Author Topic: Antoine Walker: How has history treated your feelings toward Employee #8?  (Read 19583 times)

Re: Antoine Walker: How has history treated your feelings toward Employee #8?
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2014, 07:18:32 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Josh Smith is a more athletic AW.

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2014, 07:20:47 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Tmac's not a disappointment?

I don't know.  Two-time scoring champion, seven times All-NBA.  He had some playoff disappointments, and injuries hurt him, but I think you have to consider him as having a successful career.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2014, 07:55:15 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

I don't know.  Two-time scoring champion, seven times All-NBA.  He had some playoff disappointments, and injuries hurt him, but I think you have to consider him as having a successful career.

Agreed.  Especially when you factor in that he was the 9 pick.  Compare that to the year before when Samaki Walker was taken there. 

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2014, 08:12:15 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Recalling that draft is depressing.  Much excitment leading to the lottery and then what a huge letdown.  Bad luck not just about not getting TD, but then the reality of the weak draft. 

We'll never know if Billups would have become Billups if he stayed.
with all the pressure to perform in Boston,  Billups was going to be traded from the team at some point if it hadn't been the Kenny Anderson deal.  Billups didn't develop until he switched teams several times and needed a good 6 years to become a good player.  if he hadn't been the #3 pick in that draft, he'd have been out of the league after his rookie deal.

no way Boston fans would have given the #3 pick that much time to develop into a decent player.

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2014, 09:34:15 PM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71

Agreed.  Especially when you factor in that he was the 9 pick.  Compare that to the year before when Samaki Walker was taken there.

I love TMac, but that much talent down the drains, injuries and all, I'm dissapointed with the final outcome.  He took a long time to develop and a short time to fade away. More sad than anything he ccouldn't stay healthy. 
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2014, 12:53:16 PM »

Offline dysgenic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Frustrating.  Sad.  Disappointing.

Antoine could have been a truly great player.  His combination of size, ball handling, passing, and low post game, is rare. I can't think of another player that has ever played the game with that particular combination of skills in such abundance.  Oh, what could have been.

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2014, 01:02:23 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Frustrating.  Sad.  Disappointing.

Antoine could have been a truly great player.  His combination of size, ball handling, passing, and low post game, is rare. I can't think of another player that has ever played the game with that particular combination of skills in such abundance.  Oh, what could have been.
Mmm Larry bird better size, ball handling, passing, low post game rebounding rt etc etc AND Larry worked and worked to be the beet.  Walker  :-\

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2014, 01:08:34 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I liked Walker. He played hard and brought a lot to the table when he was a Celtic. I was was to see him traded away the first time. Then he came back and was awesome for a couple months, followed by regressing in the playoffs. He rarely did anything in the paint at that point. I was then ready to move on and find a legit big man.

So a mixed bag, but mostly fond memories.

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2014, 01:15:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I liked Walker. He played hard and brought a lot to the table when he was a Celtic. I was was to see him traded away the first time. Then he came back and was awesome for a couple months, followed by regressing in the playoffs. He rarely did anything in the paint at that point. I was then ready to move on and find a legit big man.

Pretty much summed it up for me as well.    .........glass half empty

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2014, 01:17:15 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Pretty much summed it up for me as well.    .........glass half empty
yeah, 1st trade was a punch to the gut.  2nd trade, ready to move on.

« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2014, 02:22:39 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Recalling that draft is depressing.  Much excitment leading to the lottery and then what a huge letdown.  Bad luck not just about not getting TD, but then the reality of the weak draft. 

We'll never know if Billups would have become Billups if he stayed.
with all the pressure to perform in Boston,  Billups was going to be traded from the team at some point if it hadn't been the Kenny Anderson deal.  Billups didn't develop until he switched teams several times and needed a good 6 years to become a good player.  if he hadn't been the #3 pick in that draft, he'd have been out of the league after his rookie deal.

no way Boston fans would have given the #3 pick that much time to develop into a decent player.

TP........unless these 18 years are all LBJ or MJ or Pierce with in 5 games of being drafted........then it's time to cut them ....and the endless  hating starts...