Author Topic: Celtics (13-23) at Blazers (27-9) Game #38 1/11/14  (Read 24235 times)

Re: Celtics (13-23) at Blazers (27-9) Game #38 1/11/14
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2014, 12:31:46 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I know Stevens has limited choices but he does leave  Crawford out there, game after game.  :-\
yes, but honestly who else could be there at this point? bayliss is still really new to the celtic plays. pressey simply cannot shoot. after that...no one.

i dont mind crawford being in the game. i just object to his craptastic heave selection. no offensive flow for the team. just chucking up low percentage shots.

Sometimes a coach has to bench a guy to get his attention. Crawford can be ok but has been wild for a few weeks now. Maybe a good 4th quarter benching is what he needs. What would it hurt? It's not like the Celtics are winning these games.
I think there's a good chance Crawford loses his starting spot when Rondo returns. 

« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2014, 12:35:04 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Parker......

Closer. Every game

I just feel,it.

parkers Duke loss today to a nobody team. Saw some highlights. His defense is ways away

Please pass that info on to the Bucks and Magic.GM's...... :D
I think WIggins still goes 1st.  Better 2-way player.  Sometimes tough to judge College players depending on the system.  He'll be a major star.

I like Julius Randle. :)

Yes he is a load under the bucket.........I can see him destroying people inside in about two years........he already looks 25 years  and great effort on the boards

« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2014, 01:03:23 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
We've dropped 8 in a row.  We're the hottest tank in the league!

« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2014, 01:06:18 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Craw hasn't lost us games on his own, can't fully pin it on one guy... but I will go as far as saying that for weeks now his shot selection and the way he makes the offense stall has made it hard for us to win. I'm not looking for a scapegoat because I'm not happy with a few people over this losing streak but Crawford has made some of the most boneheaded mistakes a person can. He looks totally different from early season. I still think it's b/c he knows his days are numbered once RR returns, it's like he's saying "I better get mine while I can, I want someone to pick me up!"

It's ticking me off that of everyone, Craw has been the only guy CBS seems afraid to pull when needed. He's sat any and everyone except Craw. I'll say it again, our offense has flowed so much better with Bayless and AB together and that's with Bayless not getting any practice.

I'm not turning on Crawford, I just want less of him. I would be happy if we kept him as a 15-20min at most spark off the bench. I also wouldn't be surprised if he is shipped out next.

We are already losing, who is it going to hurt by putting Bayless as the starting PG a couple games and see what happens. I don't mean just start him, give him the majority of the minutes with AB. Then put Craw in and tell him now is his turn to go for his.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2014, 01:07:24 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I don't think anyone on this roster is playing as hard as they were two weeks ago.

I also really hope we don't come close to breaking our 18 loss streak this year.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2014, 01:10:09 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I don't think anyone on this roster is playing as hard as they were two weeks ago.

I also really hope we don't come close to breaking our 18 loss streak this year.
Season reminds me a lot of Pitino's first year.  We started out strong.  Lots of excitement.  Players were running HARD.  Full-court traps on every possession.  We beat Jordan's defending champion Bulls on opening night.  Then eventually the lack of talent wore thin, the players stopped listening and they puttered along to mediocrity.

I do think Stevens is a good coach.  Just need to get him some talent to work with.  Or figure it out next year.  We're in really good draft position if the season ended today.

« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2014, 01:13:21 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
eh...I blame the refs...the slightest contact was a foul on The C's...while Portland is allowed to muscle us all game...especially in the 2nd half.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2014, 01:13:55 AM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Craw hasn't lost us games on his own, can't fully pin it on one guy... but I will go as far as saying that for weeks now his shot selection and the way he makes the offense stall has made it hard for us to win. I'm not looking for a scapegoat because I'm not happy with a few people over this losing streak but Crawford has made some of the most boneheaded mistakes a person can. He looks totally different from early season. I still think it's b/c he knows his days are numbered once RR returns, it's like he's saying "I better get mine while I can, I want someone to pick me up!"

It's ticking me off that of everyone, Craw has been the only guy CBS seems afraid to pull when needed. He's sat any and everyone except Craw. I'll say it again, our offense has flowed so much better with Bayless and AB together and that's with Bayless not getting any practice.

I'm not turning on Crawford, I just want less of him. I would be happy if we kept him as a 15-20min at most spark off the bench. I also wouldn't be surprised if he is shipped out next.

We are already losing, who is it going to hurt by putting Bayless as the starting PG a couple games and see what happens. I don't mean just start him, give him the majority of the minutes with AB. Then put Craw in and tell him now is his turn to go for his.

Might not be popular right now, but I think Crawford could be the first guard off the bench on a good team like you said. He can actually score on his own and break down the D, something not every guard in this league can do(see Bradley,Avery). I think he'll just need to accept his future in the NBA is as a backup and not chucking it every other possession.

And I suspect he could be brought back on a reasonable deal.

« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2014, 01:14:57 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Season reminds me a lot of Pitino's first year.  We started out strong.  Lots of excitement.  Players were running HARD.  Full-court traps on every possession.  We beat Jordan's defending champion Bulls on opening night.  Then eventually the lack of talent wore thin, the players stopped listening and they puttered along to mediocrity.

I do think Stevens is a good coach.  Just need to get him some talent to work with.  Or figure it out next year.  We're in really good draft position if the season ended today.

I was in the middle of creating a new thread titled "All the negativity on this board sucks" with a giant Pitino Face. Instead I'll just leave this here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRik9erWgQ8
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2014, 02:48:06 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
these last two games have been played well considering the opponents.  with this kind of game they can beat Houston playing in the Gahden.
Humphries was never given as big of an opportunity with the Nets and I think he'll get even better. Ainge has got to come up with an agreeable plan to rework his contract and try and keep this guy. I think it might be doable because Hump really likes it here. Rondo + hump = big points!!!

« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2014, 02:56:14 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
"If", and this is a big if,...Rondo comes back 100% and stays 100%, I think this becomes a very good team and surprises the Do-Do out of a lot of people!!!
the Celtics have game, Rondo will bring it out.