Author Topic: Superstar Trade Ideas  (Read 10130 times)

Re: Superstar Trade Ideas
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 12:38:32 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Bosh is a very interesting one.  If Lebron leaves Miami, I wonder if the C's could try to sign and trade for Bosh.  We know Pat Riley likes to bottom out if he isn't at the top, so they could be willing to accomodate a deal that brought a couple future picks along with expiring contracts.  The only trouble would be convincing Bosh that he should come to Boston, but maybe he would want to play with Rondo.

Also, it's clear that he doesn't like being the third wheel of the big three. He might like to go to a place where he has more of an impact. In Miami, the real discussion is almost always about LBJ or Wade.

Right.  And for some reason I feel like he and Rondo would get along really well.  They are both super weird guys.

In a dream scenario, C's get a top three pick, draft Parker or Wiggins.  Then trade Bass (expiring), Green (possibly expiring), and Bogans (non-guaranteed), and two future picks (although no unprotected Nets picks) for Bosh.  Sign Pierce to the MLE, and Bradley to an extension.

Then they have rotation of Rondo/Bradley/Pierce/Bosh/Sully with Parker or Wiggins coming off the bench along with Wallace.  In the East with a newly broken up Heat, that could be a real dangerous team.

Fun, though rather far-fetched idea.

I think Wiggins would be starting on that team.  Pierce would be the sixth man.  I think that's his ideal role at this point.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Re: Gasol
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 01:25:32 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
The "cheapest" one is Marc Gasol.
Memphis gets Bass (expiring), Bogans (non-guaranteed), Atlanta's pick and Faverani.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mbustkw

Cheapest in what way?  Gasol would take a lot more assets than that to pry away.  This is a former defensive player of the year, and arguably the best two way big man in the league. 

Re: Gasol
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 02:19:36 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The "cheapest" one is Marc Gasol.
Memphis gets Bass (expiring), Bogans (non-guaranteed), Atlanta's pick and Faverani.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mbustkw

Cheapest in what way?  Gasol would take a lot more assets than that to pry away.  This is a former defensive player of the year, and arguably the best two way big man in the league.

I think Anthony Davis may already have a legitimate claim to that title, but I do like Marc Gasol as a player.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 03:57:09 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
If our draft pick falls out of the top 3, what about this idea:

Sullinger, our 2014 #4-6 pick, our 2016 pick, Gerald Wallace, and Joel Anthony for Gasol and Prince. 

Celtics next season (with some cap space available to fill out roster):
Rondo/Pressey
Bradley
Green/Prince
Bass/Olynyk
Gasol/Faverani

Not an instant contender, but an instant very good team with still a lot of draft picks coming up in the near future and enough cap space in the summer of 2015 to sign an impact FA if we desire to do so.

I know posters will want to keep Sullinger in a trade for Gasol but that won't be possible.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 04:01:02 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

Sullinger, our 2014 #4-6 pick, our 2016 pick, Gerald Wallace, and Joel Anthony for Gasol and Prince. 

Rondo/Pressey
Bradley
Green/Prince
Bass/Olynyk
Gasol/Faverani

Not an instant contender, but an instant very good team with still a lot of draft picks coming up in the near future and enough cap space in the summer of 2015 to sign an impact FA if we desire to do so.

I know posters will want to keep Sullinger in a trade for Gasol but that won't be possible.

That is overpaying by orders of magnitude.  We could have Love or Melo for that and no other team would dream of offering that much for Gasol and Prince.  Gasol is a great player but he's not worth trading Exum or Marcus Smart for straight up, let alone packaging in a double double machine and another pick.  We would also score maybe 50 points a game

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 04:34:15 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

Rondo/Pressey
Bradley
Green/Prince
Bass/Olynyk
Gasol/Faverani

That is overpaying by orders of magnitude.  We could have Love or Melo for that and no other team would dream of offering that much for Gasol and Prince.  Gasol is a great player but he's not worth trading Exum or Marcus Smart for straight up, let alone packaging in a double double machine and another pick.  We would also score maybe 50 points a game

I'd actually prefer Gasol over Melo or Love, so that may speak to my reasoning here.  Don't forget we'd also be getting rid of Wallace which normally should cost us a 1st round pick alone.

You wouldn't trade Exum or Smart straight up for Gasol?  So I'm curious, do you think that there is say a 50% chance that those players will end up being better than Marc Gasol?
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2014, 04:49:58 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
This one is going to bother certain people on the site, but what about Kyrie?

Let's say the C's end up with the #3 pick, and Cleveland ends up at #8.  Would you trade Rondo and #3 for Kyrie and #8?

For Cleveland, they get another kick at a star, and also can continue to start to win now with Rondo (who could be an interesting partner with Lebron).  Boston gets a guy who has looked like a potential superstar that has been held back by injuries and a horribly run organization, and can still use a later lottery pick.

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2014, 04:53:26 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Rondo/Pressey
Bradley
Green/Prince
Bass/Olynyk
Gasol/Faverani

I'd actually prefer Gasol over Melo or Love, so that may speak to my reasoning here.  Don't forget we'd also be getting rid of Wallace which normally should cost us a 1st round pick alone.

You wouldn't trade Exum or Smart straight up for Gasol?  So I'm curious, do you think that there is say a 50% chance that those players will end up being better than Marc Gasol?

The reasoning is that Gasol is 29 coming off a MCL injury.

I wouldn't trade Exum for Gasol straight up... Neither for Smart...

The reasoning is if we trade for Gasol right now, we won't have the pieces available to contend. I'd rather us go after Love, who is 25, and has plenty of room to grow and develop some defense at least.

Let's say the C's end up with the #3 pick, and Cleveland ends up at #8.  Would you trade Rondo and #3 for Kyrie and #8?

For Cleveland, they get another kick at a star, and also can continue to start to win now with Rondo (who could be an interesting partner with Lebron).  Boston gets a guy who has looked like a potential superstar that has been held back by injuries and a horribly run organization, and can still use a later lottery pick.

Eh, not interested... I think Exum has the best potential out of Smart, and other point guards.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2014, 05:32:20 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Exum might have the most potential, but I think a lot of that comes from the relative lack of game footage most of us have on him.

I like Smart's attitude, but hopefully we're not picking low enough that he's the best player available.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2014, 07:51:08 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170

Rondo/Pressey
Bradley
Green/Prince
Bass/Olynyk
Gasol/Faverani

TP, that's a great trade IMO. The only change I'd made would be trying to include Bass+Fav and keep Sully (and Joel Anthony).

I still think our big trade will be made next season, and there will be some trades before deadline and around the Draft before Ainge gets our new star.

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2014, 08:16:00 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

If Irving can't get his team higher than the 8th pick  then I'd be hesitant to trade the #3 pick for Kyrie and the 8th pick let alone Rondo.

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2014, 09:16:50 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Paul George. hhahahahaha that would be the dream...

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2014, 12:20:20 AM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Paul George. hhahahahaha that would be the dream...

That would be unbelievable. I love Paul George. Such a great young talent

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2014, 02:26:18 AM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things
i think we try and snag demarcus cousins. so far we know DA wants cap space. i'm speculating he wants to try and snag a RFA from another team Cousins, Sanders, Monroe, Stephenson and not to mention stars like melo, or possible ETO's. i want cousins his potential is through the roof and he is already a solid talent. wouldnt mind sanders to pair with sully but i think sully goes well with both. trade everyone and anyone but sully, rondo. theyre our future
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2014, 03:23:29 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I would like one or two of the following in order of preference.

1)Durant
2)Gasol
3)Bosh
4)George
5)Carmelo
6)Aldridge

Most realistic are probably Bosh, Carmelo and maybe Gasol.

Would give up our pick if it's between 6-10 for any of them.
Wouldn't touch Irving, don't want anything to do with Love- the Lakers can have him. I want killers and Love ain't no killer.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.