getting any more back. If Danny works them really hard he MIGHT get Schroeder out of them but I doubt it.
Just get rid of Green ASAP and secure the top 5 pick.
Hopefully they'd take Bass too because they have a tonne of cap room.
I'm with you about what would be an acceptable return for Green at this point.  Just do the deals and secure the top 5.  That's a higher priority right now.  I think Danny is okay with going with youth again next year as well, after he deals off Bass, Green and Hump (or lets Hump expire).  Then, he looks to cash in in the summer of 15.

« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2014, 05:56:10 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
I've really soured on Jeff Green this past month. I'm not sure how many more 5-19, 15 point per.formances I can take.

At this point, I'd take a mid-1st round pick and a prospect with some expirings for him.

I never expected him to be a star, but he should have been able to step up and lead this team more than he has done. Not just on the floor. Off the floor too.

He has value, but not a ton.

« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2014, 05:56:21 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'm not sure what people think we are getting for Green in a 'buyers' market. Move him for a pick and a Carrol.
We ain't getting any more back. If Danny works them really hard he MIGHT get Schroeder out of them but I doubt it.
Just get rid of Green ASAP and secure the top 5 pick.
Hopefully they'd take Bass too because they have a tonne of cap room.
I'm with you about what would be an acceptable return for Green at this point.  Just do the deals and secure the top 5.  That's a higher priority right now.  I think Danny is okay with going with youth again next year as well, after he deals off Bass, Green and Hump (or lets Hump expire).  Then, he looks to cash in in the summer of 15.
I think that's Danny's schedule as well.  we'll be getting a good pick this year and probably next as well.  I'm making the assumption that Green and/or Bass will be moved if not by the deadline then in a draft deal.   

« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2014, 05:57:14 PM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
Hope he does not take plays off.

« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2014, 06:11:31 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Brand+Carroll and the 2014 pick from Brooklyn/Atlanta for Green is a fair deal.

Brand expires, and Caroll only has a year (we can take a look). Carroll and Green are similar, but Carroll is a straight role player.

If you look at the splits, when we win, Green shoots a higher percentage, he scores more, and he plays more. There's no question he can be way better than Carroll. Together with Horford, Teague and Milsp? Seems like a pretty fair deal for Atlanta.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3209/jeff-green

« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2014, 06:16:55 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Any deal would include Butler guy, Shelvin Mack, I would assume.  Not a bad backup and would mean Bayless would get walking papers. 

If we got Jeff Teague, we could move RR to another team.   They have Dennis Schroeder who will be their future PG some day.  I would want the pick from  NJ to go to us.

So Jeff Teague and Mack for Jeff Green and their number one ( right now 16)  is what I would ask for folks.  Horford will not be part due to us having Sully and they are the same thing.  I hope DA drives a hard bargain and gets assets not cap space because no one ever signs here in basketball.  They want him they can pay!

« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2014, 06:21:08 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
I would hate if they moved Green for expirings and a mid tier first rounder?

There's most value to be had.
Is there though? After Danny went public with the whole "People expect to much out of a role playing player like Jeff Green" and the multiple reports of Green being heavily shopped, maybe there isn't a lot more value to be gotten in a Jeff Green move.

That's a legit question, Nick.

Would you be happy if they just traded Green for expirings and a middle 1st round pick?

I would.

Green is a good defender, who isn't a particularly high percentage shooter but who can hit some threes however he is also so passive it makes one question if he is even awake sometimes. He's a guy who has historically shown that when you ask him to take more shots, the FG% begins to drop dramatically. But the PPG totals don't grow like you think they should.

I don't think he is overpaid, or a cap dump. But I think getting a pick for him while we can is a good idea. And most importantly it wouldn't take a super star to replace his production like it would with Rondo.

Gives us the room to make a run at some good young players too. Not just the draft picks from the trades. Guys like Gordon Hayward, Eric Bledsoe or Lance Stephenson this offseason or guys like Chandler Parsons, Kemba Walker, Reggie Jackson, Kawhi Leonard or Nikola Vucevic next offseason.

I know everyone wants a superstar, but our best bet might be to clear cap space and go after some of those young guys in FA then trade for our star with all the picks and assets we have.

« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2014, 06:21:42 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Not sure they give up Teague.