Author Topic: Idea with Houston and Idea with New York  (Read 2042 times)

Idea with Houston and Idea with New York
« on: January 26, 2014, 03:57:04 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Not sure I say yes to the deals I proposed here but I feel that they are somewhat realistic. Changes the outlook of our team but Im not sure if they make us contenders or not.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=odz96x6

Trade One is with Houston:

Boston trades Bass, Bogans expiring and the Philly pick
Receives: Asik

Trade two is with New York:

Boston trades: Green, Humphries, and Sullinger (or Bradley) and a future first
Receive: Carmelo

Takes away a lot of depth but brings in a star in Melo and a defensive center. Leaves us with a line up of

Rondo
Bradley
Melo
KO
Asik

or a small ball run and gun line up of

Rondo
Bradley
Wallace
Melo
Asik

Melo is a voulme shooter and scorer and we surround him with a defensive unit that doesnt have guys who need the ball in their hands.

Again, I dont know if I do it. But we all know in this league you need a bonafide star (which Melo is, up for debate and discussion) and a legit center to win a ring.

I feel this is not very homerfilled and a somewhat realistic scenario...However I think it would be a somewhat panic mode move and something Danny would not jump on.

Re: Idea with Houston and Idea with New York
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 04:59:25 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I don't think either Houston or NYK say yes to that deal. For HOU, the Philly pick is too little. For NYK, they have so much to lose by letting Carmelo walk for nothing, if they're gonna trade him for something it needs to be something that can get the whole city energized.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 05:57:54 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
If N.Y. and Houston agreed to it we'd certainly be better, but I still don't think good enough.  I'd need to see the follow up plan for adding to that new team.

As an aside, I'd like to keep the Philly pick for next year. 
We could end up with pick 15 in another really good draft with a lot of big men.
With two picks this year Philly could end up starting something like:

MCW
Gary Harris
Jabari Parker
Thaddeus Young
Noel

With something good in trade for Evan Turner, Hawes off bench, etc...with a few vets off the bench they'd be ready to roll.  Could be a playoff team in a weak East.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 06:04:18 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
I don't think either Houston or NYK say yes to that deal. For HOU, the Philly pick is too little. For NYK, they have so much to lose by letting Carmelo walk for nothing, if they're gonna trade him for something it needs to be something that can get the whole city energized.

I agree about the NY comment...the question is, what, if anything, could get the city energized to accept a trade of a player that just went batnuts the other night in a game and set a scoring record. 

Not sure there is anybody in the league not named Lebron that would energize them at this point.

Rak

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 11:24:57 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

True. And Jeff Green isn't exactly instant energizer material.

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 12:14:33 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Both teams will say no. What could work instead

To hous: green
To bos: asik, 2nd round pick

To nyc: 2014 celtics 1st, 2015 2nd 1st, sullinger, humphries, bass, AB
To bos: melo, shumpert

New lineup

Asik
Olynyk
Anthony
Shumpert
Rondo

During crunch time take out olynyk and put in wallace or johnson(small lineup or three pt threat)