Author Topic: WORST moments as a fan  (Read 12662 times)

Re: WORST moments as a fan
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2014, 03:27:28 PM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
1. Magic's baby hook in 87.. the worst part is they show it all the time in highlight reels...arrggghhhh.

2. Len Bias death... this would probably have been number 1 but I really didnt know his game.

3. Reggie Lewis death...  I at least got to see him play and really the only reason I ranked this as 3 instead of a tie at  two is Bias was suppose to be a once in a lifetime player.

4. Duncan Lottery loss... if ever there was a player who should have been a Celtic it was Timmy D.

5. KG and PP being traded...while I know long run this helps the C's it still hurts to see these guys elsewhere, especially when all there is to root for these days is another loss.

6. McHale getting hurt in I think it was 86. He still finished out the year but the latter half he was not as good and I honestly thought the first half of that season he may have been the best player in the game.

7. Being too young to see first hand the genius of Bill Russell. I saw Bird but Russ was a little before I was born. Winning is the bottom line in sports and he did it better then anyone ever!

8. Bill Walton getting hurt and retiring after the 86 championship. This guy was great that year and such a pleasure to watch.

9. Having to watch this season. Sure it's nice to root for developing players but darn it I want to win!

10. Last but not least... it would have been nice to have Larry Legend in the Celtics management. 

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2014, 03:36:30 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Game 7 in 2010
Game 6 when Perkins Tore his ACL
KG Injury in Utah while I was out on a date with my wife(then not even GF just starting to date) at a bar.
Rondo Elbow dislocation
Rondo ACL tear
Pierce grabbing his knee in the Finals, I thought the miracle season was going to come undone in the Finals
C's couldn't steal a single game against the Pacers not even with Artest suspended I wanted a badly game for some reason.

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2014, 03:36:41 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

The worst/best , Marty Conlon on that great tanking team of 96

I saw the guy fall flat on his face just jogging up the court, wish I could find a clip of that  :D

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2014, 03:39:42 PM »

Offline oldmanspeaks

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 70
Worst moment was Magic's hook as it was unexpected but somehow you knew it was going in and there was nothing anybody could do to stop. It seemed to go on forever.

Worst event was the Bias death because of his unlimited potential for keeping the Celtics at the top for a long time. To see that kind of potential wasted by an incredibly stupid decision (which by all accounts was a one time thing)is simply mind numbing. I kept thinking why wasn't there anyone there simply saying "stop, think what you are doing!!!!". 

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2014, 03:57:21 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

The worst/best , Marty Conlon on that great tanking team of 96

I saw the guy fall flat on his face just jogging up the court, wish I could find a clip of that  :D

Look at those laces, it's no wonder. 

For me, it was Reggie Lewis' death, and then the awful feeling after Pierce's stabbing that it was happening again.  Game 7 in 2010 was rough but that whole playoff run was found money and I was on a tropical island at the time so I got over it fast. 

Pierce's knee "injury" in 2008 was a huge stomach punch though it didn't last long.  KG's knee was the opposite - didn't think it was too bad until his aborted comeback, and then the slow sinking of waiting for him to return in the playoffs.

And, it's an unusual one, but the 1995 playoffs.  It was the last year at the Boston Garden and the Celtics were an 8 seed against the Shaq-Penny Magic.  They stole Game 2 in Orlando and young me was just certain that the "Garden Magic" was going to lead them to win Games 3+4 and take the series.  I was very depressed when they lost both.

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2014, 04:01:41 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Rick Pitino getting into the HOF. 

Knowing he made money off of

was he ever even in business?

Perkins injury

Perkins trade

When Montross' stats declined his second year and I was just like "decline?"

Jerome Moiso

Ron Mercer

Kedrick Brown

Joseph Forte

Gerald Green

Boston Garden coming down then the new place getting horrid names. The Fleet Center?

It becoming obvious that Sheed was just there to get a check, was a cancer, and was infecting the team

Powe's career ending too soon

Doc trying to insult our intelligence.

Ray Allen leaving for less money and telling all sorts of stories.

Seeing PP and KG in Brooklyn hell playing for a non coach
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 04:16:54 PM by eja117 »

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2014, 04:27:30 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
1. Any time - including last night - when the quality of basket5ball defiles the tradition of the Celtic green and white uniforms.

2. Watching Gerald Green's brain-dead style of basketball defile the Celtic uniform.

3. Watching Paddy O'Blount's apathetic style of basketball defile the Celtic uniform.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2014, 04:33:48 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Watching Birds last game and seeing KG get his knee injury.

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2014, 07:25:03 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN4FgHajfTg

another one
That one was hard for me. It was the first time my home team and 2nd favorite NBA team won a playoff series.  They did it to my favorite team however and that was the problem.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2014, 07:26:21 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
To me it's Perk's game 6 injury.

We had it, we really had it...  :'(
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2014, 07:28:45 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Knowing the Celts have never moved up in a draft lottery and have only moved down

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2014, 07:38:08 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Reggie Lewis and Len Bias's death

Larry Bird hurts his back.

Larry Bird retires.

Kevin McHale breaking a bone in his foot and never being the same.

Game 6-7  2010 NBA Finals

Game 6 2012 Eastern Conference Finals. I had a hard time seeing them winning game 7 after Lebron destroyed us at home like that.

Trading Paul Pierce

Ray Allen leaving and going to the Heat. I've always been a big Ray Allen fan even before he came to Boston. Him going to the Heat hurt.

The death of the real Boston Garden and the cutting up and selling of the original parquet floor. Even if I have a part of it.

The death of Red Aurbach.

Not getting Tim Duncan.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2014, 07:56:58 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Speaking of That Magic Johnson Hook Shot in 1987...
If the league had replay back then---Johnson would have never taken that shot...Just before, Kareem missed the 2nd of 2 free throws---while trying for the rebound (and going STRAIGHT UP),the ball is called off McHale--and given back to the Lakers---Replay showed that Mychal Thompson went over McHale's back--to swat it out of bounds...typical NBA refs....Should have been an OT game at worst.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2014, 08:47:53 PM »

Kiorrik

Game 7 in 2010
Game 6 when Perkins Tore his ACL
KG Injury in Utah while I was out on a date with my wife(then not even GF just starting to date) at a bar.
Rondo Elbow dislocation
Rondo ACL tear
Pierce grabbing his knee in the Finals, I thought the miracle season was going to come undone in the Finals
I have nothing to add to this, it is my list.

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2014, 08:54:02 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Not around/too young for the early 90's so I can't really use Bias/Bird retiring early/Lewis death. Mine are:

1. Losing out on Duncan

2. Trading Billups/Johnson too early.

3. Having to watch Raef Lafraentz/Jiri Welsch/Sebastian Telfair/Ricky Davis wear Celtics jerseys.

4. KG hurting his knee on that attempted alley hoop vs Utah. That play is seared into my brain. Legitimately derailed back-to-back title hopes.

5. Perk's ACL injury in Game 6 of the 2010 finals.

6. Running out of gas and blowing the lead to the Lakers in Game 7 of 2010 finals.

7. Trading Pierce (even though I knew it had to happen. It still hurts either way).