Author Topic: Celtics (13-21) at Nuggets (16-17) Game #35 1/7/14  (Read 35307 times)

Re: Celtics (13-21) at Nuggets (16-17) Game #35 1/7/14
« Reply #150 on: January 08, 2014, 05:24:01 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Wow, this team is BAD at defense.  Hard to believe anybody ever thought they'd be any good.  Hard to believe that they actually were kind of good for the first part of the season.
We were top 10 in defensive efficiency not too long ago. I think we're still in the top 15. I didn't understand how really, I think we'll drop. But I doubt we'll ever be truly terrible.

Yeah, I know the team was actually pretty good to start the season.  I'm not sure how they did it.  But now they're looking about as bad as I expected they'd be.

You mean over a sample of the last two games?

Well, I guess that proves it.

At this point, C18, this kind of response merits simply

::)

from me.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2014, 07:52:10 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Maybe Sullinger thought Hickson was his girlfriend?   JK.

« Reply #152 on: January 08, 2014, 08:08:55 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Wow, this team is BAD at defense.  Hard to believe anybody ever thought they'd be any good.  Hard to believe that they actually were kind of good for the first part of the season.
We were top 10 in defensive efficiency not too long ago. I think we're still in the top 15. I didn't understand how really, I think we'll drop. But I doubt we'll ever be truly terrible.

Yeah, I know the team was actually pretty good to start the season.  I'm not sure how they did it.  But now they're looking about as bad as I expected they'd be.

from me.

Fair enough.  My last comment was probably a little snarkier than it needed to be, but the one thing I have taken pride in so far this season is the way this team has given effort on the defensive end up until this point. 

Last night's game was the worst defensive effort I've seen.  Even if this team loses all the rest of their games, what will make me the most disappointed is if they have simply decided to pack in it and give up.

I can take the losses if it's because they aren't good enough to win, but folding will be tough to take.  I will be looking for a better defensive effort against the Clippers tonight, regardless of the final result. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2014, 09:09:20 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

from me.

Ultimately, Boston's ability to get back on track rests on defense, which itself is just effort. The Celtics have masked their inherent flaws (most notably an anemic, turnover-plagued offense) at times this season by buying into Stevens' defense-first system. But lately the Celtics have eroded on that end of the floor, struggling to stop teams in transition and offering little resistance to opposing ball-handlers. The result? Boston has plummeted from a top-10 defense to tied for 17th overall in defensive rating while allowing 103 points per 100 possessions through 35 games.

In losing eight of its last nine, Boston's defensive rating has been a cringe-worthy 108.3, ranking 27th in the league during that span. Opponents have shot 46.6 percent over the last nine games and 36.8 percent beyond the 3-point arc while averaging 105.3 points per game.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #154 on: January 08, 2014, 09:22:13 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

from me.

Ultimately, Boston's ability to get back on track rests on defense, which itself is just effort. The Celtics have masked their inherent flaws (most notably an anemic, turnover-plagued offense) at times this season by buying into Stevens' defense-first system. But lately the Celtics have eroded on that end of the floor, struggling to stop teams in transition and offering little resistance to opposing ball-handlers. The result? Boston has plummeted from a top-10 defense to tied for 17th overall in defensive rating while allowing 103 points per 100 possessions through 35 games.

In losing eight of its last nine, Boston's defensive rating has been a cringe-worthy 108.3, ranking 27th in the league during that span. Opponents have shot 46.6 percent over the last nine games and 36.8 percent beyond the 3-point arc while averaging 105.3 points per game.

That final quote on the celtics lack of defensive effort says it all for me. Last night was a terrible, lazy effort by too many players. I still like how sully plays hard under the basket.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #155 on: January 08, 2014, 09:30:46 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

from me.

Agreed.  It's been largely about effort on the defensive end lately.  I'm really hoping they can get some of that effort back, and that they haven't just "packed it in" for the season. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #156 on: January 08, 2014, 09:38:42 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I love the C's .......but.....

No way was I going to miss JUSTiFiED.  New episode   .....

To view a heartless blowout .

« Reply #157 on: January 08, 2014, 12:04:26 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
I think Sullinger tried to get ejected so he could watch the Buckeyes.