Author Topic: Latest Trade Chatter (2/18) via Basketballinsiders.com (updated)  (Read 32662 times)

Re: Latest Trade Chatter (2/12) via Basketballinsiders.com (updated)
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2014, 10:37:09 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I find it enormously amusing that the Knicks are basically publicly trying to trade for Lowry, Faried and Rondo.

Newsflash, morons: you don't have anything to trade.

I'll be even more amused when they trade the only real asset they have -- TH Jr. -- for some mediocre veteran (that Melo is friends with) who has 3 years left on his deal.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2014, 10:45:43 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I find it enormously amusing that the Knicks are basically publicly trying to trade for Lowry, Faried and Rondo.

I'll be even more amused when they trade the only real asset they have -- TH Jr. -- for some mediocre veteran (that Melo is friends with) who has 3 years left on his deal.

Barstool NYC may have said it best; the Knicks are a dumpster fire.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2014, 10:46:40 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
They probably will be able to land Lowry if the Raptors can't find another suitor.

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2014, 10:59:48 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
They probably will be able to land Lowry if the Raptors can't find another suitor.

By giving up a 1st in 2018. And then they'll still be bad. And he'll leave or they'll overpay him in the offseason. Love it.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: Latest Trade Chatter (2/15) via Basketballinsiders.com (updated)
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2014, 02:03:48 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Washington

The Wizards are seeking a big man in addition to their push for a backup point guard, tweets Jared Zwerling of Bleacher Report. They’ve shown interest in Greg Monroe and Taj Gibson in recent weeks, though their willingness to pursue an extension with soon-to-be free agent Marcin Gortat suggests they’re not looking for a change at starting center.

GM Ernie Grunfeld and company are probably in the market for a big man who’d back up either Gortat, Nene, or both.

Milwaukee

According to multiple sources, (Ersan) Ilyasova has expressed a desire to be traded, apparently having had his fill of the Bucks’ continual rebuilding project. Ilyasova downplayed talk about him wanting out of Milwaukee and declined to comment on whether he or his agent, Andy Miller, had requested a trade.
According to league sources, Bucks veteran backup shooting guard Gary Neal and his agent, David Bauman, have talked to Hammond in recent weeks about the possibility of a trade.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2014, 02:22:56 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Washington

The Wizards are seeking a big man in addition to their push for a backup point guard, tweets Jared Zwerling of Bleacher Report. They’ve shown interest in Greg Monroe and Taj Gibson in recent weeks, though their willingness to pursue an extension with soon-to-be free agent Marcin Gortat suggests they’re not looking for a change at starting center.

GM Ernie Grunfeld and company are probably in the market for a big man who’d back up either Gortat, Nene, or both.

Milwaukee

According to multiple sources, (Ersan) Ilyasova has expressed a desire to be traded, apparently having had his fill of the Bucks’ continual rebuilding project. Ilyasova downplayed talk about him wanting out of Milwaukee and declined to comment on whether he or his agent, Andy Miller, had requested a trade.
According to league sources, Bucks veteran backup shooting guard Gary Neal and his agent, David Bauman, have talked to Hammond in recent weeks about the possibility of a trade.
I would think everyone in Milwaukee would want to be traded ;)

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2014, 02:27:38 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Ilyasova might be an interesting buy-low candidate. He's making less money per year than Jeff Green, and the last year on his current contract, for 2016/17, is nearly fully unguaranteed (with a trigger date of July 1, 2016).

Not sure what the Bucks would want back, though.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2014, 02:28:46 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
I read somewhere Gary Neal wants to be traded as well and that Bucks are willing to move him.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2014, 02:49:00 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Ilyasova might be an interesting buy-low candidate. He's making less money per year than Jeff Green, and the last year on his current contract, for 2016/17, is nearly fully unguaranteed (with a trigger date of July 1, 2016).

It's striking how much worse he's done this year, especially in shooting, than the last two. Must be tough on a tanking team, but still hard to explain.

I've really, really liked him in the past and am a bit puzzled now.

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2014, 02:57:23 PM »

Offline oldmanspeaks

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 70
It is difficult to figure out a fair value in at trade for Ilysova. He seemed to be a valuable rotation guy in the past but not this year and since his contract is for a fair amount of money you want to make a low offer which won't be accepted. It is easier to figure out a trade when you have a known value that both parties understand.

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2014, 02:59:36 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

It's striking how much worse he's done this year, especially in shooting, than the last two. Must be tough on a tanking team, but still hard to explain.

Yeah, it really is striking how his numbers have just plummeted this season. Tanked, if you will.

Now that I think more about it, I'm not sure he's a fit. Always nice to have a stretch four on the roster, but I don't see him supplanting or complementing Sully in the lineup. So he'd end up being a 6th man, at best.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2014, 03:08:02 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

This from ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2767/ersan-ilyasova

The longest-tenured player on the team, Ilyasova has endured a poor statistical season, due in large part to several nagging injuries that have prevented him from reaching his potential as a productive stretch four. He's shooting just 29.0 percent from three-point range and has struggled to find a consistent, defined role in coach Larry Drew's erratic rotations.

Injuries and being used improperly= deflated vale....good for us. Like him a lot. Accumulate assets, get him when his value is low and we'll sort it out later.

More assets and an even more unbalanced line-up for a better draft pick. I like it.

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2014, 03:09:02 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Washington

That actually sounds like a personal description of Bass.

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2014, 03:10:04 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

I don't personally put any stock in 1 all-star type game, but I wonder if Hardaway's performance with help the Knicks in terms of creating a trade asset for them to use.

Re: Latest Trade Chatter (2/4) via Basketballinsiders.com
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2014, 03:27:20 PM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things
Turner to the Cats continues to be a deal that make some sense to me, though I doubt what Jordan would give up considering Turner's pending FA status (albeit RFA).

The Pelicans are ****** as far as I'm concerned. Who on earth is taking either Gordon or Evans on those deals? Who is giving up anything for Rivers? And they have to give their pick to Philly...

They're going to have a tough deadline.
I wouldn't give up much for turner. He's a good role player but nothing to invest into. He's a better mkg but has pretty much peaked performance wise
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]