Author Topic: Rajon Rondo targets Jan 17 Laker game for his return  (Read 5950 times)

Re: Rajon Rondo targets Jan 17 Laker game for his return
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 08:44:23 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Just ruined Felger & Mazz's weekend

And, half the regular posters on CelticsBlog. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 08:48:09 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
I wonder where Marc Spears got this Jan 17 date from? All the beat writers were saying today that he was being very vague about when he was coming back. I hope Marc isn't just pulling a date out his butt.

Earlier Friday, while addressing reporters at Celtics shootaround in San Francisco, Rondo did not establish any clear date. He said his return from ACL recovery would come before the All-Star break, but otherwise was vague about when he might make his 2013-14 regular season debut.

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2014/01/report_rajon_rondo_plans_to_re.html#incart_river_default

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2014, 08:55:46 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Just sit sully til february then....

And only play rondo 20mpg

That should still put us in tank mode

Oh and try to move Green or Bass :)

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2014, 08:58:32 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I thought he'd return Jan 26th vs the Nets, because it would give Ainge a total of 10 games to showcase Rondo and prove he's healthy.

This works better... he can have 6 games to shake off the rust and then another 10 to get his trade value in order right in time for a deadline deal.

Alternatively, he could be a total disaster out there (like Rose this year) and then reinjure himself (like Rose this year).  We'll see what happens.

Brilliant.  That sums up the possibilities, nicely; either Rondo get re-injured or he gets traded.

Or, he could play great, be a leader out there, help his team and his teammates, and get re-signed as a long term Celtic once his contract comes up for re-negotiation . . . oh, forget it,  my scenario is just ridiculous optimism . . .
Yeah that's true... that' possible too...

Not but really... I say it's a 50/50 chance he gets traded.  If someone bites, Ainge will go for it.  If they don't, we'll just hang onto him.  We're not going to give him away for peanuts.  It has to be a trade that makes sense for our long-term future... the view 5 years from now.

You were also pretty sure he was going to get traded in the last offseason. As much as you want him off the team there's no concrete reason to believe your scenario is more likely than his, or even as likely.

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2014, 09:01:08 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Yes

Rajon back with Bass and Sully  and Green
no problem being number one in the East

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2014, 09:12:23 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
I thought he'd return Jan 26th vs the Nets, because it would give Ainge a total of 10 games to showcase Rondo and prove he's healthy.

This works better... he can have 6 games to shake off the rust and then another 10 to get his trade value in order right in time for a deadline deal.

Alternatively, he could be a total disaster out there (like Rose this year) and then reinjure himself (like Rose this year).  We'll see what happens.

Brilliant.  That sums up the possibilities, nicely; either Rondo get re-injured or he gets traded.

Or, he could play great, be a leader out there, help his team and his teammates, and get re-signed as a long term Celtic once his contract comes up for re-negotiation . . . oh, forget it,  my scenario is just ridiculous optimism . . .

Not but really... I say it's a 50/50 chance he gets traded.  If someone bites, Ainge will go for it.  If they don't, we'll just hang onto him.  We're not going to give him away for peanuts.  It has to be a trade that makes sense for our long-term future... the view 5 years from now.

You were also pretty sure he was going to get traded in the last offseason. As much as you want him off the team there's no concrete reason to believe your scenario is more likely than his, or even as likely.

Come on, Tim.  LarBrd loves Rondo.  He even named his cat after him. 

Someone should probably call the SPCA about that cat. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2014, 10:29:26 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Come on, Tim.  LarBrd loves Rondo.  He even named his cat after him. 

Someone should probably call the SPCA about that cat.

The cat was traded for lottery balls. Don't worry.

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2014, 10:40:51 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

He was also pretty Rondo would sit out the season. At one point he also questioned whether or not Rondo would play again.

My theory is that LarBrd is actually Rondo himself and he's just messing with us.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2014, 11:48:09 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I don't know what makes people so sure that Rondo is getting traded.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 11:54:40 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Rondo denies this report
OAKLAND, Calif. – Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo, who has been sidelined all season while recovering from knee surgery, adamantly denied a Yahoo Sports report that, citing unnamed sources, stated that Rondo had targeted Jan. 17 as a possible return date.

The Celtics host the Los Angeles Lakers that day at TD Garden.

“I’m not sure where that came from," Rondo said of the report Friday before the Celtics played the Golden State Warriors at Oracle Arena here. When asked if he had any targeted return date at all, Rondo said, “Honestly, I don’t.”

Celtics coach Brad Stevens said talk of any potential return date for Rondo was news to him. “I have not heard that from him or from anybody who would have that information," Stevens said.

Said Stevens, “We never talked about a specific date. I haven't heard from our organization that a date was targeted."

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2014/01/rajon_rondo_denies_report_that_said_he_has_targeted_jan_17_a.html?camp=twit:celtics&SREF=Optin&dlvrit=834396

keep on tankin' ;)

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2014, 12:13:13 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Yeah rondo just dismissed this as a lie.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2014, 01:39:15 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
He did say that he'd be back before the all star game, though.  I'll take that. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers: