Author Topic: ESPN analysts think Danny won't trade Rondo now...  (Read 5513 times)

Re: ESPN analysts think Danny won't trade Rondo now...
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2014, 08:55:29 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

Adande's quote seems more in line with reality:

Fact. As with the Lakers and Gasol, there have been far too many Rajon-Rondo-rumor-Danny-Ainge-denial cycles for the Celtics. Please, for everyone involved, bring it to a stop. After he played in 92 playoff games in his first six full seasons in the league, sitting through a rebuild during the prime of his career can't appeal to Rondo. Spending $13 million next year for a player with an 11-point career scoring average and no All-Stars to pass to can't appeal to the Celtics. Give both sides a chance to start anew.

As for building a contender... It wouldn't really shock me if Boston traded our picks, Sullinger, our expiring contracts and Bradley for immediate upgrades.  It's a possibility.  I think it's less of a possibility than Boston cashing in on Rondo and starting fresh.

Because the assists don't count unless the pass is thrown to a player currently on the All Star team.

Again, Rondo gets no respect.  He is a player only good because of others.  I really don't see another player that is treated this way in the league by fans or the media.

As if KG and Pierce were so fantastic the last few years.  Not that I don't respect both guys a ton... but they were limited compared to their careers and you can see what they are now in Brooklyn.

I'm kind of befuddled by the paradox of Rondo being overrated, but also needing to move him soon because he'll swing 5-6 wins just by himself. It's not just here but a concern I've heard expressed on sports radio as well. I would think wanting to move a guy who can impact winning that much for the sake of a few more ping pong balls would be missing the forest through all the trees.

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 09:10:54 PM »

Offline paidthecost2betheboss

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
ESPN analysts think ???

I got lost and confused there and went no further. Was gonna do a funny gif but I gotta pick my teeth or something...

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2014, 09:12:35 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
As others have said, the quotes are "shouldn't" not "won't".  Purely their opinions on whether it's a good idea, not whether it'll happen.

Which I greatly prefer to the fake "rumors" and "sources" approach.  Just tell us it's your opinion.

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2014, 09:34:52 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Good thing ESPN generally doesn't know what they are talking about. The Celtics need to trade Rondo. He's going to be 30 soon. Take what you can get for him and move on.

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2014, 09:42:45 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Good thing ESPN generally doesn't know what they are talking about. The Celtics need to trade Rondo. He's going to be 30 soon. Take what you can get for him and move on.

Right, he'll be 30 in 2 years. Then, just 4-5 more good years left.

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2014, 10:19:08 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Too bad we didn't do that with PP, or refuse to trade for KG or Ray when they were in their 30s.

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2014, 10:25:27 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Danny cant make another mistake letting Truth go
im sure he regrets that

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2014, 10:41:34 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

Lol 27 means he's going to be 30 soon? If the Celtics are still rebuilding by the year he is 30 I think somethings gone wrong or they're just on the cusp of being great again.

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2014, 11:59:06 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
ESPN analysts think ???

I got lost and confused there and went no further. Was gonna do a funny gif but I gotta pick my teeth or something...

TP, lol.

And I'm glad they are saying the Celtics shouldn't trade Rondo, and not a prediction of what Danny will do. Their predictions are always so accurate... like in 2008.

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2014, 12:00:55 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
ESPN analysts think ???

Take a bow.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2014, 09:53:48 AM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Danny cant make another mistake letting Truth go
im sure he regrets that

I'm sure he would make the same move again and again and again.

How was it a mistake? A late seed and early playoff exit was not the goal for this season. Only if that was the goal, could this be viewed as a mistake.