Author Topic: Master "win now" plan  (Read 6685 times)

Re: Master "win now" plan
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 09:58:30 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Green, Bogans, 1st for Granger

That Granger deal is awful for so many reasons

Granger an upgrade over Green?  At least he wants the ball, and a more reliable 3pt shooter.

Green's actually beating Granger in every shooting category (FG%, 3pt%, eFG%, TS%) except free throws this season. Admittedly a small sample size for Granger, but I'd definitely rather keep Green and the first.

Granger is having a down year.

But here's a quote from a certain somebody:
"He doesn't work hard enough (in the offseason)," Bird said. "He's not a guy who'll push himself to the brink like a lot of our guys do. He works hard but he doesn't push himself. That's why he starts slow every year and he just works his way back. Now this year, he's been hurt, so it's a different deal."

They're basically identical, Green and Granger.

I'd say Granger might be very debatably, marginally better but there's not a first round pick's worth of difference.

Hell, with Jeff Green being younger and more athletic I would think their values might be more or less identical (if not, Jeff Green might even have the edge).

Definitely no firsts. Hell, I wouldn't do Jeff Green for Granger straight up.

Good.  Makes it simpler.

What would you think of

Rondo/Crawford
Bradley/Lee
Green/Lee
Gasol/Sully
Asik/KO

For this season, with Pau Gasol expiring?  Easily (perhaps) a 2nd round team, but do they have a puncher's chance against Miami and Indy?

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2014, 12:36:54 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2014, 06:44:26 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
I don't think you need Melo if you're getting Love.  Be ridiculously expensive to keep all those guys together anyhow.

I think a Rondo/Afflalo/Green/Love/Asik team is more sustainable, plus you'd be able to afford a better bench.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2014, 06:53:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I don't think you need Melo if you're getting Love.  Be ridiculously expensive to keep all those guys together anyhow.

I think a Rondo/Afflalo/Green/Love/Asik team is more sustainable, plus you'd be able to afford a better bench.
I don't think Love is actually realistic.  Definitely not now.  Maybe next season.   But this season, I think it's at least somewhat plausible you could get Melo.  Since the premise of this thread is to "win now"... I created a 4 team trade that leaves us with PG - Rondo, SG - Afflalo, SF - Melo, PF - Sully, C - Asik ...   Judging by the fact that nobody has come out and said, "That's not enough assets to land ___"... I'm guessing it's at least somewhat reasonable. 

I expected at least one person to say, "There's no way the Knicks would trade Melo to Boston", but I guess all the value I'm giving up in the hypothetical trade and the fact that the knicks are atrocious makes it mildly rational.