Author Topic: Would you trade Sullinger, Rondo, and a first for DMC?  (Read 15140 times)

Re: Would you trade Sullinger, Rondo, and a first
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, 03:00:47 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I love Rondo. Favorite player. Understand we need many more pieces, extremely influential, in order to contend again. Not interested in building around a thug that is putting up numbers, though. That's seems to be just reaching for a quick fix to a tough problem.

I also don't see the lottery helping in the near future. It rarely does. Again, to reiterate, this is going to be a long process.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2014, 03:08:50 AM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
I really don't see sac trading cousins. He's legit probably the best scoring big in the NBA.

Dream scenerio

Rondo
SG
Wiggins/Parker
PF
cousins

The Young Big three.

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2014, 04:40:06 AM »

Offline henr1k

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 58
I am really surprised that some people would trade Rondo, Sullinger + 1st round pick for Cousins, especially if the pick is one of the Nets we have or our won.

It's too much IMO, Cousins is having a good season but he is not a guy you bring and build around unless you have guys like KG or Pierce in the locker room. I know he is still young but do you want him to be your leader? I would be terrified.

I just don't like his temper, his short fuse and the fact that every little thing that happens on the court can throw him off his game.

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2014, 05:32:45 AM »

Offline AidaCelt

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
In a word, no. Cousins is going to be a superstar so it's tempting. Rondo though is a top 3-5 (depending on your opinion) PG when fully recovered. Sully is starting to have a break out year also (although not the same upside as Cousins). And definitely not including our pick (maybe Clips though). If we could get him without giving up EITHER Rondo or Cousins, possibly.
Expectations, Execution, No Excuses

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2014, 07:12:40 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would they would not.

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2014, 07:37:18 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Cousins has really matured, and is actually showing some leadership in Sacramento.  He's got some attitude problems, but his issues are more from being too passionate, rather than from not caring.  I think that's a huge distinction.

Right now, he's the best offensive center in the game, and he's actually playing pretty good defense.  For those who haven't followed him, we're talking about 22.6 points, 11.7 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 1.7 steals and 1.2 blocks, on 49% shooting.  Plus, he's taking and making FTs at a nice clip.

The problem is that if you take Cousins and drop him on to this team with no legit talent, then his frustration is going to build.  He's be a *great* option to pair with Rondo.  Give the guy an elite point guard and some high-quality role-players who can defend and stretch the floor, and I think you'd have a real contender.

The value in the proposal is certainly fair, I just don't know if it's the best situation for DMC.  It depends upon how quickly Danny could get him legit help.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2014, 08:56:42 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Rondo and Sullinger are nice players, but DeMarcus Cousins is the type of transcendent talent we're going to need to go really far.

Of course, that's why Sacramento wouldn't do this deal.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2014, 09:23:20 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Cousins has really matured, and is actually showing some leadership in Sacramento.  He's got some attitude problems, but his issues are more from being too passionate, rather than from not caring.  I think that's a huge distinction.

Right now, he's the best offensive center in the game, and he's actually playing pretty good defense.  For those who haven't followed him, we're talking about 22.6 points, 11.7 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 1.7 steals and 1.2 blocks, on 49% shooting.  Plus, he's taking and making FTs at a nice clip.

The problem is that if you take Cousins and drop him on to this team with no legit talent, then his frustration is going to build.  He's be a *great* option to pair with Rondo.  Give the guy an elite point guard and some high-quality role-players who can defend and stretch the floor, and I think you'd have a real contender.

The value in the proposal is certainly fair, I just don't know if it's the best situation for DMC.  It depends upon how quickly Danny could get him legit help.

I actually like DMC as well. Good player, and tough. Would you trade Green and our 2014 pick for him to get it done?

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2014, 11:32:03 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
31 points, 16 rebounds against us - quite dominant.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2014, 11:58:49 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
31 points, 16 rebounds against us - quite dominant.
was at the game.  he looked no more dominant than Sully tonight.

I could be talked into Sully and a late 1st for Cousins but not Sully, Rondo and our first this year.  way too much.

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2014, 12:01:50 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
So we're basically trading our core to be the East Coast version of the Kings?

Pass.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2014, 12:49:37 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Cousins is good but he ain't that good! No, thanks though. 0.0
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2014, 12:59:37 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Rondo, Sullinger, and a first is definitely too much for Cousins.

Yee-up

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2014, 01:18:25 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Quick no. Rethink. Slower no.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 01:28:53 AM by colincb »