Author Topic: Celtics (15-31) at Knicks (17-27) Game #47 1/28/14  (Read 33565 times)

Re: Celtics (15-31) at Knicks (17-27) Game #47 1/28/14
« Reply #165 on: January 28, 2014, 10:37:16 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
The basketball is getting pretty ruff right now......have faith....part of the process.....even the Fakers aren't completely immune to at least a partial rebuilt with all the new rules.

We will rise from the ashes once again   ;D

yep
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #166 on: January 28, 2014, 10:37:57 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
No one cared tonight.  They didn't even try.

Wallace was the only one...It seems like since Rondo came back Wallace has cared more.

They are tied together ......if Rondo  goes.....Wallace likely leaves with him.....I'm sure they know this

« Reply #167 on: January 28, 2014, 10:52:22 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
tank you very much, now we are getting somewhere.

Lets trade Rondo for Asik and some picks. Do the numbers work?

« Reply #168 on: January 28, 2014, 11:07:26 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
one top pick alone isnt enough to turn this around.

nope, that is correct. If and that is a BIG IF rondo can regain old form and maybe even improve his scoring and IF sully pans out we still need two ALL-stars to go with them plus solid role players who can contribute in certain roles.

Do you REALLY doubt that Rondo will regain his old form??  You do realize that after 1.5 YEARS and 10 games, Derrick Rose was shooting 35.4% from the field??  Please be patient.  Rondo WILL be back.  It takes time to get your shot back after being out a year.  Rondo has had 6 less months to recover than Rose did.  It will take time, BUT I predict that not only will Rondo be back, but he will be EVEN BETTER.  I am SICK of all these negative Nancy's acting like Rondo is finished.  It makes me want to puke!!!

Smitty77

If you have paid attention to all knee injuries in ALL PRO SPORTS have they all REGAINED THEIR OLD FORM??????????  Should we just assume he will?

Could you please provide a list of recent NBA players that have not effectively come back from a partially torn ACL?

Thanks,

Smitty77

« Reply #169 on: January 28, 2014, 11:15:34 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

nope, that is correct. If and that is a BIG IF rondo can regain old form and maybe even improve his scoring and IF sully pans out we still need two ALL-stars to go with them plus solid role players who can contribute in certain roles.

Do you REALLY doubt that Rondo will regain his old form??  You do realize that after 1.5 YEARS and 10 games, Derrick Rose was shooting 35.4% from the field??  Please be patient.  Rondo WILL be back.  It takes time to get your shot back after being out a year.  Rondo has had 6 less months to recover than Rose did.  It will take time, BUT I predict that not only will Rondo be back, but he will be EVEN BETTER.  I am SICK of all these negative Nancy's acting like Rondo is finished.  It makes me want to puke!!!

Smitty77

If you have paid attention to all knee injuries in ALL PRO SPORTS have they all REGAINED THEIR OLD FORM??????????  Should we just assume he will?

Could you please provide a list of recent NBA players that have not effectively come back from a partially torn ACL?

Thanks,

Smitty77

Great job answering my question!  ::)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #170 on: January 28, 2014, 11:28:56 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
chris johnson is amazing.

Danny needs to sign him to a 2 or 3 year deal never mind for the rest of the year

He can nail the open three almost every time. That is a valuable skill for a team to use

What happens when they start guarding Chris Johnson? Remember when we thought Brandon Hunter should have been extended to a max player because he was a 20 10 MACHINE for two weeks back around 06?
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #171 on: January 29, 2014, 01:30:30 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Rondo couldn't be much worse over his first 6 games.  I thought he said he wouldn't return until he was 100%.  If this is him 100%, we should be concerned.

« Reply #172 on: January 29, 2014, 02:31:44 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
Rondo couldn't be much worse over his first 6 games.  I thought he said he wouldn't return until he was 100%.  If this is him 100%, we should be concerned.

Well, unless Rondo is the rare player whose athleticism doesn't return after ACL surgery, I would be worried but he does appear quicker from the first game even if his numbers haven't improved correspondingly.  Regardless, because he's not a Chris Paul type who can both score and pass at an elite level and thus elevate a team of role players to a record well above their talent, he's going to need better shot makers than the ones currently surrounding him.

« Reply #173 on: January 29, 2014, 09:55:29 AM »

Offline Enzzo

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16

He also said he wouldn't return until he was 100% ready to return. If you think he's going to go back to his old self in 6 games you're either kidding yourself or you're just setting him up to fail in your head.

Lets talk about being concerned if he's playing like this after all star break into next season. He almost put up a triple double in his 5th game back, it's not as bad as you're playing it out to be...

« Reply #174 on: January 29, 2014, 10:00:08 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Smitty77

Thanks,

Smitty77

Great job answering my question!  ::)

Ricky Rubio. Arguably Iman Shumpert. Michael Redd. Baron Davis. Arguably Chauncey Billups.

edit: that was to Smitty's question.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 10:27:15 AM by D.o.s. »
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #175 on: January 29, 2014, 10:06:50 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Yeah ...it's worrisome. ......and deflating to watch ....makes you wonder if he really will stick around.

But Kobe and Rose didn't look too swift either after their long layoffs

I don't think he is ready to led a contender this year ......so a trade won't really help many teams overcome the Heat  by getting Rondo this year . 

If Danny can snag another top 10 pick for Rondo  and take one of the top  guards draft  ON DRAFT night .....maybe he should ,  just clear the board .  Plus we are probably getting top 12 picks for another 1-2 years or more anyway .....so a another nice guard  or 3 prospects might be had .

At the moment Rondo is not looking like MAX contract money .....LOL

« Reply #176 on: January 29, 2014, 04:30:02 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
This is just getting ugly and old. what is the sense of bickering back and forth about what we're not doing right when most of the Celtics problems have been getting the ball through the hole.  it's downright embarrassing that this team has become so lax that they have forgotten how to shoot!!!

Brad Stevens is running out of two things, excuses and patience. Brad might be Mr. calm and collected but I don't see it going much further before he blows his lid.