Author Topic: Noah Vonleh  (Read 3063 times)

Noah Vonleh
« on: January 22, 2014, 01:49:19 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I'm salivating. I've seen two games, and I'm not sure he is getting enough credit yet. Landing him seems like it'd be more reasonable than one of the top 3-5, and I'd gladly take it...

Not to mention he's from Haverhill, MA.

He is the one for us.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Re: Noah Vonleh
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 02:28:47 AM »

Offline NikoZea

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
I'm interested to see what his real height/weight/wingspan is. I've seen anywhere from 6'8 210 to 6'10 240. If it's the latter I'd love to pair him with Sully in the front court. 

Otherwise, he's great. He's been getting more explosive and athletic with each growth spurt, has a good feel for the game, ridiculous length and is a monster in the paint. Great rebounder and defender, protects the paint. Offensively you can tell he was groomed as an SF/PF with his handles and jump shot, but he'll be a C due to his growth.

He's got a nice frame and has been growing for a while now, which helps his upside. Easy to forget these kids are only 19 and still growing. 

On the negative, he doesn't have a real post game like Sully. He might not enter the draft and go too high for us next year. I'd be disappointed if we didn't grab him, he could be an impact player immediately.
"Because there are no fours." -- Antoine Walker when asked why he shoots so many threes.

"Stars. The Eskimos use them to find their way home. I use them to wish for a girlfriend."

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 04:27:31 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
He gained 25lbs this past summer before going to college...all muscle. He played at New Hampton prep and i think was mostly a sf. This is his first year exclusively being in the post all the time. He has a great shot for a big man...don;t take my word though watch his videos for yourself on youtube or nbadraft.net

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 07:35:50 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I think the kid is getting slept on as well.  He is very good skillwise and has good size.  Maybe he will fall to us.

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 08:46:45 AM »

Offline Dog_Lover106

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
I'm interested to see what his real height/weight/wingspan is. I've seen anywhere from 6'8 210 to 6'10 240. If it's the latter I'd love to pair him with Sully in the front court. 

Otherwise, he's great. He's been getting more explosive and athletic with each growth spurt, has a good feel for the game, ridiculous length and is a monster in the paint. Great rebounder and defender, protects the paint. Offensively you can tell he was groomed as an SF/PF with his handles and jump shot, but he'll be a C due to his growth.

He's got a nice frame and has been growing for a while now, which helps his upside. Easy to forget these kids are only 19 and still growing. 

On the negative, he doesn't have a real post game like Sully. He might not enter the draft and go too high for us next year. I'd be disappointed if we didn't grab him, he could be an impact player immediately.
Noah is only 18. He reclassified. His size is legit. Put on a lot of muscle and grew 3 inches. I have watched him play a lot, both at New Hampton and with his AAU team Mass Rivals.

The above poster is correct, Crean has just stuck him in the paint, even though he is more of a wing player. Other problem at Indiana is Yogi Ferrell. Great player, but definitely a shoot first PG. Noah played with PG's Travis Jorgensen and Olivier Hanlan from BC at the New Hampton School. Hanlan is a first rounder who was a better PG distributor for Noah.

Played against awesome competition in HS and AAU. As you probably know, New Hampton, Tilton and Brewster are within a 20 mile radius. Brewster and Tilton where ranked #1 and #3 in the country and New Hampton #8. 10-12 NBA first round picks coming from those three schools during the time Noah was at New Hampton. Every night was like a junior NBA game.

He has made a great adjustment considing his age and playing out of position. Could easily be a 20/10 guy this year, if they got him the ball like last night. Ultimately I think, playing mainly the 5 at Indiana, will be better for his long term development. Although he certainly is not allowed to showcase what he can do. I am sure scouts know that and all about his open court skills, as Noah has been a top national prospect since 15 or 16 years old. Really hard worker.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 09:09:43 AM by Dog_Lover106 »

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 02:25:01 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Noah is only 18. He reclassified. His size is legit. Put on a lot of muscle and grew 3 inches. I have watched him play a lot, both at New Hampton and with his AAU team Mass Rivals.

The above poster is correct, Crean has just stuck him in the paint, even though he is more of a wing player. Other problem at Indiana is Yogi Ferrell. Great player, but definitely a shoot first PG. Noah played with PG's Travis Jorgensen and Olivier Hanlan from BC at the New Hampton School. Hanlan is a first rounder who was a better PG distributor for Noah.

Played against awesome competition in HS and AAU. As you probably know, New Hampton, Tilton and Brewster are within a 20 mile radius. Brewster and Tilton where ranked #1 and #3 in the country and New Hampton #8. 10-12 NBA first round picks coming from those three schools during the time Noah was at New Hampton. Every night was like a junior NBA game.

He has made a great adjustment considing his age and playing out of position. Could easily be a 20/10 guy this year, if they got him the ball like last night. Ultimately I think, playing mainly the 5 at Indiana, will be better for his long term development. Although he certainly is not allowed to showcase what he can do. I am sure scouts know that and all about his open court skills, as Noah has been a top national prospect since 15 or 16 years old. Really hard worker.

Sounds like giving him experience in the paint will be good for him.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 02:29:00 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I think he'll crack the top five in June--and I wouldn't be surprised if the C's ended up with him.

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 02:55:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejknYNuk9cY

Vonleh # is 1

Though at times i think he is too passive, recently watching him play i can see why some are getting excited. He struggled a little in Dec but now is playing well again. In just one year from (HS to 1st year in College), Vonleh has significantly bulked up. And given some more time could be really strong without losing athleticism/quickness.

Because of such a shortage of good C or PF/C in the 2014 draft, i expect Vonleh at this rate to be chosen pretty high. Prob one of the first ones chosen after the big 5-6.