Author Topic: Gasol to Cavs close. Good news for our lottery chances.  (Read 6249 times)

Re: Gasol to Cavs close. Good news for our lottery chances.
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2014, 07:23:09 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I thought Fakers gave their pick up for Nash... they wont have a lottery pick. Maybe I'm wrong... either way I hope everything they do fails... putting The Color Purple jinx on!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 07:30:22 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
I thought Fakers gave their pick up for Nash... they wont have a lottery pick. Maybe I'm wrong... either way I hope everything they do fails... putting The Color Purple jinx on!

Lakers do have their 2014 pick unfortunately. 

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, 07:41:54 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
If I'm the C's, I offer Crawford + Clippers pick for Waiters.

Cleveland gets comparable production that can play PG, plus a pick, and the C's get a cheap look at Waiters for a couple of seasons. Rondo + Bradley + Waiters is certainly interesting.
If I'm the C's,

I offer Bradley, Crawford, Bass, Bogans (expiring) for Bynum and Waiters.   Gets our cap to 40 mil next season.  We could be a player in free agency.

Cavs laugh.

Then I offer Bradley, Green and Bogans for Bynum, Waiters and a future first (Miami's 2015 they own)

Then if they laugh that off too, I just offer Bradley, Green and Bass for Bynum and Waiters. 

Eventually I give up.

Wouldn't feel good about Bradley but Bass and Green for Bynum would be alright. Keep Waiters.

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2014, 07:44:02 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Love it for Cleveland.

Gasol and Triatan Thompsan fit great. Gasol provides the skill at C with his good passing and shooting and Thompsan is an excellent scrapper to play next him and rebounds at a high level with great athleticism and defensive activity.

Irving
Waitors
Gee
Thompsan
Gasol

Verajao 6th man.

#ThreeSeed
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2014, 07:49:49 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Haha, wrong thread. 
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 07:57:39 PM by foulweatherfan »

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2014, 07:59:28 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I'm aware the Lakers can't trade their pick this season because their '15 pick is going to Phoenix, but can they trade it on draft night or days after with Nash's salary? They may be inclined to trade even a top 5 pick if they can in order to attract Melo/Lebron....

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2014, 08:18:49 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I would rather this deal NOT go though…..the Cavs will always fail…it helps rebuild the Lakers by tanking them

This would be a solid tank for LA , who have  decent team , and can still be horrible in the strong west …and get a lottery pick……AGGGRR

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2014, 08:32:30 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

Lakers do have their 2014 pick unfortunately.

Yeah, but they can't trade it b/c of the Stepien rule with their 2015 pick already going to Phoenix.

I don't know what Cleveland is asking for here... at earliest it could be a 2017 first round pick back.  The Lakers also don't own their 2nd round pick either this draft.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2014, 08:48:45 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The Lakers can trade thisyear's pick by agreeing to draft whoever the team they are trading with wants and then trading that player's rights to the team the Lakers made the deal with.

Its a technicality but it can be done on draft night.

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2014, 08:51:03 PM »

Offline henr1k

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 58
LA wants to save 20M dollars (including tax) AND to get an asset for a 33y old guy on a decline who is going to be UFA in 6 months. Good luck with that.

And btw, speaking of tanking, trading Pau would actually make Lakers better, similar how Raptors got better after Gay trade.

Although declining, Pau is still a decent player but he is a terrible fit in D'Antoni' system. He needs the ball in the post and that is a big no-no for D'Antoni. Playing Jordan Hill or Kaman + 4 shooters would make them better IMO.

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2014, 09:12:16 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
LA wants to save 20M dollars (including tax) AND to get an asset for a 33y old guy on a decline who is going to be UFA in 6 months. Good luck with that.

And btw, speaking of tanking, trading Pau would actually make Lakers better, similar how Raptors got better after Gay trade.

Although declining, Pau is still a decent player but he is a terrible fit in D'Antoni' system. He needs the ball in the post and that is a big no-no for D'Antoni. Playing Jordan Hill or Kaman + 4 shooters would make them better IMO.
... or they could fire their coach and get someone who will use Pau properly.

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2014, 10:02:44 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

... or they could fire their coach and get someone who will use Pau properly.

The Lakers aren't going to be an elite team for a few years, so they might as well try to be entertaining for their fans' sake.  D'Antoni is a big-name coach who employs a fast, entertaining style.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain