Author Topic: Celtics (14-28) at Heat (29-11) Game #43 1/21/14  (Read 51553 times)

Re: Celtics (14-28) at Heat (29-11) Game #43 1/21/14
« Reply #315 on: January 21, 2014, 10:32:24 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
they should shut Rondo down for rest of season, there is just no reason not to give that knee all the time it needs to heal.

« Reply #316 on: January 21, 2014, 10:35:50 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
they should shut Rondo down for rest of season, there is just no reason not to give that knee all the time it needs to heal.

I said the same thing last game and was crucified by the masses here. he can play ball all summer and be ready in NBA shape by the fall.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #317 on: January 21, 2014, 10:44:35 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188

I said the same thing last game and was crucified by the masses here. he can play ball all summer and be ready in NBA shape by the fall.
Agree on the shutdown, common Rondo what ever happened to the "won't come back unless I know I’m myself again” statement. That is not how i remember you play. Heck you even play better when d-whistle broke your arm.

« Reply #318 on: January 21, 2014, 11:35:16 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
I think Rondo looks like he is in 2nd gear the whole time.  I know he is coming back from a serious injury, but it is going to be a long rest-of-the-season watching him like this.  I don't know if I have ever seen him play this badly?

I hate to say it, because I am a major rondo fan, but we looked better tonight with PP.  I guess it will be a long slow process to gradually get the old Rondo back.

Really impressive hustle and effort tonight from the team thought.
It will be a slow process. I think people's expectations may be too high. He should have made both free throws, no excuse for that, but embarrassingly bad performances are to be expected. He actually hasn't had as many TOs as I thought he would.

I am sure my expectations were too high too, and I was trying to lower the bar for his return.  I think playing 25 min a game is a stretch for Rondo right now for his conditioning.  The out of synch part I am sure will come back.  Just may be a while until we see that burst of speed.

I am sure it is frustrating for him too.  Gotta be patient I know.

« Reply #319 on: January 21, 2014, 11:37:15 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Rondo not ready to close out..should not be put in that position yet.

agree 100%.  keep him on the slowly increasing minutes and try not to put him in bad positions right from the start of his return.

Like tonight, I thought pressey was giving us a spark, why not give him a shot the last few minutes?  would that just be wrong with Rondo in uniform?  i don't know...

« Reply #320 on: January 22, 2014, 12:10:40 AM »

Offline paidthecost2betheboss

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
 ;D
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 01:15:05 AM by paidthecost2betheboss »

« Reply #321 on: January 22, 2014, 02:11:00 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
As strange as it may sound I actually see a team out there on the floor. I also think Stevens made some bad mistakes on substituting in this game.  I just hope Brad is not letting Rondo control the coaching aspect of this team.  there was no doubt that Pressey should have been in there at the end and Rondo should have called that himself.
I see that some of you are also starting to see that Green is expendable. I also see it's time you realize that contracts can be worked out and that Chris Humphries is very, very good for this team. I would also like to see this Chris Johnson get some more time.
I agree that Rondo is not ready yet.  his leg might be fine but mentally and conditioning wise he is not close.

THE WAY I SEE THIS TEAM TODAY.
Rajon Rondo... not until he's 100%.
Jarod Sullinger.....the beast.
Phil Pressey....coming along nicely.
Chris Humphries....very underrated.
Kelly Olynyk.....needs to get tougher.
Jeff Green.....trade him now.
Brandon Bass.....I'm on the fence with this guy.
Avery Bradley......trade him.
Jerryd Bayliss.....could work out.
Vitor Faverani.....soft league minimum backup.
Keith Bogans....Bye-bye
Joel Anthony....Bye-bye
Chris Johnson....would like to see more of this kid.
Gerald Wallace.....with his hustle he would be a great keeper....for league minimum. contract makes him a bust.

« Reply #322 on: January 22, 2014, 02:29:31 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Agree on the shutdown, common Rondo what ever happened to the "won't come back unless I know I’m myself again” statement. That is not how i remember you play. Heck you even play better when d-whistle broke your arm.
Are we sure it's even just rust?  He looked fine the first couple games.  I think this is more just Rondo being Rondo.  He's a weak offensive player and needs scorers around him to be successful.  That's the way it's always been.

« Reply #323 on: January 22, 2014, 07:27:41 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Are we sure it's even just rust?  He looked fine the first couple games.  I think this is more just Rondo being Rondo.  He's a weak offensive player and needs scorers around him to be successful.  That's the way it's always been.

Historically, he has played well against the HEAT.   While, I concede he has never been a strong player offensively.  He is coming off a major injury and was playing against a team he has humiliated in the past.   You don't think they were going to come hard at him?

I hope your happy with RR because your stuck with him now.   No GM will want in his present state.   He lacks mobility and speed and who would want him now?    We are probably stuck with him until the rust get's knocked off and that could be 6 more months.   I don't see him moved at the trade deadline.   Contenders won't want to wait a year for him to return to form.   

« Reply #324 on: January 22, 2014, 08:00:16 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

I don't think Rondo looked fine the first few games. He looked like he was 33-35 years old. Not explosive quickness. Unable to beat his man and get into the paint (which is vital to him creating shots for others) like he used + unable to defend and harass his man like he used to. Playing like an old Jason Kidd. A setup guard.

Doesn't have his legs yet.

« Reply #325 on: January 22, 2014, 08:22:16 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557

Historically, he has played well against the HEAT.   While, I concede he has never been a strong player offensively.  He is coming off a major injury and was playing against a team he has humiliated in the past.   You don't think they were going to come hard at him?

I hope your happy with RR because your stuck with him now.   No GM will want in his present state.   He lacks mobility and speed and who would want him now?    We are probably stuck with him until the rust get's knocked off and that could be 6 more months.   I don't see him moved at the trade deadline.   Contenders won't want to wait a year for him to return to form.

agreed. If DA has any plans to trade him it will not be until next year now.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #326 on: January 22, 2014, 07:06:35 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
I guess we can pretty much move on now knowing that Rondo is of no use to us at all anymore.
more doom and gloom from your tanking pals!!! 

« Reply #327 on: January 22, 2014, 07:11:57 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Gotta be honest--I'm not going to be able to watch the game, but I'm really not too bothered.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.