Author Topic: Latest Trade Chatter (2/18) via Basketballinsiders.com (updated)  (Read 32663 times)

Re: Latest Trade Chatter (2/6) via Basketballinsiders.com (updated daily)
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 05:20:58 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
We should give the suns Humphries and Bass for Okafor and a pick.

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2014, 05:23:37 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Two weeks to go and it's nearly dead quiet regarding trade rumors.  GMs must be holding their cards particularly close to the vest this year.  I expected at least some rumored things, but nothing for a while.  When will the dam break?

Many of the trade rumors have centered around one GM asking for more in draft considerations than another GM is willing to give up.  I'm not expecting much in the way of deadline deals involving a 2014 first-round pick.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2014, 05:30:06 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Two weeks to go and it's nearly dead quiet regarding trade rumors.  GMs must be holding their cards particularly close to the vest this year.  I expected at least some rumored things, but nothing for a while.  When will the dam break?

Many of the trade rumors have centered around one GM asking for more in draft considerations than another GM is willing to give up.  I'm not expecting much in the way of deadline deals involving a 2014 first-round pick.

My guess is that it'll be like last year--not a lot happening at the deadline, a bunch of moves during the draft.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2014, 06:38:43 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

My guess is that it'll be like last year--not a lot happening at the deadline, a bunch of moves during the draft.

I dunno, it's always hard to pick but I think there will be teams on each side of the playoff/tankathon debate that will try to improve their chances.
ie Philly will try and move all their decent vets for assets+ ensure the tank and teams like the suns will try and get deals that bolster their playoff run.
we are a pretty good partner for Portland and Bass. Would love to get Leonard or Thomas Robinson from them and see if we can turn them into decent players.

There's a certain hidden value in getting guys like that to play with Rondo and building their games and trade value...ie Wilcox, Perkins, Powe etc.. particularly those that find it hard to make their own shot and those that run the floor hard like Wilcox, Leonard and T Rob.

should be some value for those buying in particular.

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2014, 07:42:07 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
players that I think are gone by the trading deadline:

Omar Asik
Evan Turner
Kyle Lowry
Eric Gordon
Steve Nash
Avery Bradley
Pau Gasol

I think all of those guys will be moved in the next few weeks. Overall, the teams aiming for the playoffs will find good bargains, as the tankers will sell off their vets one way or another.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 07:58:26 PM by hpantazo »

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2014, 05:58:22 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Omar Asik
Evan Turner
Kyle Lowry
Eric Gordon
Steve Nash
Avery Bradley
Pau Gasol

I think all of those guys will be moved in the next few weeks. Overall, the teams aiming for the playoffs will find good bargains, as the tankers will sell off their vets one way or another.

I actually think Green has a better chance than Avery of getting traded.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2014, 08:53:03 AM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17

Omar Asik
Evan Turner
Kyle Lowry
Eric Gordon
Steve Nash
Avery Bradley
Pau Gasol

Differing opinion on some of these

Asik - I agree but only if Morey or the Houston ownerwhip is going to be more realistic on what he is going to get back. I think they will have to take less than the Bass-Lee-pick deal they vetoed.

Turner - I agree and probably will fetch less than most think.

Lowry - This one is tricky now. Would have been easier early in the season. Now, he is going to p--- off a lot of fans if he dumps him.

Gordon - I don't think so. It won't be for lack of the Pelicans' trying but with his contract and injury history, I don't see anyone stepping up to take him.

Nash- I disagree. I see this only if the Lakers are willing to pay to dump the contract.

Bradley- I disagree. I'm not worrying about him getting his asking price in RFA. I think the offers are going to come in the $6M range and that's reasonable for a guy who can be a top-8 rotation guy on a contending team.

Gasol - Totally agree

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2014, 09:45:08 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392

it's the calm before the storm. i expect deals to go down. maybe not any major ones, but i do think there will be a lot of deals come trade deadline.
- LilRip

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2014, 10:21:20 AM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75

it's the calm before the storm. i expect deals to go down. maybe not any major ones, but i do think there will be a lot of deals come trade deadline.
I kinda think there will be a whole lot of little deals before the trade deadline AND then a whole lot more come the draft. I think the teams that thought they'd be better and made the playoffs but were ousted in the 1st round - NYK, Cavs good examples will try and offload talent to get picks in the draft...just a thought.

Re: Latest Trade Chatter (2/7) via Basketballinsiders.com (updated daily)
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2014, 04:15:42 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Milwaukee
The Milwaukee Bucks have declined inquiries from opposing teams about whether Larry Sanders has fallen out of favor to the point the Bucks could trade him, according to sources.

The Bucks appear to believe right now that they cannot afford to trade Sanders, who signed a four-year contract extension in the offseason.

The Bucks are fearful that trading Sanders so soon will not result in a fair return.

Sanders is averaging 8 points and 7.3 rebounds this season.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

Caveliers
Gilbert expects the Cavaliers to be aggressive in this month's trade deadline.

"I think we’ll be aggressive at the trading deadline -- historically we have, anyway,'' Gilbert said. "I think we will and we potentially have a lot of opportunity there. We’re looking forward to working with David Griffin, and whatever it takes, 24 hours a day for the next two weeks. Hopefully we’ll find opportunities.''

*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2014, 04:38:31 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
It seems like Chicago is a near-lock to make a financial relief trade by the deadline.

http://www.shamsports.com/2014/02/how-do-you-solve-problem-like-taj-gibson.html

Re: Latest Trade Chatter (2/12) via Basketballinsiders.com (updated)
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2014, 09:46:32 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
New York
The Knicks are in fact interested in Toronto’s Kyle Lowry. Classic Knicks. Could have had him two months ago, backed out now want him again.

Via Frank Isola of the New York Daily News

Miller isn’t the only Nugget coveted by another team. The Knicks have long had eyes for Nuggets forward Kenneth Faried and are trying to restart those talks, according to Marc Stein of ESPN, but up to this point he has been deemed unavailable by the Nuggets.

Golden State
According to a person with knowledge of the Warriors’ situation, Golden State is on the lookout for bench help and is hoping to use its trade exceptions as a way to facilitate such a deal that would likely need to involve three teams. The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the private nature of trade discussions.

The Warriors have two sizable trade exceptions ($9 million and $4 million) that don’t expire until next summer, as well as two smaller exceptions (approximately $780,000) that expire on Feb. 17.

Executives told USA TODAY Sports last week that anyone outside of point guard Stephen Curry and center Andrew Bogut is, to varying degrees, up for discussion. That includes second-year small forward Harrison Barnes, the Warriors reserve who is known to have sparked serious interest from a long list of suitors but who is unlikely to be traded unless it was part of a package for a big-name player

Boston
While the Rockets may not have been willing to settle for a deal centered around Bass then, there are a couple of other teams who are interested in trading for him. Bass has been linked to the Golden State Warriors, Charlotte Bobcats and Phoenix Suns.

The Celtics have additional assets that they can package with Bass, including the $12 million expiring contract of Kris Humphries in the case that they wanted to make a major move. The Celtics are also in the market to rid themselves of the long-term contracts of Gerald Wallace and Jeff Green, so expect to hear their names linked to a lot of talks until the deadline passes. Despite all the talk surrounding Rajon Rondo, his spot on the team past the deadline seems to be a near certainty right now.

*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2014, 10:13:53 AM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
New York
The Knicks are in fact interested in Toronto’s Kyle Lowry. Classic Knicks. Could have had him two months ago, backed out now want him again.

Via Frank Isola of the New York Daily News

Miller isn’t the only Nugget coveted by another team. The Knicks have long had eyes for Nuggets forward Kenneth Faried and are trying to restart those talks, according to Marc Stein of ESPN, but up to this point he has been deemed unavailable by the Nuggets.

Golden State
According to a person with knowledge of the Warriors’ situation, Golden State is on the lookout for bench help and is hoping to use its trade exceptions as a way to facilitate such a deal that would likely need to involve three teams. The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the private nature of trade discussions.

The Warriors have two sizable trade exceptions ($9 million and $4 million) that don’t expire until next summer, as well as two smaller exceptions (approximately $780,000) that expire on Feb. 17.

Executives told USA TODAY Sports last week that anyone outside of point guard Stephen Curry and center Andrew Bogut is, to varying degrees, up for discussion. That includes second-year small forward Harrison Barnes, the Warriors reserve who is known to have sparked serious interest from a long list of suitors but who is unlikely to be traded unless it was part of a package for a big-name player

Boston
While the Rockets may not have been willing to settle for a deal centered around Bass then, there are a couple of other teams who are interested in trading for him. Bass has been linked to the Golden State Warriors, Charlotte Bobcats and Phoenix Suns.

The Celtics have additional assets that they can package with Bass, including the $12 million expiring contract of Kris Humphries in the case that they wanted to make a major move. The Celtics are also in the market to rid themselves of the long-term contracts of Gerald Wallace and Jeff Green, so expect to hear their names linked to a lot of talks until the deadline passes. Despite all the talk surrounding Rajon Rondo, his spot on the team past the deadline seems to be a near certainty right now.
TP for all the info.  Wouldn't mind rewarding Bass by sending him to Golden State.

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2014, 10:19:18 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
I hope the C's keep Humphries. He's a good 2nd unit player and has a $12M expiring contract.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2014, 10:34:40 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
It seems like Chicago is a near-lock to make a financial relief trade by the deadline.

http://www.shamsports.com/2014/02/how-do-you-solve-problem-like-taj-gibson.html
Boozer, Snell, future 1st for Humphries & Faverani.  Saves them a some money this year and a bunch of money next year (so they can just sign Mirotic without paying the amnesty on Boozer).  Boston picks up a nice young player in Snell and a future pick for taking on all that salary.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip