Poll

What's the best Peter Jackson Middle Earth film so far?

Fellowship of the Ring
4 (44.4%)
The Two Towers
2 (22.2%)
Return of the King
2 (22.2%)
The Hobbit: An unexpected journey
0 (0%)
The Hobbit: The desolation of Smaug
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: What's the best Peter Jackson Middle Earth film so far? Possible spoilers...  (Read 2913 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I want to hear you on this one. I was a teeny tad disappointed by Desolation of Smaug

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
None of them.

Some of my very favorite books, average "look at the blank cheque we got to spend on Visual FX" films.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
DOS you are the only person I have ever met that didn't like any of them. Are you saying you didn't like any of them but watched them all? That's not the point. What would you have done differently?

To be fair I very much liked the Hobbit cartoon. Not as much, but I did like it

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I haven't seen either of the Hobbit films yet, but I've watched all of the LOTR movies multiple times. Because I'm a Tolkien nerd. I plan on back-to-backing the two hobbit films at some point, because, again, nerd.

Hobbit cartoon is great.

I think that Return of the King is the best film of the three I've seen, as it plays most strongly into what peter jackson's good at--the visual effects and has already gone past what he's not so good at--the storytelling.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
So far the only thing I was pretty annoyed with was the deletion of Tom Bombadil. Also inserting an elf army into Helm's Deep was a big departure from the book. There have been some other departures, but I've been pretty happy with stuff

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think Fellowship was the best, especially the Extended edition. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I think the Trilogy had 6 movies worth of content that was crammed into 3.  By comparison they are tremendously stretching the Hobbit.

My favorite was Two Towers, best action.  Also, leaving out Tom Bombadil <3 was horrible.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I gotta go with Desolation of Smaug as worst...close to Two Towers

To me the greatness of the films are in exploring the worlds and characters....hence they should have spent more time on the Elve's home. Instead all we get to see is the throne room, gate, and a small prison.

I liked Tauriel a lot. 

Disappointed in barely meeting Beorn.

Liked the Dol Guldor stuff
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 07:38:05 PM by eja117 »