Author Topic: What could Grizz give us in a Green/Prince swap?  (Read 1517 times)

What could Grizz give us in a Green/Prince swap?
« on: February 08, 2014, 06:31:43 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
The Grizz want to upgrade at SF.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/231851/Grizzlies-Interested-In-Upgrading-Small-Forward

Prince has been horrible and looks totally burnt. We have a small forward who is a huge upgrade on Prince.

What will the Grizz give us/do we want that could make this deal happen.

If I'm reading this:

http://www1.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

correctly, the first picks that they can give us would be Toronto's 2016 second and our own 2016 second back.

So, I guess there's nothing attractive enough for us to make the swap for picks until far into the future unless we make this trade on draft day and have them pick for us.
(Which, boringly, might be our best value.)

Do the Grizz have players to add to Prince that will make it attractive enough for us to do this?

Some combination of either Koufos or Ed Davis along with one or both of Leuer and Jamal Franklin works in trade checker for Green and Bogans.

Does this make sense for either/both sides?

Re: What could Grizz give us in a Green/Prince swap?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 06:49:24 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Some combination of either Koufos or Ed Davis along with one or both of Leuer and Jamal Franklin works in trade checker for Green and Bogans.

Does this make sense for either/both sides?

Ed Davis is their heir apparent to the starting PF role and a reluctance to play him as much as management wanted was probably a strong factor in Lionel Hollins not coaching the team.

I think that they are more likely to salary dump Zach Randolph out of the belief that Davis can match the production of a declining 32-year-old star rather than move Davis for someone to play with Z-bo and Marc Gasol.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 07:35:48 PM »

Offline green147

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 08:04:06 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

TP for the image.... Made me laugh. (Just out of curiosity, though, what kind of bear is that?)

Also, I'm confused. The image has the bear "saying" NO, does that mean the Grizz say no or we say NO, and to what specifically?

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 10:35:27 AM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Grizzlies have zero interest in Green. None. The reason I know this is because John Hollinger has a huge role in the operations department. The same John Hollinger who used to work for ESPN and bashed the Green signing on a regular basis. No way he trades for a guy that he sees no value in.