Author Topic: 11.9% chance of winning the draft lottery as of today  (Read 79927 times)

Re: 15.6% chance of winning the draft lottery as of today
« Reply #240 on: January 31, 2014, 01:51:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Some people don't realize this but Karl Malone played at about the same size as Lebron and was easily one of the quickest, fastest, best cardio conditioned players his size in the league back then. And strong as an ox without the Lebron need to complain about contact and rough play.

He just wasn't a high flying jumper

« Reply #241 on: January 31, 2014, 01:52:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Lets skip this argument bc in the end it strengthens my pt anyways. We need athleticism plus skill rather than what parker or say mcdermott brings to the table

« Reply #242 on: January 31, 2014, 01:54:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Lets skip this argument bc in the end it strengthens my pt anyways. We need athleticism plus skill rather than what parker or say mcdermott brings to the table
You are doing to Parker the same exact thing youy just did with Malone.

Because Parker can't jump high or because he doesn't go above the rim a lot you are saying he isn't athletic. That's just inaccurate. Parker is an excellent athlete with top notch skill.

He just isn't a high flyer.

« Reply #243 on: January 31, 2014, 01:58:01 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

I'm failing to see how any of this is strengthening your point but I'll digress....

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #244 on: January 31, 2014, 02:05:03 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

Yes, but your point is to spout nonsense and this argument is introducing reason to expose said nonsense.  So I'm sure you'd like to skip it.

« Reply #245 on: January 31, 2014, 02:07:25 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I think the idea that anyone who can play in the NBA can be "not athletic" is hilarious.

When you're at that point, there is only "more athletic" or "less athletic". And none of that really has to do with leaping ability.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #246 on: January 31, 2014, 02:11:14 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'm just saying guys we'll never win a chip with a below-the-rim guy like McHale next to another poor athlete in Bird.  We need Dr. Dunkenstein Darrell Griffith if we ever hope to contend.

« Reply #247 on: January 31, 2014, 02:25:35 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Because Parker can't jump high or because he doesn't go above the rim a lot you are saying he isn't athletic. That's just inaccurate. Parker is an excellent athlete with top notch skill.

Yeah, I guess that Pierce guy was never all that good either...

« Reply #248 on: January 31, 2014, 02:28:23 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

Yeah, I guess that Pierce guy was never all that good either...

But the high flying jumper Gerald Green on the other hand.....

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #249 on: January 31, 2014, 02:42:36 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
We got a chance at the top 5. We dont have to choose pierce . We can choose a kg

As ppl are going off topic bringing up gerald green or deandre jordan into this

The pt I made was that in recent history teams with a legit big player or over the top athletic players have won it all.

No reason not try to try to follow this formula. Starting with hopefully our 2014 key piece draft pick

« Reply #250 on: January 31, 2014, 03:10:36 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
To add to the argument about parkers athleticism. Having watched alot of his games this year he seems to have no problem finishing around the rim. It isn't like he is a below the rim forward who gets blocked alot. He finishes very well around the rim. Who cares if never wins a dunk contest. Who here would take Vince Carter over Paul Pierce?
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #251 on: January 31, 2014, 03:43:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
To add to the argument about parkers athleticism. Having watched alot of his games this year he seems to have no problem finishing around the rim. It isn't like he is a below the rim forward who gets blocked alot. He finishes very well around the rim. Who cares if never wins a dunk contest. Who here would take Vince Carter over Paul Pierce?

The lack of elite athleticism and quickness is causing parker issues on defense. At times he cant even drive to the basket bc his man is right on him

When you are blessed with athletic abilities you are not only a little more everywhere on the court but also can make those difficult shots with somebody on you like glue. I havent seen parker excel in these situations vs wiggins or embiid.

Ppl seem to frequently mention that paul pierce did it. Well how many players like pierce are there in the nba? Its the durants , george etc that are ones normally the ones making it happen on a consistent basis

« Reply #252 on: January 31, 2014, 03:44:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I would take a vince carter at peak vs pierce at peak. Its not even a question imo

« Reply #253 on: January 31, 2014, 03:55:11 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

The lack of elite athleticism and quickness is causing parker issues on defense. At times he cant even drive to the basket bc his man is right on him

When you are blessed with athletic abilities you are not only a little more everywhere on the court but also can make those difficult shots with somebody on you like glue. I havent seen parker excel in these situations vs wiggins or embiid.

Ppl seem to frequently mention that paul pierce did it. Well how many players like pierce are there in the nba? Its the durants , george etc that are ones normally the ones making it happen on a consistent basis
I have seen him score in lots of ways, including being tightly guarded. He only played Wiggins one time, are you really going to base his potential on one game? (he scored in the 20's that game by the way)

« Reply #254 on: January 31, 2014, 03:57:33 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I have seen him score in lots of ways, including being tightly guarded. He only played Wiggins one time, are you really going to base his potential on one game? (he scored in the 20's that game by the way)

I have seen parker defer the ball to other guys on the team like hood in tight situations.

His step back jumper is good. But at crucial situations or tightly guarded, he is stuck