Author Topic: Celtics (16-33) at Sixers (15-34) Game #50 2/5/14  (Read 60984 times)

Re: Celtics (16-33) at Sixers (15-34) Game #50 2/5/14
« Reply #255 on: February 05, 2014, 09:59:18 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
If DA trades Bass and Green at deadline we will lose plenty more games for those worried about our "tank" position for the draft
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #256 on: February 05, 2014, 09:59:37 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Is this the first game in history where Rondo and Jeff Green both had good nights?

Pretty sure it's never happened before.

« Reply #257 on: February 05, 2014, 09:59:49 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Rondo c;mon. Walking it up the court, wasting like 10 seconds
We're winning..you run the clock.

against a crappy 76rs team.

Every time he brings it up, almost 10 seconds are gone. Then he has to make it an adventure to get a basket. 

Move the ball around and get easy baskets. It doesn't have to be difficult
yeah, because this team was getting lots of easy baskets until he came back   ::)

why are you defending his bad habits?

I guess Rondo can do no wrong in some peoples eyes.

I don't want to be a downer but we lose tonight against a semi decent team. Rondo needs to play better everything. Starting with not walking up to mid court. At least jog up to there. How lazy can you be? lol

And right on cue, Stevens praises Rondo for pushing the pace in his postgame press conference.

Stevens better get glasses then. 

You tell me. Did Rondo push the pace, especially in the 2nd half? Sometimes he is dribbling way back there with like 12-13 seconds left. Is that easy basketball?  Its stressful for other players when they receive the pass to have to come up with something to get a basket in

Tommy says enough time, push the ball up the court. And of course Rondo does the opposite alot of the time. Why are you letting the defense settle in?

« Reply #258 on: February 05, 2014, 09:59:53 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

Every time he brings it up, almost 10 seconds are gone. Then he has to make it an adventure to get a basket. 

yeah, because this team was getting lots of easy baskets until he came back   ::)

I don't want to be a downer but we lose tonight against a semi decent team. Rondo needs to play better everything. Starting with not walking up to mid court. At least jog up to there. How lazy can you be? lol

And right on cue, Stevens praises Rondo for pushing the pace in his postgame press conference.

Rondo was key in pushing the pace and force feeding green just enough to get him going.

Then he slowed it down in the 4th. I am looking forward to seeing what rondo can do in a month when his stamina is better. Already he is playing better than i thought he would by now.

« Reply #259 on: February 05, 2014, 10:04:45 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Rondo was key in pushing the pace and force feeding green just enough to get him going.

Then he slowed it down in the 4th. I am looking forward to seeing what rondo can do in a month when his stamina is better. Already he is playing better than i thought he would by now.

If its a stamina issue, i can understand. But imo i don't think thats it. He is playing 30 minutes a night now.

Its just a new lazy way he is playing now, starting from last year.

Watch Rondo play 2008-2012 vs 2013 and tonight. He is different. Some people accept it and don't question his ways. Fine i get it. But in the end we will not get anywhere. You can't win a championship playing slo mo basketball. Its not possible

« Reply #260 on: February 05, 2014, 10:12:12 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

If its a stamina issue, i can understand. But imo i don't think thats it. He is playing 30 minutes a night now.

Watch Rondo play 2008-2012 vs 2013 and tonight. He is different. Some people accept it and don't question his ways. Fine i get it. But in the end we will not get anywhere. You can't win a championship playing slo mo basketball. Its not possible

We weren't playing any faster a few years ago than we are now, in fact we probably played at a slower pace. People have been complaining about the Celts slowing the pace down in the 4th quarter since KG and Ray showed up on the team.

Rondo rushes the ball up when there's any transition opportunity. When there isn't he slows things down a little and sets something up in the half court offense. He's been like that for years.

« Reply #261 on: February 05, 2014, 10:14:44 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221

We weren't playing any faster a few years ago than we are now, in fact we probably played at a slower pace. People have been complaining about the Celts slowing the pace down in the 4th quarter since KG and Ray showed up on the team.

Rondo rushes the ball up when there's any transition opportunity. When there isn't he slows things down a little and sets something up in the half court offense. He's been like that for years.

Thank you. When people say pace it doesn't mean run the ball on EVERY play. Some possessions need to be slowed down and he does throw the ball ahead if the situation presents itself. People act like he's the only player or pg that walks the ball up the court sometimes.