Author Topic: Superstar Trade Ideas  (Read 10129 times)

Re: Superstar Trade Ideas
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2014, 03:34:17 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Wade - seems to be the odd man out in Miami.  They need to clear cap space but kinda need Bosh because they haveno other halfdecent bigs. Wade is looking older might be available for the right price.

Love - this is probably the most obvious one

I don't think DMC or LMA are available.  Cousins is lookinglike the bestCenter in the NBA right now arguably, and LMA is having a career year fora teamthat has a legitskit to be a contender.  No incentive to leave our forPortlandto trade him.

Marc Gasol probably available...but I don't see him as a superstar.  All-Star yes, but not Superstar.  I wouldn'ttake him on, injury risk and I don't think he would transform the hopes of the franchise.     

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2014, 04:18:01 AM »

Offline AidaCelt

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
Wade - seems to be the odd man out in Miami.  They need to clear cap space but kinda need Bosh because they haveno other halfdecent bigs. Wade is looking older might be available for the right price.

I don't think DMC or LMA are available.  Cousins is lookinglike the bestCenter in the NBA right now arguably, and LMA is having a career year fora teamthat has a legitskit to be a contender.  No incentive to leave our forPortlandto trade him.

Marc Gasol probably available...but I don't see him as a superstar.  All-Star yes, but not Superstar.  I wouldn'ttake him on, injury risk and I don't think he would transform the hopes of the franchise.     
Gasol may not be a superstar but he is "arguably" the most valuable on your list (see Grizzlies since he has come back from injury)
Expectations, Execution, No Excuses

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2014, 10:23:40 AM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24

Gasol may not be a superstar but he is "arguably" the most valuable on your list (see Grizzlies since he has come back from injury)

I agree, good centers are hard to come by and he is a very good center

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2014, 11:48:32 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Id throw Love and Alridge out there because they are both due large contract extensions and boston has plenty of assets to acquire either one..

Would absolutely love to see Love in Celtics green. The kid hustles every play and puts up monster numbers. Play him at PF or C?  and Who would you trade for him?

Trading for Love would be silly.  First of all he's not available right now which has been reported several times  and almost everyone believes after next year he will be signing with the Lakers. Aldridge is another player who isn't going to sign wiht us.  All indicaitons are that Marc Gasol isn't available either.  They plan to build around him and Conley... 

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2014, 12:31:17 PM »

Offline Gari

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 6
If we have our pick at #4-6, I will definitely trade it for Marc Gasol if he's available. There is no certainty if Exum/Smart will pan out but Gasol is certainly an elite defensive center in the league that can make huge impacts on the team immediately.

If Danny is able to trade Jeff Green for Emeka Okafor for a large expiring contract this year, couple it with Bogan's and Humpries' expiring contract, we may have enough cap space to land another superstar. Carmelo comes to mind as he can opt for free agency this summer. It's not unfamiliar that melo wants pair up with rondo in NY, maybe rondo could persuade him and get him in green instead. With rondo's great passing ability, I can see melo scoring even more bunches as he's gonna get more open looks.

IF(a big if) all of these really happen, we're gonna have a big 3 of Rondo,Melo and Gasol,with a starting lineup of
             Rondo-Bradley-Melo-Sully-Gasol
along with this second unit coming off the bench:
            Pressey-Bayless-Wallace-KO-Vitor

There's no doubt we're gonna be an instant contender with Melo and Sully(perhaps the second coming of K-love?) being our major offensive threat while having a great defensive core of rondo,bradley and gasol.

Sorry I know this is pretty far-fetched but one can dream, right?LOL

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2014, 07:28:25 AM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Superstar Swap...

Rajon Rondo for Deron Williams