Author Topic: With Leonard out a month what about this idea of Green to Spurs  (Read 5530 times)

Re: With Leonard out a month what about this idea of Green to Spurs
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 06:19:47 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
He's not going the miss the playoffs.  There's no reason to make a panic trade.
It isn't a panic trade though.  They aren't overpaying for Jeff Green and Jeff could be very useful for them even with Leonard back. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 08:54:17 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
ah yes, kahwi leonard, the plug who choked away a world championship for the spurs by missing a game clicnhing free throw in game 6.

>:(

Manu deserves far more blame for that.  He had a horrible Game 6 - and a horrible Finals period.  And he also missed a critical free throw in the waning moments of the game.  Considering that was his fifth time playing in the Finals whereas Leonard was only in his second year as a professional basketball player, I hold Manu to a much higher standard for his ineffectiveness.

I'm with Leprechaun on this one.  Whatever Manu did that game, Leonard could have sealed the championship with ONE free throw and he missed it.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 09:03:13 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
ah yes, kahwi leonard, the plug who choked away a world championship for the spurs by missing a game clicnhing free throw in game 6.

Manu deserves far more blame for that.  He had a horrible Game 6 - and a horrible Finals period.  And he also missed a critical free throw in the waning moments of the game.  Considering that was his fifth time playing in the Finals whereas Leonard was only in his second year as a professional basketball player, I hold Manu to a much higher standard for his ineffectiveness.

I'm with Leprechaun on this one.  Whatever Manu did that game, Leonard could have sealed the championship with ONE free throw and he missed it.

Judging a player on one game is ridiculous enough.  You're going to judge him on one shot?!  Really?

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 12:54:41 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
He's not going the miss the playoffs.  There's no reason to make a panic trade.
It isn't a panic trade though.  They aren't overpaying for Jeff Green and Jeff could be very useful for them even with Leonard back.

Would anyone propose this trade if Leonard wasn't injured?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 01:06:47 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
This won't happen because the Spurs and the Celtics will not trade with each other unless it was a 100% magical fit for both teams.

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2014, 02:42:50 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

And so could have Manu, since you seem to be ignoring that he missed a free throw right before Kawhi went to the line - you know, in the same game in which he had EIGHT TURNOVERS.  I don't see how anyone can logically blame Kawhi when he played fantastically throughout the series.  Meanwhile Manu had a horrific performance to cap his horrible Finals output.  Kawhi misses a free throw and is to blame, but Manu gets a pass for that terrible showing?