Author Topic: less than a month away and no legit rumors??? really  (Read 3863 times)

less than a month away and no legit rumors??? really
« on: January 24, 2014, 09:48:19 AM »

Online heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
Is it me or is anyone else out there checking Celticsblog at least every hour to see if there's any news on players moving? I don't know it seems like there was a flurry for Omer Asik in Dec, but everything has been relatively quiet since then - don't consider the Golden State trade a huge deal  - although it was completely out of the blue.

We all knew that Bynum was going to get traded/waived...but really other than that....
NOTHING....

Kinda disappointed where's all the chatter????? Is it me or GM's been quiet with no LEGIT rumors???

anybody agree?

Re: less than a month away and no legit rumors??? really
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 09:49:06 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Danny Ainge is trolling us.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 09:53:41 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think it's positive. I've found that deals that are rumored but don't happen immediately after the rumor almost never end up happening. In my mind that we haven't heard a lot of information leak means that deals are more likely to happen
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 09:56:41 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Remember, just because a deal isn't rumored doesn't mean it's not going to happen.

For instance, nobody in the media had any inkling, at all, that Perk was going to be traded.

It's probably unlikely that a superstar will be traded, because you usually hear at least some chatter beforehand, but there are exceptions to even that (such as the Deron Williams trade).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 10:04:32 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
The last few trade deadlines have been pretty uneventful for the most part around the league. Im in the boat of having no expectations so in case something real does happen then my shock factor is blown out of the water.

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 10:10:44 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
It's already been an exceptionally active year for the C's--and we're still weeks away from the peak last few days before the deadline.

Hourly checks until then would wear out even 5M, I believe.

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 10:23:38 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Danny is always really good at hiding things until the last minute.  Almost always there are rumors and then something completely different happens.

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 10:24:58 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
the only constant rumor that we've heard is asik to the C's. I think the reason this deal is still floating around is because I believe "where there's smoke there's fire". I think the only reason it hasn't happened is because Houston in their minds thinks they're going to get a better deal and are waiting till the final hr. of the deadline for what they hope is a better deal.

i also believe we're probably more likely to see more activity on draft day than anything else.

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 10:32:59 AM »

Offline Enzzo

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
Danny's a sneaky man  8)

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 11:05:05 AM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
Danny's a sneaky man  8)

yeah n oone seees the JCraw and Lee trade coming...
really caught me off guard....
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 11:07:27 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Remember, just because a deal isn't rumored doesn't mean it's not going to happen.

For instance, nobody in the media had any inkling, at all, that Perk was going to be traded.

It's probably unlikely that a superstar will be traded, because you usually hear at least some chatter beforehand, but there are exceptions to even that (such as the Deron Williams trade).

Yup. Even though we all kind of knew that some of our guards were going to be traded, no one heard about the Lee-Bayless swap or the Crawford/Brookes for Joel Anthony maneuvers until the day it happened.

We have almost a whole month before the trade deadline.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 11:19:04 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
Kinda disappointed where's all the chatter????? Is it me or GM's been quiet with no LEGIT rumors???

anybody agree?

100% agree. I'm starving

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 11:26:52 AM »

Online heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75

anybody agree?

100% agree. I'm starving

agreed....but I haven't really heard about anyone else as well? there are rumors about Monroe and Melo...nothing else.....

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 11:51:38 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
All Quiet before the tornados of February Chainge strike.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 01:46:43 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
We're not going to make any big trades until the off season.  We might do some little stuff, but it's hard to get excited about things like a Philly first that may become two second rounders if they don't make the playoffs. 

I am mostly just curious about this: when can we use the Pierce trade exception?  I know it is good until the summer, but when can we start trades again after the deadline?  Right when the season ends?