Author Topic: Who says 'no'? Charlotte or Boston?  (Read 9929 times)

Re: Who says 'no'? Charlotte or Boston?
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2014, 07:43:50 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
TP for the trade idea ssspence.  The deal does make some sense for Charlotte, because they are a team that seems to want to make the playoffs this year, and though Bass and Green aren't superstars by any means, they aren't paid like them either. 

For the C's, I'd rather see us get MKG than Taylor.  I thought Taylor had great potential in college, but that dude looks like he's shot.  MKG makes quite a bit more money and struggles on the offensive end, he is still a dynamic athlete who seems like a good kid and is willing to work.  We need a positive attitudes since we may be rebuilding (aka losing) for the next year or two).

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2014, 11:38:16 PM »

Offline NikoZea

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
If Charlotte is willing to do a deal centered around Green and MKG (I'm assuming they want to contend this year) then we should jump at it.

Call me crazy but I think MKG is going to be Paul George down the road. I just see it in his young, awkwardly developing game. Plus he's a great athlete.

Plus he's a leader and an extremely hard worker. That's what ultimately makes guys like that guys you can build around.
"Because there are no fours." -- Antoine Walker when asked why he shoots so many threes.

"Stars. The Eskimos use them to find their way home. I use them to wish for a girlfriend."

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2014, 08:26:43 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
If Charlotte is willing to do a deal centered around Green and MKG (I'm assuming they want to contend this year) then we should jump at it.

Call me crazy but I think MKG is going to be Paul George down the road. I just see it in his young, awkwardly developing game. Plus he's a great athlete.

Plus he's a leader and an extremely hard worker. That's what ultimately makes guys like that guys you can build around.

I like MKG for a number of the reasons you mention, but I don't think the Paul George comparison is fair, certainly on the offensive end. He's not a guy you can build around -- he's a solid role player as a defender, essentially.

But, I also like Jeff Taylor. A lot.  He was absolutely outstanding in the FIBA Euros last summer. When he returns from injury, he needs a chance to develop in a different role with a different team. But he's always played behind MKG while Michael's tried to prove his worth as a Top 5 pick (unsuccessfully).

Also keep in mind two things I mentioned in the OP:

1) JT makes less than $1mil next year (MKG makes more than $5mil), and more importantly,

2) Chances Jordan does the deal with MKG in it are considerably slimmer, IMO.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2014, 09:59:42 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
TP to the OP. I think Charlotte is the team to deal with. They have 2 1st rounders and 1 2nd rounder, already have Biyombo and Zeller as projects and MKG and KW as a young core. I don't see them picking 4 new youngsters.

That said, I would try for a lesser deal. Something like:
Ben Gordon (exp.)+ POR 1st rounder
for
Bass + Bogans

Bass is a nice player but obviously redundant for us. The Bobcats are starting Josh McRoberts and Bass would be an upgrade.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2014, 10:24:36 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
TP to the OP. I think Charlotte is the team to deal with. They have 2 1st rounders and 1 2nd rounder, already have Biyombo and Zeller as projects and MKG and KW as a young core. I don't see them picking 4 new youngsters.

That said, I would try for a lesser deal. Something like:
Ben Gordon (exp.)+ POR 1st rounder
for
Bass + Bogans

Bass is a nice player but obviously redundant for us. The Bobcats are starting Josh McRoberts and Bass would be an upgrade.

Yeah I could see that. But i think the deal would be more likely to flow around Green than Bass. Charlotte needs a SF.... badly. Not a coincidence Melo put up 62 on them the other night.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2014, 12:53:29 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I like this deal for the C's. I like it a lot less for the Cats. They give up a young cheap player, a late 1st and an expiring for Green and Bass. Green is a good player but he's not lighting the world on fire. If he's worth his contract it's just barely. Bass is overpaid for what he does and he's got 2 more years. I also don't think this trade makes the Bobcats significantly better. They're still a middling east team at best.

I'd also do this: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kokql4p with our 2014 Nets/Atl pick going to Charlotte. If they've given up on MKG they might be willing to take green and mulligan the pick, albeit much lower in the draft.

So what I'm trying to say is make it happen Danny!

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2014, 03:44:27 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
nostar ~~ Bass only has one more year.

By the way, if the Cs do trade Green / sign another SF this summer (Hayward, Melo, Parsons)... I'd like to see us bring Pierce back on a cheap deal. My bet is he'd agree.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 06:36:12 PM by ssspence »
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2014, 11:50:51 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
wanted to post an alternative to this that may make sense as well...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mdp9k3g

BOS gets: Gordon (expiring), Sessions (expiring), Vessely (expiring), J. Taylor, Detroit 1st rounder from the Hor-cats

WAS gets: Bass

CHA gets: Humphries, J. Green, Maynor

From my perspective, seems very logical for all teams.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2014, 11:56:21 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Not bad. I see your Jeff Taylor lust is still going strong.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2014, 12:05:04 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
Not bad. I see your Jeff Taylor lust is still going strong.

Yep -- binkie. He and Greg Smith. I'll buy everyone on Csblog a round of beers if we get both in 2014.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)