Author Topic: Simple idea: BOS-HOU-DET  (Read 1742 times)

Simple idea: BOS-HOU-DET
« on: February 03, 2014, 01:07:18 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Detroit gets Jeff Green, Greg Smith
Boston gets Omer Asik
Houston gets Josh Smith

BOS: Rondo-Bradley-Wallace-Sully-Asik
HOU: Lin-Harden-Parsons-Smith-Howard
DET: Jennings-KCP-Green-Monroe-Drummond

Re: Simple idea: BOS-HOU-DET
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 01:15:26 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Makes sense all around for me. I think draft picks would have to be added. Houston makes out pretty good with Smith for Asik and Smith. If Houston gave us a future first and maybe we give a future second to Detroit its fair to me all around.

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 01:36:52 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Makes sense all around for me. I think draft picks would have to be added. Houston makes out pretty good with Smith for Asik and Smith. If Houston gave us a future first and maybe we give a future second to Detroit its fair to me all around.
I think the principles of this deal are reasonable.  I agree that some picks would have to be included, particularly to the C's since Green is worth more than Asik (despite the opinions of Green's detractors).  A future Houston 1st would be fine -- unprotected 2017 or 2018 would work.

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 02:42:14 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
TP.  Pretty solid all around idea.

A issue though comes to mind... is Greg Smith the guy who currently holds down the backup C position for the Rockets?  If they trade away Greg Smith and Asik, they will need a backup C for the playoffs.  Are there any FA's they could pursue?  Would buyout candidates be likely to sign there?

A guy like Faverani could fill that role, but it would invalidate the cap balance of the trade and need a player from Houston going to Boston.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 07:21:48 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
A issue though comes to mind... is Greg Smith the guy who currently holds down the backup C position for the Rockets?  If they trade away Greg Smith and Asik, they will need a backup C for the playoffs.  Are there any FA's they could pursue?  Would buyout candidates be likely to sign there?

So far this season, Greg has only played in 11 games and averaged 9 minutes in them. I think more often than not the Rockets have gone small when Howard rests, and Josh (at PF, with Jones or Montiejunas at C) would fit with that scheme.

But that being said, Greg was included to make the money work. I think the trade would still be fair if you included Montiejunas or Brooks.