Author Topic: Help Cant get into the chatroom  (Read 10832 times)

Re: Help Cant get into the chatroom
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 06:58:45 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Yea, I had this problem for about 15mins b4 the Lakers game... stupid Java. All I did to fix it was turn my Java security settings on low. The problem was that when I installed the Java update, at the bottom it said something like "enable Java security" and I didn't remove the check mark so it turned security on and blocked me from the chatroom.
Haha, if true that's a tricky trap.

Usually when an add on won't run and something is propting you at the bottom, they WANT you to click enable.  Who would have thought clicking disable would work?

Also, my java security doesn't even have a "low" setting, the lowest it would go is medium and that didn't do it.  Weird how we all figured it out with different solutions.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 02:28:48 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I am right back where I started.  Java is blocked.  I will be in chat when a solution is found, and will let you know if I find out anything related to this.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 06:31:39 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I am right back where I started.  Java is blocked.  I will be in chat when a solution is found, and will let you know if I find out anything related to this.
I will be in chat tonight.  This time I had to set my Java temp. file security to the lowest setting, and the prompts are back.  I am learning more than I ever wanted to know about nudging systems and program controls.  On/Off are my two controls of choice!  ;)  I hope this is not just another temporary fix.   :'(
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2014, 06:41:42 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Yea, I had this problem for about 15mins b4 the Lakers game... stupid Java. All I did to fix it was turn my Java security settings on low. The problem was that when I installed the Java update, at the bottom it said something like "enable Java security" and I didn't remove the check mark so it turned security on and blocked me from the chatroom.
Haha, if true that's a tricky trap.

Usually when an add on won't run and something is propting you at the bottom, they WANT you to click enable.  Who would have thought clicking disable would work?

Also, my java security doesn't even have a "low" setting, the lowest it would go is medium and that didn't do it.  Weird how we all figured it out with different solutions.

Yea, I'm sure mine was medium also, I pulled the slider to the bottom so I called it low lol. They won't get me again b/c anytime I update from now on I will make sure to uncheck anything Java has checked, "enable Java to stop your computer from blowing up"... *mouse click* LOL
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)