Author Topic: Cs, bobcats, Pistons trade idea  (Read 2028 times)

Cs, bobcats, Pistons trade idea
« on: February 03, 2014, 11:36:14 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
This trade is centered around the idea that the pistons want to retain Monroe and are willing to give up on the failed josh smith experiment at SF. This is also contingent on the Bobcats really wanted to make noise in the playoffs this year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mqltcyt

Cs get Gordon, Singler and the lesser of the Bobcats 2014 picks (likely portlands 1st)

Pistons get Green and Bogans

Bobcats get Smith

Why it works

Cs, clear $$$, gain a pick and gain a SF who can step into Greens minutes and is productive compared to his relatively cheap deal.

Pistons, they save $$ and gain a true SF to pair with Monroe and Drummond. Bogans might prove more then just a throw is as he will provide vet play off the bench.

Bobcats, create an interesting pairing in Big AL and Smith. They really could use a 3pt shooting SF with this team but may not find one. They clearly get the biggest talent upgrade without giving up much.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Cs, bobcats, Pistons trade idea
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 12:36:06 PM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
If the Celtics want to trade Green they should be able to do better than an extremely late 1st and a bench role player.

If they can't do better than that, they should keep him. His salary next year is probably not going to hinder anything they are trying to do.

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 12:51:53 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Celtics should get the bobcats best pick.

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 01:12:17 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker

Yes but I think they would settle for the lesser. The cap savings and losses this year add significantly to the value of this trade. I don't expect the Cs to actually draft 3 rookies in the upcoming draft but more likely they use the net/atl pick plus the pick in this trade to target a player they want outside the top 10 or to go after a young vet.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 01:13:45 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Yes but I think they would settle for the lesser. The cap savings and losses this year add significantly to the value of this trade. I don't expect the Cs to actually draft 3 rookies in the upcoming draft but more likely they use the net/atl pick plus the pick in this trade to target a player they want outside the top 10 or to go after a young vet.

Getting the best pick would be settling.

This does not remove one of the bad contracts.  Celtics should be getting more for Green then just a salary dump.

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 01:59:59 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker

Getting the best pick would be settling.

This does not remove one of the bad contracts.  Celtics should be getting more for Green then just a salary dump.

I agree Green should not be a salary dump but I think a decent player and a 1st is a good not great return on Green. For me the bigger picture is the fact that the Cs cant move forward with AB signing for around 7 mill and Green getting 9mill. I like the long term prospects of AB a lot better then Greens. So I want to see Green moved and doing it now hurts the teams ability to win this year which helps the team next year. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet