Author Topic: 11.9% chance of winning the draft lottery as of today  (Read 79879 times)

Re: 6.3% chance of winning the draft lottery as of today
« Reply #270 on: February 06, 2014, 08:04:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVN7L0ik4j0
Grant reminds me of Jeff Green....

Grants is nothing like Green. The guy is fearless and physical

Green is one soft player. One of the softest i've seen in the league

« Reply #271 on: February 07, 2014, 11:55:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdFEbF_PvWY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF8DVz1udh8

If we trade or don't resign AB and we fall out of picking 1-6 , what do you guys think about picking Garry Harris?

« Reply #272 on: February 08, 2014, 12:01:53 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Somebody calculate our chances of getting a top 5 pick right now. 

The worst we can do at the moment is still 10th, I believe, and the chances of that are pretty remote.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #273 on: February 08, 2014, 12:50:30 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Somebody calculate our chances of getting a top 5 pick right now. 

The worst we can do at the moment is still 10th, I believe, and the chances of that are pretty remote.

Once we move out of the top 5, our chances of getting a top 5 pick are exactly the same as our chances of getting a top 3 pick.

This is because in any slot outside the top 5, you either:
(a) get a top 3 pick
(b) draft in your lottery slot or one of the next three (because someone behind you moves into the top 3)

We are currently in the 7th slot, with a 15% chance at a top 3 pick. Else, we end up with the 7th (60%), 8th (23%), 9th (2%) or 10th (minuscule).

There is a BIG loss in moving from the 5th slot to one of the next few slots, in terms of chances at getting a top 5 pick. In 5th, you have a 55% chance at a top 5 pick. In 6th, it drops to 21%.

Re: 11.9% chance of winning the draft lottery as of today
« Reply #274 on: March 01, 2014, 10:32:32 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
chances have been improving. the difference between now and a month ago is that the lakers are now on our trail with 8.8% to win.

« Reply #275 on: March 01, 2014, 10:43:37 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
chances have been improving. the difference between now and a month ago is that the lakers are now on our trail with 8.8% to win.
true, but what is also encouraging is that the celtics have a 37.8% chance of landing a top 3 pick.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #276 on: March 01, 2014, 10:46:14 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
true, but what is also encouraging is that the celtics have a 37.8% chance of landing a top 3 pick.

after our strong showing against the Pacers tonight I'm a bit worried. Hopefully our tanking stays on course and we end up firmly in a top 5 spot.

« Reply #277 on: March 01, 2014, 11:04:27 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
If current rosters/lineups stay the same it will be tough to outtank the Lakers. They are in a tougher conference and are generally less competitive in their games than the Celtics.

The Lakers do have a stretch in March where they face the Magic and Knicks at home and the Bucks on the road. If they manage to win all 3 and the Celtics don't win too many of their dates against the Sixers (2 more), Pistons (2 more) or Knicks/Cavs/Hawks/Pelicans (one each) then there's a chance. The Celtics really can't afford occasionally winning against the mediocre teams though (e.g. Nets, Raptors, Bulls, Wizards).

The two Sixers games are the worst. The way they're tanking those games look like automatic wins for Boston.

« Reply #278 on: March 01, 2014, 11:44:53 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
It is not a coincidence that the Celtics, Lakers, and Sixers are all tanking this year. This draft is totally worth tanking hard for. The only oddity is that the Knicks are managing to tank hard without a draft pick.

« Reply #279 on: March 02, 2014, 12:31:11 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
It is not a coincidence that the Celtics, Lakers, and Sixers are all tanking this year. This draft is totally worth tanking hard for. The only oddity is that the Knicks are managing to tank hard without a draft pick.

Just shows how incompetent the Knicks are. 

« Reply #280 on: March 02, 2014, 12:33:18 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Sac needs to lose some games. Our showing afaisnt the pacers has me worried...and this is without wallace bradley and olynyk...key is staying in the top 5 since the 4th and 5th spots have almost identical lottery percentages

« Reply #281 on: March 04, 2014, 03:56:34 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
Lakers somehow beat the trailblazers! Kings beat the pelicans! We actually have some breathing room...also i love how the nuggets have the knicks pick which is now fifth i believe. What a joke of a franchise...

« Reply #282 on: March 04, 2014, 04:32:25 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Boston and LA are not tanking.  If they were, Gasol and Bass would absolutely have been traded away.  I also don't think the trade of KG and Pierce can be considered tanking because of how much Boston got back.  The Lakers and Celtics just suck this season.  Philly, however, started tanking back at the 2013 draft and they've just kept on doing it.

Mike

« Reply #283 on: March 04, 2014, 04:39:06 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Boston and LA are not tanking.  If they were, Gasol and Bass would absolutely have been traded away.  I also don't think the trade of KG and Pierce can be considered tanking because of how much Boston got back.  The Lakers and Celtics just suck this season.  Philly, however, started tanking back at the 2013 draft and they've just kept on doing it.

Mike
and I hope they aren't rewarded for it, come on Silver lets get the C's back to prominence again :D
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #284 on: March 04, 2014, 06:34:40 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell

Mike

The lakers are keeping Kobe and nash out the rest of the season and traded Blake. Only reason Pau is still there is because no team could feasibly take on his massive contact. I think both the Celtics and Lakers are trying to win, they were just built to lose this season by their GM...Which I still consider tanking :P