Author Topic: Celtics (14-27) at Magic (10-30) Game #42 1/19/14  (Read 34545 times)

Re: Celtics (14-27) at Magic (10-30) Game #42 1/19/14
« Reply #150 on: January 19, 2014, 10:01:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
May take 2015 to reload.....then dump Wallace ......start over

This is just the beginning .......we waited  like 20 years for KG and Allen to arrive ........so if DA can reset the table in 4 years , that  would be a miracle. ....for Boston .........long for LA who are use to getting all the stars from small markets and reloading in a year or two.

Two lotto picks , dump Wallace .....get a star and bingo back in business.

I think Stevens , KO, and Sully  survive  for the 2017 kick tail team DA assembles .   2018 .....we return.

« Reply #151 on: January 19, 2014, 10:21:22 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

This is just the beginning .......we waited  like 20 years for KG and Allen to arrive ........so if DA can reset the table in 4 years , that  would be a miracle. ....for Boston .........long for LA who are use to getting all the stars from small markets and reloading in a year or two.

I think Stevens , KO, and Sully  survive  for the 2017 kick tail team DA assembles .   2018 .....we return.
agreed... we aren't competing for 3-5 years, but I have faith in Ainge's ability to make the smart choices.

« Reply #152 on: January 19, 2014, 10:24:43 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003
Two years of beatings will get old. Stevens will not want to stay.

What makes you think Stevens will jump ship after 2 losing seasons?  There's only 1 head coach of the Boston Celtics in the world at any given time, it's not something you relinquish easily.

The C's will stick with Stevens throughout the rebuild and he'll stick with us.

« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2014, 10:42:02 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Celtics starters with positive +/-
Jeff Green +3
Sullinger +10
Hump +11
Rondo +3

Magic starters with positive +/-
Glen Davis +9
Oladipo +4

And we lost by 2?  How is that numerically possible?

« Reply #154 on: January 19, 2014, 10:54:06 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Celtics starters with positive +/-
Jeff Green +3
Sullinger +10
Hump +11
Rondo +3

Magic starters with positive +/-
Glen Davis +9
Oladipo +4

And we lost by 2?  How is that numerically possible?

Because Bass -15, Olynyk -12, and every bench player that played for Orlando (all two of them) had a positive +/-.

So your answer is that it is numerically possible because starters don't play the entire game.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #155 on: January 19, 2014, 11:04:10 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

agreed... we aren't competing for 3-5 years, but I have faith in Ainge's ability to make the smart choices.

I think it may take 3-5 years to reach a point where the Celtics are contending, but if the team isn't at least competitive and progressing with a promising core within 2-3 years, I think Ainge will have some 'splainin' to do.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #156 on: January 20, 2014, 03:56:33 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
What a bunch of spoiled crybabies and it's easy to see why. if you look at the amount of people posting on this forum for the Laker game compared to the rest of the games. it shows you considered the lifeless Lakers more important then most of the better teams that are playing today.
Do any of you "tankers" realize that with the massive amount of upcoming picks the Celtics have they can't help but improve within the next couple years.
Here's my favorite post of the thread......"great news, our all star point guard has returned and we still lost two in a row, I am pleased".    GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!! 

« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2014, 05:23:43 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I think it may take 3-5 years to reach a point where the Celtics are contending, but if the team isn't at least competitive and progressing with a promising core within 2-3 years, I think Ainge will have some 'splainin' to do.

I'll gladly make a TP 'bet' with either one of you the Celtics are back in the playoffs next season, and by 2015 are in the top 3 in the East.

Wyc has tasted success, he won't let Ainge have 3-5 years to get back to being competitive. My guess is the stash of draft picks Ainge has been collecting will be flipped for a star to pair with Rondo. It's the smart move.

« Reply #158 on: January 20, 2014, 01:41:17 PM »

Offline Enzzo

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
What a bunch of spoiled crybabies and it's easy to see why. if you look at the amount of people posting on this forum for the Laker game compared to the rest of the games. it shows you considered the lifeless Lakers more important then most of the better teams that are playing today.
Do any of you "tankers" realize that with the massive amount of upcoming picks the Celtics have they can't help but improve within the next couple years.
Here's my favorite post of the thread......"great news, our all star point guard has returned and we still lost two in a row, I am pleased".    GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure the Lakers game was so popular because it was the first time in the past year Rondo has played. Just a guess...

« Reply #159 on: January 20, 2014, 02:44:01 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I'll gladly make a TP 'bet' with either one of you the Celtics are back in the playoffs next season, and by 2015 are in the top 3 in the East.

Wyc has tasted success, he won't let Ainge have 3-5 years to get back to being competitive. My guess is the stash of draft picks Ainge has been collecting will be flipped for a star to pair with Rondo. It's the smart move.
I think there is a scenario where making the playoffs next year does seem possible.  I don't think Ainge has had any intention of improving the team this year.  Next year after the 2014 draft plays out, he'll no longer have incentive to be bad.

But I think it would take some major moves for this team to be a threat for a championship anytime in the next few years.

« Reply #160 on: January 20, 2014, 11:10:37 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
we might get a top 5 pick two years in a row at the rate we are going. Depends what DA wants to do.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #161 on: January 21, 2014, 01:47:13 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92

I'm pretty sure the Lakers game was so popular because it was the first time in the past year Rondo has played. Just a guess...

You are probably right, I just get so aggravated hearing the word "TANK" every other word.