Author Topic: Overpayment for Rondo ideas  (Read 5840 times)

Overpayment for Rondo ideas
« on: February 04, 2014, 09:45:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Would you trade Rondo if offered:

Det- Drummond: Kid is playing at 75 percent most of the time still can get you 10-12 points, 12-14 rebounds and 2-3 blocks on avg. Might be only a taste of the playoffs away to be even better. A true modern center with a Big body + strength, quickness and athleticism (rare package)

Okc- Reggie Jackson and Steven Adams: I could see OKC suprising the nba with getting Rondo. Imagine a lineup of Perkins, Ibaka, Durant, Westbrook and Rondo. Perkins and Rondo have won a ring together.  Jackson and Stevens on the other hand can provide a nice start to the rebuilding process for the Celts. You get a nice up and coming pg and center.

Chi- Taj Gibson and Jimmy Butler: Rondo and Thibs know each other. Bulls need a pg. Could be another waste attempt to get far. Rondo would definitely make the bulls better and an x factor for the playoffs.  Butler still needs to be consistent offensively but is a stud defensively. He has great size for a SG, is a horse and can play the whole game without much fuss. Gibson is an underrated pf. Would give us finally some rim protection (6'9, 7'4 wingspan, nice leap) for the next several years

Re: Overpayment for Rondo ideas
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 10:06:21 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
No, no, and no.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 10:10:49 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
The 2nd and 3rd options can't be considered overpayments.

I do really love Drummond.  He reminds me of Shawn Kemp.  I also really like Rondo on his next contract.  It would be very hard to trade him.

The thing to do would be to get me both of them on the same team.  Kemp and Payton again.  If only.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:16:59 PM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 10:14:41 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Det- Drummond: Kid is playing at 75 percent most of the time still can get you 10-12 points, 12-14 rebounds and 2-3 blocks on avg. Might be only a taste of the playoffs away to be even better. A true modern center with a Big body + strength, quickness and athleticism (rare package)

Okc- Reggie Jackson and Steven Adams: I could see OKC suprising the nba with getting Rondo. Imagine a lineup of Perkins, Ibaka, Durant, Westbrook and Rondo. Perkins and Rondo have won a ring together.  Jackson and Stevens on the other hand can provide a nice start to the rebuilding process for the Celts. You get a nice up and coming pg and center.

Chi- Taj Gibson and Jimmy Butler: Rondo and Thibs know each other. Bulls need a pg. Could be another waste attempt to get far. Rondo would definitely make the bulls better and an x factor for the playoffs.  Butler still needs to be consistent offensively but is a stud defensively. He has great size for a SG, is a horse and can play the whole game without much fuss. Gibson is an underrated pf. Would give us finally some rim protection (6'9, 7'4 wingspan, nice leap) for the next several years

I'd be curious about how many other players in their 20s that have been to at least 3 all-star games you'd consider those returns to be overpayment for.

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 10:23:41 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Det- Drummond: Kid is playing at 75 percent most of the time still can get you 10-12 points, 12-14 rebounds and 2-3 blocks on avg.

Just curious, but why is Drummond playing at 75% most of the time? Is he constantly battling injuries?

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 10:45:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Det- Drummond: Kid is playing at 75 percent most of the time still can get you 10-12 points, 12-14 rebounds and 2-3 blocks on avg.

Just curious, but why is Drummond playing at 75% most of the time? Is he constantly battling injuries?

naw. He is still young if you think about it.  This would be his only junior year in college. He could play harder imo. It could be due to lack of maturity or needing to get a taste of the playoffs experience before his game evolves further

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 11:50:37 PM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
You must be kidding right Gibson and butler for rondo? Don't get me wrong Gibson is decent but no way. Adams and Jackson is an overpayment for rondo? Maybe if Westbrook for rondo I would do. Your not going to get rondo on the cheap

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 11:53:04 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
The only way that OKC deal goes through is if Sam Presti has some Marv Albert scandal level dirt on Danny.

And, inferring some of Danny's mores from his CV, I somehow doubt it.

That OKC team would be stupidly good, though. Would just have to figure out who would be the sixth man.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 08:08:58 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
The only way that OKC deal goes through is if Sam Presti has some Marv Albert scandal level dirt on Danny.

And, inferring some of Danny's mores from his CV, I somehow doubt it.

That OKC team would be stupidly good, though. Would just have to figure out who would be the sixth man.

What are jackson and stevens worth then? Jeff Green?

These are nice young players imo

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 08:14:23 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Yes, no and no.

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 08:15:26 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Yes, no, no.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2014, 08:27:00 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Hell yeah

No

No

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2014, 08:27:04 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Yes, no, no
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2014, 10:09:48 AM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17

Yes, no, and no.

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2014, 10:30:16 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Only deal I would take is Detroit's.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6