Author Topic: How D.J Augustin Torched the Celtics for 33 Points  (Read 4285 times)

How D.J Augustin Torched the Celtics for 33 Points
« on: March 31, 2014, 08:46:28 PM »

Offline drk3351

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 20
A breakdown video describing how D.J scored 33 points on your Celtics. Tough game but he hit a lot of tough shots. You can watch the video as I point out a few Celtic defensive mistakes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BawuRQEXKh8
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 09:52:21 PM by drk3351 »

Re: How D.J Augustin Torched the Celtics for 33 Points
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 08:51:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Bc rondo is playing crappy defense.  Soon the blame should go on stevens  Thibs would never let this happen if he were coaching the celts.

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 08:58:19 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
It was because of Bradley's lock down defense. . . lololololol
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 09:00:54 PM »

fitzhickey

Bc rondo is playing crappy defense.  Soon the blame should go on stevens  Thibs would never let this happen if he were coaching the celts.
I'm not sure how you can compare a first year coach with one of the worst squads in the entire NBA to a coach as prestigious as Thibs. That's unfair to Stevens, who is coaching a tanking squad.

I'm not sure defense is Stevens' priority at this point in time.

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 09:21:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I'm not sure how you can compare a first year coach with one of the worst squads in the entire NBA to a coach as prestigious as Thibs. That's unfair to Stevens, who is coaching a tanking squad.

I'm not sure defense is Stevens' priority at this point in time.

As bad as this team is, its still a nba team.  Thibs , pops could of done better. Starting with not putting up with the way rondo is playimg defense. I have seen him enough times by now stayed glued  just inside the free throw line while the man he should be guarding or there should be a switch, shoots open jumpers or drives in for a layup . The excuses are tiring. If u cant put in 100 percent effort then dont play. I respect a guy like westbrook. What after two surgeries he is still dunking and playing hard. There should be only one way to play in this league

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 09:21:26 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

You are aware that Rondo was playing essentially the same brand of defense while Thibs was our defensive coach, right?

You are also aware of how Derrick Rose played defense while Thibs was the head coach of the bulls, right?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 09:25:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

You are aware that Rondo was playing essentially the same brand of defense while Thibs was our defensive coach, right?

You are also aware of how Derrick Rose played defense while Thibs was the head coach of the bulls, right?

He played better when he cameback from his injury then rondo has. The effort or at least an attempt to have a hand on the shooters face was there.

When was the last time you seen rondo challenge a shot or block a a layup? At least attempt it is all I ask.

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 09:29:30 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
The first time that comes to mind was in the 2010 Finals when he blocked, and stole, Fisher's shot.

That's not the last time I've seen him do it, just the most memorable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcloSuiCzo

If you look close, you can even see Thibs. And Nate.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 09:32:12 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
A breakdown video describing how D.J scored 33 points on your Celtics. Tough game but he hit a lot of tough shots. You can watch the video as I point out a few Celtic defensive mistakes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BawuRQEXKh8

Also fixed the embed for you. Take out the "s" after http

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 10:01:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
The first time that comes to mind was in the 2010 Finals when he blocked, and stole, Fisher's shot.

That's not the last time I've seen him do it, just the most memorable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcloSuiCzo

If you look close, you can even see Thibs. And Nate.

Whats next. Rondo scored 44 pts vs the heat in the playoffs before and al bundy once scored 4 touchdowns in one game?

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2014, 10:12:19 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
You asked, I answered?

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2014, 10:45:24 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
This is typical Celtics: give up huge games to role players (see: Bayless, Jerryd). Frustrating, yes, but not surprising.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2014, 11:10:10 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I'm guessing neither answer would be yes.

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2014, 11:43:11 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
I have the same suspicion.