Author Topic: Working out a deal with PHX  (Read 8588 times)

Re: Working out a deal with PHX
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2014, 05:53:01 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
The more I think about it, there is basically ZERO chance that the Suns give up okafur and a 1st rounder for Green.

Marcus Morris has the same production and is 1.5 million.
They'd hesitate to give up Okafur alone. If Danny was really hard they may give up a second rounder if they really want him.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2014, 06:30:12 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I am not at all opposed to moving Green.

I am totally opposed to giving him away, which is what is proposed in the front page article.

There have been some really bad trade ideas on this blog in the past, as there are on most NBA blogs.

This one is one of the worst.

What do you imagine the Celtics can get for Green? His trade value is overrated by most CelticsBloggers, as is Bass'.

If you don't believe in trading him for low value, that's understandable. I just see 1001 trade idea threads coming here between now and end of Feb where we get an expiring and a lottery pick from teams that don't have LeBron at SF.... and that is not happening. 

If the Cs get anything more than a Courtney Lee type deal for Green, I'd be surprised and pleased.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 07:19:43 AM by ssspence »
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2014, 08:32:24 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Okafor for Green sounds like a great deal for all parties. Green gets to go on a playoff team and contribute. Okafor gets to collect his money. C's can bolster their lottery chances and their salary cap situation for next year. Suns shore up their SF slot.

I would throw in any other player not named Rondo or Sully that the Suns would find useful to acquire a 1st rd late lottery pick (do they have the Wolves pick? Wolves are more likely to end up in the lottery rather than the Wiz).

Wolves pick is protected 1-13... so if they are the last team out of the playoffs, it goes to the Suns.  Otherwise, it doesn't.

I think you're selling Green short to dump him for salary relief.

then i'll take the Wiz pick i suppose. I think that'll net us something in the 16-20 range. anyway, i don't think i'm selling Green short. lets be honest here, Green is not about to net us a player like Monroe (a name which has often been thrown around).

Think about this: Jeff Green, Nenad Krstic and a Clipper 2012 pick (who ended up being Fab Melo, i know, but it could've been PJ3 or something) netted for the Thunder Kendrick Perkins (coming off injury, and on his last 'productive' year) and Nate Robinson.

Basing off this, if we shuffle things around and take away the Clipper pick and Nenad Krstic, maybe Green would've netted for the Thunder our first round pick at #21 (Jared Sullinger) and Nate Robinson, a package which is roughly equivalent to the Okafor plus 16-20 ranged pick (Note: Nate played only 4 games in a Thunder uniform), give or take a few bench players to make it work.

- LilRip