Author Topic: Superstar Trade Ideas  (Read 10137 times)

Superstar Trade Ideas
« on: January 30, 2014, 10:20:35 AM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
If Danny pulls off another magical trade like he did for KG, who do you think it would be for? Aka which superstar could realistically end up wearing Green next season? and who would we have to give up. Open to all ideas! Even trading Rondo :-X

Re: Superstar Trade Ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 10:29:48 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
Id throw Love and Alridge out there because they are both due large contract extensions and boston has plenty of assets to acquire either one..

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 10:31:52 AM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Id throw Love and Alridge out there because they are both due large contract extensions and boston has plenty of assets to acquire either one..

Would absolutely love to see Love in Celtics green. The kid hustles every play and puts up monster numbers. Play him at PF or C?  and Who would you trade for him?

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 10:36:56 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Love is the most likely superstar to be available, but I would really hesitate to trade for him, since I think it is very likely he goes to LA in 2015 as a free agent. 

Marc Gasol is a darkhorse.  He expires in 2015 as well, and Memphis could look to get something from him before he walks. 

Carmelo is a possibility as has been mentioned.

Demarcus Cousins is always an outburst away from being traded.

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 10:41:30 AM »

Offline ddb

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
that's a tough call because looking across the league right now there really isn't a KG-caliber 2-way guy on a bad team that's potentially available in a trade.  The closest thing to it would be Kevin Love.  I could see Minny looking to deal him if they miss the playoffs. 
LMA's situation is sorta the opposite of KG.  Minny was faltering as KG was getting older.  Portland has a rising star and is getting better around LMA.  I think he ends up signing an extension.  But he's great.  I love LMA.

Melo could be moved or leave via Free agency.

LeBron could enter into free agency if Miami losses. 

Bosh, etc

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 10:50:35 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

These two and I add Melo to that list as well.

Unfortunately don't think any of them will be wearing Green but I think they're most likely to move.

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 10:56:08 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
Bosh is a very interesting one.  If Lebron leaves Miami, I wonder if the C's could try to sign and trade for Bosh.  We know Pat Riley likes to bottom out if he isn't at the top, so they could be willing to accomodate a deal that brought a couple future picks along with expiring contracts.  The only trouble would be convincing Bosh that he should come to Boston, but maybe he would want to play with Rondo.

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 11:00:21 AM »

Offline Enzzo

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
Bosh is a very interesting one.  If Lebron leaves Miami, I wonder if the C's could try to sign and trade for Bosh.  We know Pat Riley likes to bottom out if he isn't at the top, so they could be willing to accomodate a deal that brought a couple future picks along with expiring contracts.  The only trouble would be convincing Bosh that he should come to Boston, but maybe he would want to play with Rondo.

Also, it's clear that he doesn't like being the third wheel of the big three. He might like to go to a place where he has more of an impact. In Miami, the real discussion is almost always about LBJ or Wade.

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 11:04:28 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

Also, it's clear that he doesn't like being the third wheel of the big three. He might like to go to a place where he has more of an impact. In Miami, the real discussion is almost always about LBJ or Wade.

Right.  And for some reason I feel like he and Rondo would get along really well.  They are both super weird guys.

In a dream scenario, C's get a top three pick, draft Parker or Wiggins.  Then trade Bass (expiring), Green (possibly expiring), and Bogans (non-guaranteed), and two future picks (although no unprotected Nets picks) for Bosh.  Sign Pierce to the MLE, and Bradley to an extension.

Then they have rotation of Rondo/Bradley/Pierce/Bosh/Sully with Parker or Wiggins coming off the bench along with Wallace.  In the East with a newly broken up Heat, that could be a real dangerous team. 

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 11:08:22 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I don't think Bosh goes anywhere, and I'm 98% positive that LMA is staying in Oregon.

Most likely to change teams are probably Love or 'Melo. Love because he's probably not good enough to be the first banana on a playoff team and Anthony because A'mare's contract is crippling the Knicks' ability to build a team around him.

That said, if the Heatles do break up, I've got no problem with Ainge going in on Bosh to form the Boshric Ron(d)o Band.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Gasol
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 11:23:00 AM »

Offline franksessantanove

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 0
The "cheapest" one is Marc Gasol.
Memphis gets Bass (expiring), Bogans (non-guaranteed), Atlanta's pick and Faverani.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mbustkw

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 11:27:11 AM »

Offline Enzzo

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16

Right.  And for some reason I feel like he and Rondo would get along really well.  They are both super weird guys.

In a dream scenario, C's get a top three pick, draft Parker or Wiggins.  Then trade Bass (expiring), Green (possibly expiring), and Bogans (non-guaranteed), and two future picks (although no unprotected Nets picks) for Bosh.  Sign Pierce to the MLE, and Bradley to an extension.

Then they have rotation of Rondo/Bradley/Pierce/Bosh/Sully with Parker or Wiggins coming off the bench along with Wallace.  In the East with a newly broken up Heat, that could be a real dangerous team.

My god... that sounds awesome. It's a stretch but man, they would be a serious threat.

Re: Gasol
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 11:36:45 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
The "cheapest" one is Marc Gasol.
Memphis gets Bass (expiring), Bogans (non-guaranteed), Atlanta's pick and Faverani.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mbustkw

I'm sorry, but that is absolutely impossible... Why would they do it? They'd ask for Sullinger/KO/Green and 2-3 draft picks at least..

The Grizzlies intend to build around Gasol unless they get blown away by an offer..

If you want Gasol, you're going to have to offer a top pick for him.

Either way, I've been an huge advocate for Love.

We can bring in Love, but only if he agrees to sign an extension. I don't care what people say, but Love is a top 20 player... If you can get the top 3 PF in the league, and a bonafide superstar, then you pull the trigger. I'm just not sure we can get Love to agree to an extension, because we're actually on the lower end of tanking. Unless we trade for him next year?

Maybe next year when we trade for Love, we'll have an better idea of where we are, and what we need.

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 11:40:46 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
If we trade for Love, you mean?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 12:22:38 PM »

Offline ab9515

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
Durant, after the 2015 season.  But, that is ONLY if he does not commit to long term in OKC.  No way Presti can let him walk for nothing, 10% chance, but Ainge's (and everyone else's) dream scenario.