Author Topic: Super Bowl XLVIII  (Read 13742 times)

Re: Super Bowl XLVIII
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2014, 10:44:00 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I feel bad for Manning.  He played well enough to win, really making only one bad play.  However, his legacy will be that he once again couldn't win the big one.

Denver's receivers, defense, and special teams really came up short today.  Seattle, on the other hand, dominated at every position.
Agree completely. Manning may get the brunt of the blame as far as history's concerned because he was their best player, but, and I don't say this often in regards to QBs, his team let him down.

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2014, 10:54:52 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
Mayweather put 10.4 million on the Broncos haha. Maybe Payton is the biggest loser of this game.

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2014, 11:17:55 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Seattle played great, Denver played horribly. I was hoping for a close game.

One of the worst Super Bowls ever.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2014, 11:19:10 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Most boring superbowl I've ever had the pleasure of not watching.  Just terrible. 

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2014, 11:30:35 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I feel bad for Manning.  He played well enough to win, really making only one bad play.  However, his legacy will be that he once again couldn't win the big one.

Denver's receivers, defense, and special teams really came up short today.  Seattle, on the other hand, dominated at every position.
I feel bad for him too. I didn't have a dog in the fight but I was pulling for him.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2014, 11:31:31 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think that pick 6 just highlights the entire game for manning. His line betrayed him, the Seahawks were heads up all game, and the receiver looked a step behind everyone else in opposing colors.

Also, good Lord I would never wanna be a receiver playing the seahawks. They hit so, so hard . And that 6'11 300 lb safety with the Darth Vader shield? Talk about a intimidating presence.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2014, 11:32:50 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I feel bad for him too. I didn't have a dog in the fight but I was pulling for him.

I wasn't pulling for anyone really, but I also feel bad for Manning. No help, not from anywhere.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2014, 11:35:38 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

I wasn't pulling for anyone really, but I also feel bad for Manning. No help, not from anywhere.

Yeah, I don't see how this can really be Manning's fault. He wasn't stellar, but he was under heavy pressure most of the game.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2014, 11:38:05 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479

I kind of agree.  Manning didn't play a particularly bad game, he moved the ball.  It was just a complete breakdown of the rest of the broncos.  Giving up a touchdown on a return.  fumbling a long completion because you let someone poke it out of your hands...not getting any pressure on Wilson the whole game.  Makes you wonder if the broncos were really that good all year or not.

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2014, 11:39:57 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
Remember back in the day when superbowls like this were the norm?  Say what you want about parity, it sure made the superbowl a lot more palatable.

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2014, 11:40:46 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
So pumped manning lost.

He broke anogher record though, actually 2 so congrats to him.

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2014, 11:41:38 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney

He played THREE YEARS at N.C. State and unfortunately our stupid football coach, who is NO longer there, would not let him also play baseball, so he sat out a year and played his SENIOR year ONLY at Wisconsin!!

I did not know that.  I'm not much a college football guy, so most of my memories of Wilson were at the combine and stuff like that.  I guess you never stop learning at good ol' celticsblog.

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2014, 11:42:32 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
I think that pick 6 just highlights the entire game for manning. His line betrayed him, the Seahawks were heads up all game, and the receiver looked a step behind everyone else in opposing colors.

Also, good Lord I would never wanna be a receiver playing the seahawks. They hit so, so hard . And that 6'11 300 lb safety with the Darth Vader shield? Talk about a intimidating presence.

I don't know if it was just me or not, but it looked like you could call interference / holding on the seahawks dbs on just about every throw.  I know maybe they were letting things go a bit in the big game, but it didn't seem really fair.

the one interference call I saw was on Maxwell, he was just laughing.  i think he thought he was even going to get away with that one as well. 

I don't care who won.  seahawks deserved to win based on how poorly denver played, but that certainly wasn't the denver team that played all year.  just odd.

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2014, 12:35:32 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I loved every minute of this game. As I said the entire time, Peyton once again proved he is who we thought he was.

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2014, 04:07:02 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
peyton was horrible, i don't care what the final stats were, most of that came in garbage time. when the game was close he was awful, and looked visibly frightened and rattled.
tom brady faced an even tougher pass rush in 07 against the giants, and while he didn't have a good game, he never gave away easy panic interceptions like manning did today. and we've seen this from manning before in the playoffs, back against the pats/jets/chargers/saints/etc... but he just looked to terrified today, honestly, this game lowered my opinion of manning.
the seahawks were clearly the better team (which i thought going in, the broncos were paper tigers in a weak AFC) , but manning responded very poorly to adversity.
i've never seen an elite player look so frightened before. i cut him some slack in the past because he's rarely had great defenses supporting him, but that look he had on his face today i think is going to stick in my memory for a long time.