Author Topic: Pierce Jersey Framing - Suggestions for 2 8x10 Pierce Photos to use?  (Read 10299 times)

Offline NBAJ2K

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 12
Being a lifelong diehard Celts fan and following Pierce since I was in middle school, I finally was able to get his Authentic Home Celtics jersey signed (i've had it for many years) after sending it to Steiner Sports for a recent signing. I'm going to hopefully be buying a house in the next couple months, and was hoping for this to be at the center of my mancave.

After talking to a few people and seeing some examples, I've decided I'm going to pony up a bit and have it framed at Sports Displays.com, getting their 'Executive Framing'.
http://sportsdisplays.com/executive-basketball-jersey-framing-c-340-p-1-pr-16390.html

For that particular framing, I need to find 2 8x10 pictures of Pierce to purchase and send in.  I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on pictures to use.

I definitely want to use one of him holding up the NBA Finals MVP trophy, this particular angle is the one i was hoping for, but I can't find a place that sells the high quality 8x10

Does anyone have any ideas of where I could find that? particular one?  If not, I know the more well known one that's easier to find is this one

For the 2nd picture, it's up in the air which one I will use.  Anyone have any suggestions? One of him popping his Celtics jersey out might be a good idea.

Again I'd need to find not just pictures on the web, but a place I could purchase a high quality version.  If I was to try to get it printed myself, I'd need to find a high quality file of the pic

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

~J

Re: Pierce Jersey Framing - Suggestions for 2 8x10 Pierce Photos to use?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 02:11:10 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I always liked this one.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 02:54:31 PM »

Offline Kc2135

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 35

I like this

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 02:58:13 PM »

Offline Kc2135

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 35
OT, but this would be sweet

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 03:05:48 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
My avy
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 03:14:56 PM »

Offline NBAJ2K

• Kristaps Porzingis
OT, but this would be sweet

That is pretty sweet. If I didn't already have this autographed jersey in looking to frame I may look into that, pretty pricey either way though.

My avy

I do love the avatar, I have the same one for my Twitter account. If I decided to go with that, I haven't been able to find anyone that sells a high quality 8x10 of it.  Have you possibly seen it anywhere?

-J

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 05:29:09 PM »

Offline NBAJ2K

• Kristaps Porzingis
Does anyone know where I could purchase an 8x10 of that particular picture? I've looked everywhere and can't find that specific one, just other angles of it. That's #1 on my list

Also, I'm looking for an 8x10 of the original picture of the one below (with the original background).

Any help would be great, especially for that first pic, I can't find a place to buy the 8x10 anywhere.

~J

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 06:44:41 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
I personally always thought using magazine covers is way better than a regular 8 by 10.  I'm pretty sure you can order any past cover straight from Sports Illustrated, and if you can't do the same from SLAM, then you could probably just nab one off ebay.

Although Sporting News (and ESPN) are oversized, but they have some nice covers too (if you wanted to scale it down):

« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 06:49:56 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 10:35:24 PM »

Offline NBAJ2K

• Kristaps Porzingis
I was FINALLY able to locate the picture of Pierce with the trophy that I was looking for.

Does anyone happen to know of a Web link of the picture below with the original background?

The only one I can find is the one from the Celtics.com site with the photoshopped background. I just wanted to see what the original one looked like to see if it makes sense to use for the 2nd pic. Still going through some other pics too.

Thanks for the help!

~J

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 05:41:40 PM »

Offline NBAJ2K

• Kristaps Porzingis
I was able to locate the image below, although it's not high enough quality for me to attempt to have it printed.

Either that one or the one below I'd love to purchase an 8x10 of

Anyone happen to have seen either of these available anywhere by chance? Hoping to get this done up soon, so any help would be greatly appreciated. If there is another one similar that's an 8x10, (has to be 10" vertically).

~J

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 08:42:04 PM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37

I always liked this one.

*Crowd chanting Defense*

Pierce for 3....

IT'S GOOD! PAUL PIERCE FROM WAY DOWN TOWN!

Probably my favorite Pierce bucket of all-time.

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 09:15:11 PM »

Offline rtceltics

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
4th one down from beginning.  He was talking to Red!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 09:39:36 PM »

Offline NBAJ2K

• Kristaps Porzingis

I always liked this one.

*Crowd chanting Defense*

Pierce for 3....

IT'S GOOD! PAUL PIERCE FROM WAY DOWN TOWN!

Probably my favorite Pierce bucket of all-time.

I really like this as well, although I remember this time clearly since I really thought we going to win the series, and it will haunt me that LeBron went nuts on us in Boston and knocked us out.  Either way I need to have a picture that is 8x10 but 10" tall not wide, so that it will fit the template for the framing.  That one is not, and I am also unable to order an 8x10 of it.

4th one down from beginning.  He was talking to Red!!!!!

I do love that one too, but again, I'd need to find somewhere that I could order a high quality 8x10 of the pic.  Do you happen to know of anywhere? I've gone through many different sites, but I haven't been able to find the exact pictures I'm looking for.  The other option is to find a really high quality image and attempt to have it printed somewhere.

I really do appreciate the help!

~J

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2014, 06:17:28 PM »

Offline NBAJ2K

• Kristaps Porzingis
Finally getting around to having the money to have the jersey framed, so I'm just looking for that other 8x10 to purchase (has to be 10" vertically)

Anyone by chance stumble on any other Pierce pic I could possibly use (along with the one of him with the trophy earlier in the thread) ? Unfortunately I can't just use any pic from the Web, and I found need to print a good quality 8x10 of it.

Pulling the trigger in the next couple days, any help would be greatly appreciated!

-J

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2014, 06:33:26 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale