Author Topic: Idea: Bynum for Humphries  (Read 5798 times)

Idea: Bynum for Humphries
« on: January 04, 2014, 01:58:17 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Bynum straight up for hump.

We waive him and management saves 6 mill. Or we have what amounts to a 15 million dollar non-guaranteed contract for next year. Similar to a trade exception.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Re: Idea: Bynum for Humphries
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 02:13:27 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Probably been floated already. I'd say it's a light possibility.

I'd rather see the Cs send Uncle Snooze and C Lee to the Cavs for Bynum, Gee and a pick (preferably the worse of their two firsts this year, if not the better of their two seconds).

Then trade Bass, and we talkin' cap room this summer.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 02:14:10 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
sorry -- repost.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 02:59:32 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

I'd rather see the Cs send Uncle Snooze and C Lee to the Cavs for Bynum, Gee and a pick (preferably the worse of their two firsts this year, if not the better of their two seconds).

That's funny. TP.

I actually had just checked that exact same trade on the checker, except I was thinking of us taking back Waiters instead of a pick - not because I like Waiters, but because I can't see what we'd do with another pick.

The general idea that CLE should be acquiring established players makes a lot of sense to me. Time is running out if they want to keep Kyrie. And, they do need help at SF and SG. I think Irving and Lee could be a great fit.

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 03:06:13 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Actually I would keep Humphries and re-sign him for 2/12 after the season....he is incredibly effective

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 03:16:16 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

That's funny. TP.

I actually had just checked that exact same trade on the checker, except I was thinking of us taking back Waiters instead of a pick - not because I like Waiters, but because I can't see what we'd do with another pick.

The general idea that CLE should be acquiring established players makes a lot of sense to me. Time is running out if they want to keep Kyrie. And, they do need help at SF and SG. I think Irving and Lee could be a great fit.

Green would be a good fit with Irving, also.  What the Cavs need is guys who can score on the wing without having the ball in their hands much at all.  Jeff fits the bill.  Lee does, as well, though he'll always be a stop-gap option as a starter.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 03:30:10 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

That's funny. TP.

Yeah I considered the notion of Waiters before deciding on Gee (expiring) and the pick, because a) I don't care that much about acquiring him, b) i don't really care to pay him high rookie scale, and c) CLE might balk.

Lemme put it this way... i wouldn't sweat it either way. I'd still do the deal, but would prefer the pick. I want assets to trade with Bogans on draft day.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 04:15:19 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Humph for Bynum makes alot of sense for both teams. If it comes down to just waiving him I could see the cave doing this.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 05:51:53 AM »

Offline Mattson

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
Wouldn't the Cavs be inclined to go after a SF?

I understand the Gasol rumor and Hump suggestion, but I think they would be better suited by going after a small forward. They have nothing there.
"My lil' bro Mattson writes about the Celtics and the NBA over at http://www.randomandsome.com/ -- Buckets!"

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 06:08:23 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Wouldn't the Cavs be inclined to go after a SF?

I understand the Gasol rumor and Hump suggestion, but I think they would be better suited by going after a small forward. They have nothing there.

Bynum doesn't wanna play in Cleveland.

I'd imagine they need a less losing season in the worst way, for the sake of developing the kids and for the sake of keeping Kyrie. Keeping Bynum hurts their cause and Bynum has a lot of leverage as far as his destinations go.

This is what confuses me...re: Houston-Asik. Asik is like Bynum at this point. Literally cap space being burned for nothing. Literally a contract that's not producing. Considering that a championship is already well within reach, and considering that we're throwing in a first, why won't they get rid of that empty contract? Worst case scenario, they use our first to dump the long term contract of Lee/Bass and they'd still be able to re-up Parsons.

That said, I love Hump. I don't want him to go to the Cavs...where the front office thinks signing Mike Brown is a good idea :(... Love you Hump!

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 07:33:26 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I don't get it...why would we do this?

Reason 1: To save money
Hump's $12M contract already comes off the books after this season.

Reason 2: To free cap space right now
Unless you want the money freed up now so that Boston can go after a free agent, but even then why?  This year the Celtics are somewhere in between garbage and mediocre.  Adding a MLE player sure as hell will not make the Celtics even remotely competitive this year.   

Reason 3: To get Bynum on the team
Bynum mentally is probably the second worst NBA player in this league after Dwight...hell he might even be WORSE than Dwight.  The guy is a medical disaster who's career may be over before the end of this season (see: Brandon Roy).  The only difference is that Roy was actually a good player with a good attitude.  Bynum is a talented player with a horrible attitude.

Hump has probably been out most consistent (and arguably our best) player this year.  He has played with the same outstanding effort every night regardless of whether he plays 5 minutes or 25 - he's been the ultimate professional.  No complaining, even at the start of the season when he was practically a bench warmer.  He's pretty much putting up double-double numbers on a per-36 minute basis, his attitude has been great AND he's a $12M expiring contract.  He should actually have pretty good value as a trade asset so why trade him for a useless tub that nobody wants?

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 07:36:15 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Actually I would keep Humphries and re-sign him for 2/12 after the season....he is incredibly effective
Agreed if bass is traded id want Ainge to look at resigning hump

Also I think it's bad karma to trade a good team player,teammate for one of the worst in league to save money

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2014, 07:37:33 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Bynum doesn't wanna play in Cleveland.

He doesn't want to play period.   

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 10:25:45 AM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Agreed if bass is traded id want Ainge to look at resigning hump

Also I think it's bad karma to trade a good team player,teammate for one of the worst in league to save money

I was all for the trade (if Hump isn't in our plans), but you are right. It really stinks to trade a good team mate for a cancer to save money.

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2014, 10:36:31 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
I would pass on Bynum if he played for free..he is trouble and wouldn't want him on this team
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin