Author Topic: Latest Trade Chatter (2/18) via Basketballinsiders.com (updated)  (Read 32730 times)

Re: Latest Trade Chatter (2/15) via Basketballinsiders.com (updated)
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2014, 03:52:15 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Ilyasova might be an interesting buy-low candidate. He's making less money per year than Jeff Green, and the last year on his current contract, for 2016/17, is nearly fully unguaranteed (with a trigger date of July 1, 2016).

Not sure what the Bucks would want back, though.

It's striking how much worse he's done this year, especially in shooting, than the last two. Must be tough on a tanking team, but still hard to explain.

I've really, really liked him in the past and am a bit puzzled now.

This from ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2767/ersan-ilyasova

The longest-tenured player on the team, Ilyasova has endured a poor statistical season, due in large part to several nagging injuries that have prevented him from reaching his potential as a productive stretch four. He's shooting just 29.0 percent from three-point range and has struggled to find a consistent, defined role in coach Larry Drew's erratic rotations.

Injuries and being used improperly= deflated vale....good for us. Like him a lot. Accumulate assets, get him when his value is low and we'll sort it out later.

More assets and an even more unbalanced line-up for a better draft pick. I like it.

Thanks--looks like thumb, hammy, ankle and back.

Re: Latest Trade Chatter (2/16) via Basketballinsiders.com (updated)
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2014, 09:38:37 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Orlando

According to Alex Kennedy, the Knicks are among a number of teams that are turning their attention to Orlando Magic guard Arron Afflalo as Kennedy notes the Magic are flooded with calls for him with the deadline just six days away.

The Charlotte Bobcats, New York Knicks, Oklahoma City Thunder, Phoenix Suns and San Antonio Spurs come to mind. Pretty much any team that wants to be a buyer at the deadline and could use a starting shooting guard or additional scorer. Afflalo has been excellent this season and his trade value has never been higher.

However the Knicks will run into the same problem they will have trying to make any deal to attempt to improve this team- they have nothing to offer.

The last paragraph made me LOL. Delusional Knicks need to set there sights much lower than the Rajon Rondo, Kyle Lowry, and Aaron Afflalo's of the league.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2014, 09:53:41 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Orlando

According to Alex Kennedy, the Knicks are among a number of teams that are turning their attention to Orlando Magic guard Arron Afflalo as Kennedy notes the Magic are flooded with calls for him with the deadline just six days away.

The Charlotte Bobcats, New York Knicks, Oklahoma City Thunder, Phoenix Suns and San Antonio Spurs come to mind. Pretty much any team that wants to be a buyer at the deadline and could use a starting shooting guard or additional scorer. Afflalo has been excellent this season and his trade value has never been higher.

However the Knicks will run into the same problem they will have trying to make any deal to attempt to improve this team- they have nothing to offer.

The last paragraph made me LOL. Delusional Knicks need to set there sights much lower than the Rajon Rondo, Kyle Lowry, and Aaron Afflalo's of the league.

I think Orlando should make every effort to trade him to the highest bidder. He's 28 and having a season significantly better than he's ever played before and after that torrid start his numbers have been slipping as the season progresses. Through Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb his ppg is 22/22/17/14 and his TS% is 63/59/55/51. Sell high.

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2014, 10:31:50 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
Orlando

I think Orlando should make every effort to trade him to the highest bidder. He's 28 and having a season significantly better than he's ever played before and after that torrid start his numbers have been slipping as the season progresses. Through Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb his ppg is 22/22/17/14 and his TS% is 63/59/55/51. Sell high.

Completely agree.

Ben Gordon, POR first, DET first

For

Aaron Afflalo and Glen Davis

Is that enough? Dump the contract of Davis and pick up two additional firsts.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2014, 10:45:11 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Orlando

Completely agree.

Ben Gordon, POR first, DET first

For

Aaron Afflalo and Glen Davis

Is that enough? Dump the contract of Davis and pick up two additional firsts.

You know, Big Al and Big Baby would be a very interesting front-court pairing.  I could see them being a highly competitive duo in the league.  Davis has always been an underrated defender, in my opinion.

Not saying they'd be the best, but they certainly would hold their own against most. And adding Afflalo would be a boost to Charlotte's perimeter offense and defense.

Walker
Afflalo
MKG
Davis
Jefferson

Looks like a solid playoff team to me (at least in the East).

Re: Latest Trade Chatter (2/18) via Basketballinsiders.com (updated)
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2014, 10:51:22 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
Clippers

Adrian Wojnarowski: Clippers GM/coach Doc Rivers on the search for a big man to bolster his bench, league sources tell Yahoo

Celtics

Sources continue to insist, however, that Ainge has to get something certain in return for Rajon (see: the bid he made for Chris Paul 21/2 years ago). Word is the C’s would take draft picks, but they’d have to be guaranteed in the top few — even if they came in separate years — and it’s hard to see anyone meeting that price.

Sources around the league have confirmed that calls have been made to the Celtics regarding Rondo, Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger, Kelly Olynyk, Jeff Green and Kris Humphries. But as of last night, there were no ongoing talks regarding any of them.

Knicks

The Knicks have had talks with Atlanta regarding Jeff Teague, who is available, sources say. The Hawks have been trying to improve their small forward position, but the Knicks can’t help them there. The downside to Teague is that he’s got three years left on a $32 million deal and that would cut into the Knicks’ future cap space

Pelicans

The Pelicans have been looking to strengthen their frontcourt and may be ready to make a deal at the trade deadline. According to Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports, New Orleans is prepared to make second year guard Austin Rivers and the rights to NBDL sensation Pierre Jackson available for the right return of assets.

Memphis

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports is reporting the Memphis Grizzlies are discussing a deal  which would send veteran forward Tayshaun Prince to the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for forward Chase Budinger and guard J.J. Barea.

The Grizzlies rank dead last in the league in three-point field goals per game and are 26th overall in three-point percentage. Budinger is career 36 percent shooter from deep and would figure to provide some immediate perimeter help.

Cavaliers

A swap has been discussed including Jason Terry and Jarrett Jack. Sacramento has also been rumored to be interested according to sources.

Toronto

It’s no secret Boston has dangled four-time all-star Rajon Rondo league-wide and while the asking price is steep, he has piqued the interest of Toronto’s front office, according to multiple sources. Toronto is eager to up its “star” quotient and is also enamoured with Rondo’s resume, particularly his four all-defensive team selections (two all-NBA first team). He has many backers in the organization

Spurs

San Antonio has been linked to struggling forward Ersan Ilyasova if the Bucks would be willing to take the expiring contracts of Matt Bonner and Boris Diaw. Spurs would also include their 2014 first rounder

*CB Miami Heat*

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2014, 03:48:22 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
after the Jason Terry/Evans trade...everything just....STOPPED!

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2014, 04:18:50 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I see no reason why Humphries should still be on this team after the deadline. Nothing personal against him, he's actually played well this year, but he will be a free agent and can definitely help a contender.

I'm sure we wouldn't get much, but even a distant future first would be worth it IMO.

Blazers? Clippers? Surely someone would take him.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2014, 04:28:37 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I see no reason why Humphries should still be on this team after the deadline. Nothing personal against him, he's actually played well this year, but he will be a free agent and can definitely help a contender.

I'm sure we wouldn't get much, but even a distant future first would be worth it IMO.

The issue with trading Humphries' $12m expiring is that we'd probably have to take on long term salary in the deal. Contenders would likely being more interested, but they're also the likeliest to be well over cap. At this point, I'd rather just let him expire and not compromise future flexibility.

(Also, I'm sure Clippers would love to have him but we can't trade with them until this offseason because of the Doc Rivers situation).
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2014, 04:32:23 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker

The issue with trading Humphries' $12m expiring is that we'd probably have to take on long term salary in the deal. Contenders would likely being more interested, but they're also the likeliest to be well over cap. At this point, I'd rather just let him expire and not compromise future flexibility.

(Also, I'm sure Clippers would love to have him but we can't trade with them until this offseason because of the Doc Rivers situation).

The Celtics have a $10M trade exception. They can take back a vet min player.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2014, 04:35:07 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

You can always take on a player on a minimum contract without having to send anything back.

But if the Celtics trade Humphries, the other team has to send back payroll to match his huge contract. And chances are it won't be an expiring.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2014, 04:37:39 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Right, but whatever team that's getting Humphries (if they're over cap like most contenders are) has to send out $12m to make room for Humphries unless the incoming team has a massive TPE to send back our way.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2014, 04:43:25 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
On the trade chatter front:

1. Apparently, Jordan Hill to Brooklyn is nowhere close to a done deal. Reports that Cleveland is also making a play for Hill.

2. New Orleans was just granted an injury exception (Ryan Anderson) of $4.15 million. It's been said that they are fielding interest in Austin Rivers and Anthony Morrow, and still want to move Tyreke Evans or Eric Gordon, so they may be active in the next 24 hours.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2014, 04:46:22 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

He's a classic buy-out candidate.  He's the kind of player that would have been on our radar over the past several years.  Overpaid role players on lotto teams that will want to get to a contender.

My guess is we buy him out and a team like the Blazers that need a big will sign him for the vet min.

« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2014, 04:49:15 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker

You can always take on a player on a minimum contract without having to send anything back.

But if the Celtics trade Humphries, the other team has to send back payroll to match his huge contract. And chances are it won't be an expiring.

Then what is the exception good for? I thought it can be used to match salaries in a 1-for-1 deal?
CELTICS 2024