Author Topic: Bogus Rondo-Rubio rumor  (Read 3552 times)

Bogus Rondo-Rubio rumor
« on: January 27, 2014, 12:55:04 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Crap article with nothing but long shot speculation

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/535965/20140127/nba-trade-news-rajon-rondo-ricky-rubio.htm#.Uuab57Qo6Uk

I only bring this up because it got me thinking. If T-Wolves refuse to trade Love and make a big push to keep him happy do they sell the farm to try to get Rondo? The T-Wolves keep their 2014 pick if its inside the top 13. If they finish at 12 or 13 do the Cs entertain the idea of a #12 pick, Rubio, Barrea, and future 1st for Rondo?

I would say no but Rubio is a big time buy low guy. He is shooting historically bad but is only 23 and has loads of talent. 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 01:19:43 PM by Jeff »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Bogas Rondo-Rubio rumor
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 01:06:21 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
only deal with Minny I'd make with Rondo would require Love coming back to us so it'd be pointless to deal with them.

they don't have anyone else that would make it worth it

Re: Bogas Rondo-Rubio rumor
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 01:18:52 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
only deal with Minny I'd make with Rondo would require Love coming back to us so it'd be pointless to deal with them.

they don't have anyone else that would make it worth it

Same here but then it would be pointless for both teams. Rondo and Love would be best together so either team trading for the other wouldnt make much sense.

Re: Bogus Rondo-Rubio rumor
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 01:27:50 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Rondo to the Lakers for Nash and Blake(expiring) and Lakers pick(5-10 range)

or

Rondo for Drummond

or

Rondo for Monroe going to a 3rd team and expiring and high draft pick or prospect from 3rd team coming back to the C's

other than getting a Lebron or Durant, those are the only types of deals I would do for Rondo.

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 01:38:17 PM »

Offline Enzzo

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
Does this article have any real evidence? Or is the author just saying, "Hey these two teams could trade their PG's to each other."

I'm actually a huge fan of Rubio, but (healthy) Rondo is clearly the better player. If we get anything from twolves, hopefully, it'll be Love.

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 02:29:20 PM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17

or

Rondo for Drummond

or

Rondo for Monroe going to a 3rd team and expiring and high draft pick or prospect from 3rd team coming back to the C's

other than getting a Lebron or Durant, those are the only types of deals I would do for Rondo.

The Lakers deal would have to be done on draft night with them making the pick or we'd have to give them a 2014 or 2015 in the deal to abide by the Stepien Rule since they've already dealt their 2015.

So do it on draft night, you would know exactly what the pick is. Also, you wouldn't have to take back Nash's contract. The Lakers have so many expirings, they'll be far enough under the cap to take on Rondo without sending back salary.

If it's the 5th or 6th pick and Rondo rejects an offseason extension offer and we don't have to take on Nash's contract for 9.7M (even though it's only for one year, I would make the deal. This should give us enough cap space, we could perhaps sign Lowry to fill the point.

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 02:35:41 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Rubio makes Rondo look like Ray Allen on the offensive end of the floor.  He is a nice passer and has been getting into passing lanes a lot this year (leading the league in both total steals and SPG), but he is severely limited offensively.  That said, a trade of Rubio, a 2014 1st, and other assets wouldn't be a bad trade for Boston.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 02:37:38 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
The IBtimes is the new leader for bullcrap rumors. We need to stop posting these.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 02:43:03 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
The IBtimes is the new leader for bullcrap rumors. We need to stop posting these.

I agree thats why I made sure to preface it with Bogus rumor. I only posted it because it did take a different angle at the Rondo speculation.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 04:22:51 PM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30

or

Rondo for Drummond

or

The Pistons are not going to trade Drummond, he's their franchise right now, they are choosing him over Monroe as they should and wouldn't trade him for anything less than a much better player in return.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 04:25:16 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Imagine if there were somehow a filter for trade rumor posts with these awful sources?  That would be fantastic.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 04:59:08 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

or

Rondo for Drummond

or

The Pistons are not going to trade Drummond, he's their franchise right now, they are choosing him over Monroe as they should and wouldn't trade him for anything less than a much better player in return.

That's too bad, because that is the only deal of the three that I would even come close to doing. I have no interest in dealing Rondo for someone we hope can one day become as good as him. A pick in the 5-10 range with no other prime assets coming back would be horrible for the Cs.

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 05:28:17 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

or

Rondo for Drummond

or

I still don't see Drummond as anyone's franchise player right now. His offensive game isn't really developed at all.