Author Topic: Sully and KO  (Read 12026 times)

Sully and KO
« on: January 27, 2014, 07:32:27 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
Im going to be critical but wow both look really out of shape... They both have trouble getting off the ground, have absolutely no lean muscle, and are slow as molasses..

Its like Big Baby x2 with out the motor

Re: Sully and KO
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 08:36:40 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

The think I'm most worried about, actually, is how poorly both are shooting. Both should be, if nothing else, excellent shooters who know how to pick their spot.

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 08:46:11 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Im going to be critical but wow both look really out of shape... They both have trouble getting off the ground, have absolutely no lean muscle, and are slow as molasses..

They are not poster boys of fitness...that's for sure.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 08:50:08 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Both need to live at the gym in the offseason. Got to give sully a way out for this year as he cameback from a major injury.

Ko the same, coming from college.

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 09:15:44 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
ko needs to add muscle tone, then  with his soft touch could turn out pretty good
sully needs that girth for low post, i'm fine with his "fitness"
sidenote: davis always seemed to be fleet footed compared to other bigs because he's 6'5" or so and 300 lbs!!

after last game everyone needs to shoot better!  can't think of a game with worst shooting for both teams than the nets one

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 09:48:43 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Both need to live at the gym in the offseason. Got to give sully a way out for this year as he cameback from a major injury.

KO also had plantar fasciitis through the summer and into the fall, though that really shouldn't have affected his upper body workouts. He seems like something of a happy-go-lucky guy who was flitting about this summer when he should have been in the gym with Doo.

I can almost see them sending him to Portland for a week now, since he almost seems to be sliding backward in his development.

I still think he has more long-term potential than Sully if he has the drive to develop it.

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 09:58:11 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
How do you guys feel about them taking up steroids and/or HGH?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 12:28:18 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2715
Sullinger has not been at 100 percent once this year. He came back from back surgery and has since been battling hand and wrist injuries. KO started off really well but then lost all confidence and now looks hesitant at everything. He's a rookie though. Both will be fine IMO. Still , for Sullingers back, and KOs plantar fasciitis, losing weight is essential.

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 01:20:21 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Sully not looking like Sully lately.  I assume he'll go back to being Sully-like at some pont.

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 01:50:40 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Fitness is a concern with these two young fellas. They will need this offseason to get ready for next year because it will be critical for both of them to improve A LOT and make this rebuilding process easier for the Celtics.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 01:50:53 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I was thinking about this in the game last night after looking at both Sully and KO. They have access to the best trainers and nutritionists in the world, and are world class NBA athletes....How can their bodies not be more in shape?

It doesn't make sense to me.

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 01:52:35 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I was thinking about this in the game last night after looking at both Sully and KO. They have access to the best trainers and nutritionists in the world, and are world class NBA athletes....How can their bodies not be more in shape?

It doesn't make sense to me.

Injuries will do a serious number on your conditioning--remember that photo of John Wall that circulated over the summer?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 01:58:42 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

KO also had plantar fasciitis through the summer and into the fall, though that really shouldn't have affected his upper body workouts. He seems like something of a happy-go-lucky guy who was flitting about this summer when he should have been in the gym with Doo.

I can almost see them sending him to Portland for a week now, since he almost seems to be sliding backward in his development.

I still think he has more long-term potential than Sully if he has the drive to develop it.

He was playing in the SL. Then did some things for team canada , was injured then exhibition games. He had little to no time to get into a program to gain

Its hard for any rookies. I dont expect him to have the body next year either. Just at least progress. But we should worry little he wont try. Look at his progression from year 3 to 4 In  college. He got big with hard work

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2014, 02:01:43 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1574

You act as if both are just fat slobs. please.  ::)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2014, 04:27:40 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

The think I'm most worried about, actually, is how poorly both are shooting. Both should be, if nothing else, excellent shooters who know how to pick their spot.

I think they're both capable shooters, but neither is really an isolation or volume scorer.  They should each be taking a handful of jumpers a game, but most of their attempts should come near the basket.

Unfortunately, the complete lack of high level offensive options on the team right now, not to mention ball-handlers who command the attention of the defense, means the shot distribution for Sully and KO are less than ideal.

I expect both players to be a lot more effective once the roster is a bit more balanced and they can play roles that fit their skillset.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain