Author Topic: Celtics (13-23) at Warriors (24-14) Game #37 1/10/14  (Read 41870 times)

Re: Celtics (13-23) at Warriors (24-14) Game #37 1/10/14
« Reply #210 on: January 11, 2014, 01:10:33 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
That was a perfect game.

Entertaining to the end, featuring good performances by the younger guys, game winner by a star, and one team I like that needs to win for playoff position got the win, and the other team I love that needed to lose to stay out of the playoffs got the loss.

I think I'm the only one here who's more entertained than the rest.

Seeming as I am both a C's and a Dubs' fan, my emotions are on a roller coaster.

But darn, I wanted that win for the Celtics.

It was such a good game, I was ready to be happy no matter who won.  I like both teams.  It just worked out well because both teams got what they needed for the big picture.  Very clear that both teams  wanted to win this game, badly.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #211 on: January 11, 2014, 01:10:44 AM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
The intention was for Wallace not to take the last shot and the ball ended up in his hands like a magnet.

« Reply #212 on: January 11, 2014, 01:20:16 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Some interesting stats. We  actually held them the 30.8% from down town, Phil Pressey was DNP-CD. Might as well D league him cos it might happen alot with Bayless on board. Jeff Green led the team in FGAs.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #213 on: January 11, 2014, 01:45:17 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Good game, tough loss.  If the Cs can keep competing the way they have in the last two, eventually they'll start to get some wins. 

I'm really proud of the effort from our guys.  Keep fighting. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #214 on: January 11, 2014, 04:09:30 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
Great game.....Celtics played hard and if you're looking for a goat please get off Wallace's back. Bradley was 3/13 if you want someone to jump on.
two key plays...Sully lost the ball in a very critical situation and on the last play of game Green bounced the ball off his leg or foot and the ball went to Wallace who had no choice but to chuck it up. no matter how much you yell and scream it's still not Wallace's fault for the position he's in. go yell at Ainge, HE MADE THE TRADE!!!

Would love to have Humphries agree to rework his contract into something doable to keep him here, I really like this guy.
for all you bird watchers it was nice, for a change, to see a "Green swarmer" siting tonight.

« Reply #215 on: January 11, 2014, 05:35:01 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Safe to say Kris Humphries grabbed that starting spot and ran with it?

#KrisLovesReboundsAsMuchAsRealityStars
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #216 on: January 11, 2014, 08:39:35 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
My favorite part was JG's boards. At least these highlights showed a couple of the offensive boards. STAY AGGRESSIVE MAN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFz23b8aO_s

« Reply #217 on: January 11, 2014, 09:02:04 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Sullinger and Hump look to be our best two bigs.  They should probably be starting together.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #218 on: January 11, 2014, 09:37:12 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

Sullinger and Hump look to be our best two bigs.  They should probably be starting together.

Agreed.

Hump has shown time and time again, that if given the minutes, he can produce well.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #219 on: January 11, 2014, 04:42:59 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
This is my review of the game -

1st Quarter - Golden State had a nice start to the game executing well and punishing Celtics turnovers and quick shots with transition baskets. That is expected.

However, Jeff Green stepped up big with nice baskets, offensive rebounds and good defense. For facing an explosive high scoring opponent GS only got 24, while we had 21.

2nd Qtr - GS gets a bit sloppy and Celtics took advantage :)to grab a short lead. PJ Carlismo noted the shortage of Golden State bench scoring (may be why  they aren't with SA, PDX, OKC for top NBA records).

I am liking what I see out of Olynyk, Sully, and Bayless with activity on both ends of the court. However at 34 to 28 good guys in green, Bayless had a hideous TO that killed Celtic momentum. They are hanging on with aggressive defense especially from Wallace and Sullenger. The game swung back and forth both ways with good play from both sides and Bradley knocked in two key baskets in the last minute to enable Boston to grab a 49-47 half time lead. I say a job well done.

3rd Qtr observations: Celtics score inside effectively to survive the GS onslaught to begin the qtr. Turnovers are working against us a bit. I like that the Celtics get some transition opportunities unfortunately they don't take advantage consistently enough. Golden State was getting the better of it in the last three minutes of the 3rd qtr.

4th Qtr: Here comes the GS haymaker - Marresse Spieghts and then Curry with teh three and a foul. Where is AB in all this madness. Lets see how the Celtics respond. Come on Bradley git your head in the game, son. Spieghts is spanking Sully. Wow, just when we thought this game was over, Humphries went to work and helped Boston get back in there down only four with eight minutes left. As the game came down the stretch, both sides had chances to win and Golden State made one more play than the Celtics. Good learning experience for the Celtics and Coach Stevens.
The beatings will continue until morale improves