Author Topic: With 6 weeks till the trade deadline, is anyone safe? What are you hoping for ?  (Read 9128 times)

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Doubt this would happens, but how about Lou Williams?
Truuuuuuuuuth!

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Doubt this would happens, but how about Lou Williams?

We already have Crawford, right?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Players that are safe
-Olynyk
-Sullinger
-Rondo

Players that are probably safe
-Wallace (contract)
-Bradley (Ainge sees him as part of the future it seems)
-Vitor
-Green

Trade Bait
-Humphries
-Lee
-Bogans
-Pressey
-Clippers 2015
-Crawford
-Bass

What I think will happen is that Ainge takes on another contract using Hump's expiring in order to collect another 2014 1st. Lee and Bass will be moved for an expiring and a pick as the first move would probably put the Celtics closer to the luxury tax threshold. I do not think Asik is coming even though it makes sense. Could also see Ainge package Bass Lee and the 2015 Clippers pick for an expiring and a 2014 pick too.

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Players that are safe
-Olynyk
-Sullinger
-Rondo

-Wallace (contract)
-Vitor
-Green

Trade Bait
-Humphries
-Lee
-Bogans
-Pressey
-Clippers 2015
-Crawford
-Bass

What I think will happen is that Ainge takes on another contract using Hump's expiring in order to collect another 2014 1st. Lee and Bass will be moved for an expiring and a pick as the first move would probably put the Celtics closer to the luxury tax threshold. I do not think Asik is coming even though it makes sense. Could also see Ainge package Bass Lee and the 2015 Clippers pick for an expiring and a 2014 pick too.

This is very realistic.

I can see Green getting moved along with any first rounders that DA can pick up to make a move for Parker on draft night. I also wouldn't be surprised if Rondo was in the mix to move up. I hope not, but wouldn't surprise me.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Wiggins and K Love

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Players that are safe
-Olynyk
-Sullinger
-Rondo

-Wallace (contract)
-Vitor
-Green

Trade Bait
-Humphries
-Lee
-Bogans
-Pressey
-Clippers 2015
-Crawford
-Bass

This is very realistic.

I can see Green getting moved along with any first rounders that DA can pick up to make a move for Parker on draft night. I also wouldn't be surprised if Rondo was in the mix to move up. I hope not, but wouldn't surprise me.

If a team is bad enough to acquire the number 1 overall pick, they will NOT be trading it for Jeff Green and some first rounders. They'd be crazy.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Players that are safe
-Olynyk
-Sullinger
-Rondo

-Wallace (contract)
-Vitor
-Green

Trade Bait
-Humphries
-Lee
-Bogans
-Pressey
-Clippers 2015
-Crawford
-Bass

This is very realistic.

If a team is bad enough to acquire the number 1 overall pick, they will NOT be trading it for Jeff Green and some first rounders. They'd be crazy.
Correct. It makes no sense to "move down" in this draft if you are in the lottery.

I also not not agree with moving some of our expiring contracts for picks only to acquire other expiring contracts. The way I see it, this team already has plenty of draft picks, so they might as well hold onto Hump, Bogans and Brooks and let them expire.  Then go out and make a splash in the FA market to go with a core of Rondo, Green, Sully, Bradley.

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Players that are safe
-Olynyk
-Sullinger
-Rondo

-Wallace (contract)
-Vitor
-Green

Trade Bait
-Humphries
-Lee
-Bogans
-Pressey
-Clippers 2015
-Crawford
-Bass

This is very realistic.

Correct. It makes no sense to "move down" in this draft if you are in the lottery. So the odds of the C's moving up into the lottery are zero.

I also not not agree with moving some of our expiring contracts for picks only to acquire other expiring contracts. The way I see it, this team already has plenty of draft picks, so they might as well hold onto Hump, Bogans and Brooks and let them expire.  Then go out and make a splash in the FA market to go with a core of Rondo, Green, Sully, Bradley.

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
Players that are safe
-Olynyk
-Sullinger
-Rondo

-Wallace (contract)
-Vitor
-Green

Trade Bait
-Humphries
-Lee
-Bogans
-Pressey
-Clippers 2015
-Crawford
-Bass

This is very realistic.

Correct. It makes no sense to "move down" in this draft if you are in the lottery.

I also not not agree with moving some of our expiring contracts for picks only to acquire other expiring contracts. The way I see it, this team already has plenty of draft picks, so they might as well hold onto Hump, Bogans and Brooks and let them expire.   Then go out and make a splash in the FA market to go with a core of Rondo, Green, Sully, Bradley.

I agree except I would have no problem including Jeff Green or Avery Bradley in any trade that netted us more future first rounders or a proven rotation level big man preferably a center. Does not have to be a 2014 pick for me. They are replaceable via the draft IMO.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku