Poll

Would you make this trade?

Yes, absolutely!
25 (89.3%)
No, we're giving up too much!
3 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Would you do this trade: Green, Sullinger, Bradley for Anthony Davis + Aminu  (Read 4470 times)

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
So the thread title says it all.  It works in the trade machine too.  Would you trade a package of Sully, Bradley, and Green for the Brow and Aminu?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mjwn58v

The Pelicans would get 3 starters although they are giving up a potential franchise player in Anthony Davis.  We talk about how Sullinger could turn into a really good starter but Davis is already that guy. 

Bradley meanwhile, we don't even know if we'll meet his contract demands.  But he could turn into a shutdown defending 2 in the future.  New Orleans gets an all-around scorer in Green, although he'll never be a #1 option, he gives them more offense than Aminu and 3 point range on top of that.

Would you do this trade for the Celtics?  Would the Pelicans ever consider such a deal?  If not, what sweetners would need to be thrown in to make it happen?  Is Anthony Davis better/going to be better than Drummond?

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Yes, and before you start new threads to ask I'd trade that package for either LeBron or Durant as well.

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
You are kidding right? The one who declines this trade should be in an institution or is more stupid than Justin Bieber.

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Even if we could throw ghe number one pick in this years draft this still wouldnt get done

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
lol, it must be that time of year again
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Of course.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would do it in a heartbeat but there is no way they would trade Davis as he has Franchise written all over him.

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I trade the whole team for him  ;D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 07:31:10 AM by Birdman »
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Of course you would--but not a chance Pelicans do it.

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
The Pelicans laugh hysterically and then hang up the phone...

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Of course.
You trade everything you can legally in the CBA to get Anthony Davis.

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Danny could trade every first round pick we have from now until 2020 and they still say no. I would say Davis has the highest trade value in the league.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Danny could trade every first round pick we have from now until 2020 and they still say no. I would say Davis has the highest trade value in the league.
Yeah he has higher trade value than LeBron/Durant for most teams.

If you're ready to assemble a cast to contend then Durant/LeBron are worth more. But there are more teams that a player of Davis's caliber on a rookie deal is much more valuable.

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Davis is almost untouchable for them. 

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17

Yes, and before you start new threads to ask I'd trade that package for either LeBron or Durant as well.

+1

In the history of the NBA only 8 players other thatn Davis have had a season where they averaged 20+pts, 10+rebs, and 3+block shots per game.

Six are in the hall of fame:
Olajuwon
Jabbar
Robinson
Ewing
Lanier
McAdoo

1 more (Shaq)is a lock for the HOF and the other (Mourning) would definitely get in if not for time lost to
illness and he still might make it some day.