Author Topic: Would you trade Sullinger, Rondo, and a first for DMC?  (Read 15196 times)

Would you trade Sullinger, Rondo, and a first for DMC?
« on: February 04, 2014, 10:26:38 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 For Demarcus Cousins. I'm sure we could get Thomas or Ben Mac if we really wanted.

Let say we could get him with the Clippers pick Rondo and Sully do you make that move.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 01:44:11 PM by IndeedProceed »

Re: Would you trade Sullinger, Rondo, and a first
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 10:28:48 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Rondo, Sullinger, and a first is definitely too much for Cousins.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 10:34:02 PM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Absolutely, and I wouldn't think twice.  Especially if it was the Clippers pick and not our own 2014 first.  I would do that and then figure out a way to land Lowry, who is undervalued.  Possibly via a 3-way deal with Jeff Green.

pg- Lowry
sg- Bradley
sf- 2014 own pick
pf- bass
c- cousins

I like Sullinger but given his athleticism (none), he is about maxed out as a player.

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 10:36:41 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
That's very expensive.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 10:37:50 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Probably but I dont think Danny would do a trade for Cousins without keeping Rondo. Sullinger and OUR lottery first plus like Bogans to make it work I'd do.

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 10:41:12 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
I wouldn't trade our first this year in the deal, but I'd probably do it otherwise. Cousins + a top 5 pick would be a good start to a rebuild.

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 11:01:02 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Too much to give.  A non-starter imo.  If there are other incentives
then a discussion might be had.

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 11:48:50 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I don't think SacTo goes for it--they're hell bent on making it to the postseason, and Rondo in/Cousins out gets them further away from that, not closer.

Which is not to say that, blank slate, I'd rather have Cousins on my team than Rondo.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 12:01:30 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Yes I would do it if it's not our 2014 pick.  I think we missed our chance to get Cousins though.  They may have gone for this trade before this year but I doubt it now.  Cousins is the main piece of their core.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 12:13:48 AM by moiso »

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 12:07:49 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Absolutely a thousand times yes.

Do you guys realize he's having a break-out season right now?

Big men are hard to find, and he's very easily the top offensive center in the game. He also averages 1.7 spg, which means he gets into those passing lanes. At only 23, he's a future franchise player in my eyes.

Sullinger's prime age ceiling is what Cousins is right now, if we're lucky. Whereas Cousins, being the versatile offensive freight train he is, could get to the 25+ ppg range in the future. You aren't going to find many more 270 lb guy with his quickness and physicality.

This is a cornerstone piece. When he puts it together and fixes his fouling issue, he'll be a very, very good player.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 12:28:48 AM »

Offline paidthecost2betheboss

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40

For Demarcus Cousins. I'm sure we could get Thomas or Ben Mac if we really wanted.

Let say we could get him with the Clippers pick Rondo and Sully do you make that move.

This will never ever ever never ever happen.
Is there a sub section for Dreams and Nightmares?

And No.

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2014, 12:47:18 AM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25

Honestly, I would have preferred acquiring Cousins last season while we still had a good chance at competing with Miami and New York in the East. A change of scenery and playing alongside veterans in KG and Pierce, not to mention an organization with a tradition of winning, would have likely boosted Cousins spirits for the better.

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2014, 01:17:07 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I could see why people would want to but I wouldn't.  We'd basically be Cousins and a bunch of table scraps for the next couple of years while we rebuild.  I don't know if he's gonna want to take part in another rebuild. 

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2014, 02:01:06 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
I think we'd be giving up too much. Rondo and the 2014 Clipper 1st rounder sounds fair. Cousins, Sully and a top 5 pick (Wiggins/Parker) looks like a nice team moving forward.
- LilRip

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2014, 02:14:17 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Wow, that's a hard one.

I would love to land Cousins, and I'd give up any and every asset on this team (aside from Rondo and our own 2014 pick) without a second thought. 

Rondo though...that's a tough call. 

Demarcus Cousins and Anthony Davis are going to be the next "elite" bigs - the first ones since Duncan, Shaq and KG.  3 years from now they will competing for the " best Center in the league" title.  I n fact, they basically already are.  The fact that Cousins didn't make the all star game is a joke. 

On the other hand, I think Cousins and Rondo could make the best 1-2 punch since Stockton and Malone, and it would be a shame to have one without the other.

If I could be certain that I could get Exum in the 2014 draft then maybe I'd do it, but you can'tpossibly be sure

Instead I'd give them Green, Bradley, Sully and as many future picks as it takes.

To have Rondo, and Cousins, AND a top 5 pick this year...Danny would have to screw up pretty bad for us to NOT be a contender within 3 years.