Author Topic: This renewed Rondo / Knicks "trade rumor" cracked me up...  (Read 8827 times)

This renewed Rondo / Knicks "trade rumor" cracked me up...
« on: February 08, 2014, 01:13:14 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Although Boston continues to tell potential trade partners that star point guard Rajon Rondo isn't available, that hasn't stopped the New York Knicks from working to put together a package for him, according to a report from USA Today's Sam Amick. The Knicks would likely have to package Amar'e Stoudemire with other players in order to lure the Celtics.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/2/8/5392410/nba-trade-rumors-2014-knicks-rajon-rondo-rudy-gay-suns

Wait, what?  That report makes it sound like Amare is some coveted piece that the Knicks are reluctant to give up.  Come on, SB Nation:  step up your game.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: This renewed Rondo / Knicks "trade rumor" cracked me up...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 01:20:48 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Would "likely" or would "gladly" have to package amare in the deal?
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 01:22:11 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Although Boston continues to tell potential trade partners that star point guard Rajon Rondo isn't available, that hasn't stopped the New York Knicks from working to put together a package for him, according to a report from USA Today's Sam Amick. The Knicks would likely have to package Amar'e Stoudemire with other players in order to lure the Celtics.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/2/8/5392410/nba-trade-rumors-2014-knicks-rajon-rondo-rudy-gay-suns

Wait, what?  That report makes it sound like Amare is some coveted piece that the Knicks are reluctant to give up.  Come on, SB Nation:  step up your game.

Agree...rubbish put out by Dolan to one of his ministers of propaganda.

The most laughable part was talking about taking Green off our hands, as if they were doing us a favor, and thus equating Green's trade value to Wallace.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 01:23:33 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Well I think they're saying that Ainge is trying to clear the books by 2015 so then Amare would be a good asset to have in instead of Green and/Wallace. If that's the difference between nabbing max free agent or not, then I would agree. But Rondo's inclusion makes it hard to believe.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 01:28:15 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Well I think they're saying that Ainge is trying to clear the books by 2015 so then Amare would be a good asset to have in instead of Green and/Wallace. If that's the difference between nabbing max free agent or not, then I would agree. But Rondo's inclusion makes it hard to believe.

The whole point of clearing cap space for 2015 is to add to Rondo. If you trade him, it becomes rather pointless.

Saw this r"umor" this morning and just shook my head. Sam Amick I believe is where it originated.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 01:31:53 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

What was even funnier was that the report I saw said something along the lines of the Celtics would probably have to add a player like Jeff Green toget the deal done... Doh!

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 01:32:57 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Sam Amick does cover his butt in this non-story with this:

Yet what they can't do is offer the sort of draft-pick haul that Ainge covets and that could come his way from somewhere other than New York before the deadline passes. The Knicks don't have a first-round draft pick available to be traded until 2018, and that factor alone will likely be enough to keep their Rondo dreams from coming true. Remember this, too: If Ainge is going to do something with Rondo, his colleagues tend to think he'd wait until the very last minute before the deadline to do so.

Ohhh Sam Amick you're just a real Boodward and Werstein. Just keep breaking that, "Something might happen, but it probably won't happen, but it might, although its unlikely, but it could, and THAT'S NEWS I SHOULD GET PAID TO WRITE" insight we love.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 01:39:31 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1302825

Some Knick fan perspective.

Pretty hilarious that some of them are actually against it. "No way I give up Hardaway Jr AND a draft pick!"
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 01:47:50 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

Pretty hilarious that some of them are actually against it. "No way I give up Hardaway Jr AND a draft pick!"

Hahahaha. That's like some Celtics fans not wanting to include Sully in any deal for Kevin Love.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 01:59:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Not really. Some ppl are not a fan of his game.   

I'd do this trade

To knicks: Rondo, Wallace
To celtics: Staudermire, Hardaway Jr, 2015 and 2016 1st

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 02:04:19 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

I'd do this trade

Knicks can not trade a 1st until 2018

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2014, 02:09:24 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I'd do this trade

Knicks can not trade a 1st until 2018

thx . Didn't know that. I guess they can't rondo unless they are involved in a three way trade then

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2014, 02:13:34 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I like that they get 2 of our three best players for Amar'e and what shumpert? Maybe if Danny drives a hard bargain we could get Hardaway Jr. lol.

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2014, 02:15:54 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Who would you rather be, the Knicks, the Cavs, or the Bucks?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 02:17:12 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Who would you rather be, the Knicks, the Cavs, or the Bucks?

Cavs.

They have some young talent on rookie contracts.  They have trade-able vets.  They are in position for another good draft pick.

They just need to make the right front office hire who will make the right coach hire.