Author Topic: CM PUNK Leaves WWE  (Read 3665 times)

CM PUNK Leaves WWE
« on: January 30, 2014, 12:02:25 AM »

Offline bostonsportsfan

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 9
WOW

Shocking news that's going to cause a major blow to the company but when you sit back and think about it you shouldn't be all that surprised.

Lets take a look back at last years Royal Rumble after 434 days of being on the road every day raw smackdown pay per views house shows putting your heart and sole on the line here comes the rock whose not putting in the same work and gets booked to win the title from him

If Cm Punk was originally planned to have won the Royal Rumble but it got changed to another part timer Batista when him and so many others have earned Main event at WrestleMania spotlight you cant blame him for being upset.

This is gonna be a big time loss one of the most popular people in the company major merchandise mover This leaves Daniel Bryan as the clear cut #1 crowd favorite Cena is the closest but he gets too much mix reaction to be anywhere close to Daniel Bryans League.  What the heck does Vince do now? Will this hurt Mania buyrates What about the WWE Network?

Re: CM PUNK Leaves WWE
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 12:26:11 AM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
As a huge fan of the Straight Edge Superstar I have to say I was shocked and really sad when I heard the news this morning.  It's going to be interesting to see how it affects the WWE.  Between now and WrestleMania it won't have too much effect as they have the part timers around with more (Spoiler Alert!!!  hogan, Sting, Taker) coming.  It's after that when they will feel the effects. 
As of now Sheamus has replaced him at the house shows.  I like Sheamus enough but he's not close to Punk. 

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 12:27:30 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Is this real-real or is this wrestling-real?

Are you sure?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 12:29:16 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Is this real-real or is this wrestling-real?

Are you sure?

This is a scripted affair if you ask me.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 12:40:16 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Dude just taking a vacation

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 01:15:36 AM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
It is real life.  The WWE had to change their plans for WrestleMania and everything in between. The advertised him for SmackDown this week but he was not there.  The WWE never does that and have offered refunds in the past when Cena was advertised (and others I believe) and could not show.   

His contract runs out in July and there was a lot of speculation that he was going to call it quits then.  Now, I am not saying he won't be back.   It's Wrestling, no one ever really retires.  But as of right now, he's done. 

Hopefully after a couple of months off(and when the part timers go away) he gets really healthy and gets the itch to come back but he really hates the way the WWE is run and nothing changes since the last time he almost quit (they made him a Godfather offer so he stayed). 

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 02:09:46 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Part of me thinks its a work. I mean, the last Summer of Punk, he managed to stay until his contract is up before he said he was done. He's rumored to be involved in a high profile Mania match with HHH. He could have just easily waited till that is over, cash in and leave.

Also, what better way to hate the biggest heel in the company than making an angle that looks like a management blunder. The IWC is riled up. But chances are they'll be tuning in every Monday night as they find a clearer explanation of the situation. If this is a work, it is absolutely brilliant.

But if its real, I can't blame him. I mean you work hard, your friends too, so you can be that headliner in the biggest show of the year. Only the get pushed aside to give way for part timers. I think the Rumble crowd reaction to Batista winning just made it easier for Punk to leave.

Work or shoot, this is very interesting.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 02:18:01 AM by Yoki_IsTheName »
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace